Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

remove win10 from a domain
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

remove win10 from a domain

ChalipaChalipa Member

Hi,

Long time Mac user here, recently the company that I used to work with ended it's operation in my country and we they told us that we can keep the laptop we used during our job.

It's a Fujitsu Lifebook series U, the problem is I have only guest access and cannot install/update anything, it's connected to a domain as well.

I searched over the internet, F12 should take me to the recovery option while I restart the computer but it does not, maybe they have removed the recovery option?

I want to know how do I reinstall perhaps do a factory reset?

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• grab urself a win10 iso, burn it to a disk, pop it in and reinstall.

Thanked by 1Chalipa
  • @james50a said:
    grab urself a win10 iso, burn it to a disk, pop it in and reinstall.

It's not letting me boot the computer from USB/DISK.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@Chalipa said:
    Hi,

Long time Mac user here, recently the company that I used to work with ended it's operation in my country and we they told us that we can keep the laptop we used during our job.

It's a Fujitsu Lifebook series U, the problem is I have only guest access and cannot install/update anything, it's connected to a domain as well.

I searched over the internet, F12 should take me to the recovery option while I restart the computer but it does not, maybe they have removed the recovery option?

I want to know how do I reinstall perhaps do a factory reset?

Any help would be appreciated!

Shoot them an email, they operate in other countries.

• @Chalipa said: It's not letting me boot the computer from USB/DISK.

Probably you have a BIOS lock in place. I'm not sure if it's possible to just reset BIOS or you might need to contact the company which gave you the laptop to unlock it for you.

• Connect your USB (WIN iso)

Restart PC

Boot into BIOS

Mount USB as boot device (Priority 1)

Restart

• Go4MartGo4Mart Member
    edited March 2021

You need to change BIOS settings, load setup, and let the USB boot first.

If you are able to do that get MacOS iso, you can find it online and install it.
    make sure your laptop supports it.

Depends on your model you will find great support here: You said Fujitsu Lifebook series U and you need to look for model number as well,
    https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/sierra-laptop-support.188/

Full Installation Guide here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/unibeast-install-macos-catalina-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.285366/

It might be hard and time-consuming but it worth it since you are a MacOS user :smile:

Hope that helps