Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need server hardware details for 7000 users accessing Autodesk Revit application
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need server hardware details for 7000 users accessing Autodesk Revit application

Hi mates, i need a help.
I have 7000 users and they would be accessing Revit software as part of company
what kind of server hardware needed for this situation? with peak and sustained flops
Processor, cores, Memory and storage required ? also GPU if needed.
Please help asap, its a request, I need to submit a report based on the hardware. Actually need to suggest a migration plan to AWS

Comments

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited March 2021

Please help asap, its a request,

Righto!

I need to submit a report based on the hardware. Actually need to suggest a migration plan to AWS

I am going to sound like a straight up asshole right now, hire a/team of seasoned admins.

You are not going to get the world handed over to you for free.

Thanked by 2lanefu maverickp
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Revit Server 2021 system requirements

You need one of these for every 100 concurrent users:

6x dedicated cores, 3.0 GHz
    32 GB RAM
    200GB SSD
    Windows Server 2019

Thanked by 2jack250587 webcraft
  • @yoursunny said:
    Revit Server 2021 system requirements

You need one of these for every 100 concurrent users:

6x dedicated cores, 3.0 GHz
    32 GB RAM
    200GB SSD
    Windows Server 2019

Thanks brother. How about building a dedicated server like in HPC architecture for handling that many users?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@jack250587 said:
    Thanks brother. How about building a dedicated server like in HPC architecture for handling that many users?

It may be possible, but you need to do a stress test.
    You can use a big hourly instance (start with something like 32 cores and 128GB RAM) to see how many users it can handle.

Thanked by 1jack250587
  • Why wouldn't you just ask AutoDesk? SMH

The fact he didn't even check their documentation for system requirements is not a good sign.

Lastly, you really, really need to contact them. Documentation often lags and adding features tends to increase requirements (I'm talking about you, Atlassian, Nextcloud, etc). You don't want to move/upgrade servers again in 2022.