Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a Free domain expiry monitor
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Go4MartGo4Mart Member
edited March 2021 in Help

I am looking for a free service that can manage domain names and notify about the expiry date as I found some online services that have a limitation of only 10 domains to be monitored.

Please, advice

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

If you own the domains then your registrar should be notifying you when your domains are near their expiration dates no?

If not, Dynadot has a "feature" where you can add external domains in your account so you'll have visibility on their Status, Expiration etc, but I don't think you'll be notified.

Example:

• darbdarb Member

softnik.com has a few different tools, can't recall the free level, but win/mac local pc with api tools.

godaddy has a domain monitoring service for things shuch as dns changes, status changes, etc; can't recall if that was at their paid (auctions) level or not.

domainmod.org is a full blown open source, self hosted package for domain portfolios.

there is third party web service with higher limit of domains that I can't recall atm; I get period notifications from a bunch of domains that I entered a couple of years ago.

Thanked by 2Go4Mart kalipus
  • darbdarb Member
    edited March 2021

Hetrix has the ability to monitor domain expiries also, but 10 is their free limit.

Thanked by 1Go4Mart
  • MalinMalin Member

I tried domainmod and it seemed overkill for what I needed and I eventually settled with a bash script from nixcraft that is pretty much abandoned on Github as it does not support nTLD's and some ccTLDs but I added them.

• fazarfazar Member

try dnmin. made by our fellow LET member.

Thanked by 1gamejump
  • It's still a work in progress, but you can have a look at www.whois.bi happy to take feature requests on it via email or on github

• would be great to have domain and ssl expiry monitor

• was that a request for whois.bi @wii747?

• @Malin said:
    I tried domainmod and it seemed overkill for what I needed and I eventually settled with a bash script from nixcraft that is pretty much abandoned on Github as it does not support nTLD's and some ccTLDs but I added them.

I did try domainmod, Na, I wasn't happy with it.
    Not sure about nixcraft..

@thedp said:
    If you own the domains then your registrar should be notifying you when your domains are near their expiration dates no?

If not, Dynadot has a "feature" where you can add external domains in your account so you'll have visibility on their Status, Expiration etc, but I don't think you'll be notified.

Example:

Thanks but it does not have the option to get notified about expired domains, which is bad as the main target to get notified to renew the domain name.

@darb said:
    softnik.com has a few different tools, can't recall the free level, but win/mac local pc with api tools.

godaddy has a domain monitoring service for things shuch as dns changes, status changes, etc; can't recall if that was at their paid (auctions) level or not.

domainmod.org is a full blown open source, self hosted package for domain portfolios.

there is third party web service with a higher limit of domains that I can't recall atm; I get period notifications from a bunch of domains that I entered a couple of years ago.

I did try domainmod, Na, I wasn't happy with it.

I am no longer using GoDaddy, they charge me a lot of money for domains other than other registrars, I am not sure where is the feature they have you talking about.

Can't find anything free from SoftNik they have a trial version for a limited time maybe, but nothing is free.

What is the Third-Party Web Service you were talking about? Is it free? > @fazar said:

I will try it, I see up to 100 domains, Great, the only thing that the text is too small I have to increase it to 150% in order to see the text.

It might be great if that works.
    It will be great to have an SSL expiry monitor and website uptime monitor on it also DNS Monitor would be good as well as an optional feature, but by adding the domain and try it, It does not provide the expiration date once the domain is added.

@whois_bi said:
    It's still a work in progress, but you can have a look at www.whois.bi happy to take feature requests on it via email or on github

It's great to find an open-source tool, well, Sure will try it.

For the current Website, you running the service seems something wrong with emails.

@wii747 said:
    would be great to have domain and SSL expiry monitor

Yes, It's an extra feature

• @fazar said:

It does not work at all, do you know who did the tool?

When you add the domains It does not show any info and keep loading... I believe over 24 hours now.

• darbdarb Member

@Go4Mart said:

I am no longer using GoDaddy, they charge me a lot of money for domains other than other registrars, I am not sure where is the feature they have you talking about.

I am definetly not a fan of GD in anyway except for using their drop catch for GD expired domains and to somewhat of a lesser degree of their maketplace listings. Anyways when I log in , "Domain Products" is one of three options, then "Domain Backorder" allows me to monitor domains for an changes in status, dns, etc. It may require Auctions membership for this, which is the only ongoing paid GD service that I have.

Can't find anything free from SoftNik they have a trial version for a limited time maybe, but nothing is free.

Looks like they have elimited the free entry level producs, or it may just revert to it after the trial period expires. Maybe give Watch My Domains a spin for the trial period and see what happpens after 30 days. Pretty quick and easy to install and populate.

What is the Third-Party Web Service you were talking about? Is it free? > @fazar said:

yes, that was it.

• fazarfazar Member

@Go4Mart said:
    It does not work at all, do you know who did the tool?

When you add the domains It does not show any info and keep loading... I believe over 24 hours now.

a bit strange, since my account works fine and send proper notifications regarding to domains status to my email.

I believe its developed by @seikan

• @Go4Mart said: It does not work at all, do you know who did the tool?

Some domain extensions may not be working anymore due to their Whois server are discontinued. Let me know if you still have any issues.