Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there is a web hosting uptime check history to see if it's reliable hosting or not?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is there is a web hosting uptime check history to see if it's reliable hosting or not?

Go4MartGo4Mart Member

I am looking for a public web hosting monitor server uptime check history to know if reliable hosting or not?

Let me know your thoughts as I think I saw something like this before, but do not remember the name...

Comments

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

You can try uptimerobot.com pointing to your desired web hosting company and see how much time they are up/down.

• If you are looking to check the uptime history of a specific provider. They may have a "Network status" or "Status" page in their website.
    If you want to monitor your own website, VPS, etc. You can check out HetrixTools.

• @CaptainDuck said:
    If you are looking to check the uptime history of a specific provider. They may have a "Network status" or "Status" page in their website.
    If you want to monitor your own website, VPS, etc. You can check out HetrixTools.

most of the time they dont have one

• @webclouddev said:

@CaptainDuck said:
    If you are looking to check the uptime history of a specific provider. They may have a "Network status" or "Status" page in their website.

Reliable (and big) providers have it if they want their customers to check if the problem is on the host's end. I wouldn't say to steer away from providers that don't have status pages, you should also check reviews from existing clients and see if they are reliable.

• @Andreix said:
    You can try uptimerobot.com pointing to your desired web hosting company and see how much time they are up/down.

I understand but that going to start since I did it, but what I mean that there are websites that have public uptime history for everyone in the web hosting industry, but I do not remember the name.

@CaptainDuck said:
    If you are looking to check the uptime history of a specific provider. They may have a "Network status" or "Status" page on their website.

Yes, but this can be manipulated.

@webclouddev said:

@CaptainDuck said:
    If you are looking to check the uptime history of a specific provider. They may have a "Network status" or "Status" page on their website.

most of the time they don't have one

True

@CaptainDuck said:

@webclouddev said:

@CaptainDuck said:

Reliable (and big) providers have it if they want their customers to check if the problem is on the host's end. I wouldn't say to steer away from providers that don't have status pages, you should also check reviews from existing clients and see if they are reliable.

But we do not talk of that kind of reliability, we need historical data of uptime.

• @CaptainDuck said:

@webclouddev said:

@CaptainDuck said:

Not firing shots at anyone but reputed and frequently recommended providers like buyvm , nexusbytes dont have ( publicly available ) one but they are reliable

• Looks like it's from a third party, well, they do show how they got their data. I suggest making your own monitor then if you have another provider in mind, if not then you can try the hosts inside that study.

If you truly want a reliable provider with 99.99%-100% uptime then look into high availability options and/or strict SLA guarantees.

• Go4MartGo4Mart Member
    edited March 2021

@webclouddev said:

@CaptainDuck said:

@webclouddev said:

@CaptainDuck said:

Not firing shots at anyone but reputed and frequently recommended providers like buyvm , nexusbytes dont have ( publicly available ) one but they are reliable

Well, if someone already monitors them of course they would say that, not sure why trusting them so much? did you try them? anyway, that's not mainly the topic.

I am looking for a resource to know uptime for the hosting providers.

@CaptainDuck said:

Looks like it's from a third party, well, they do show how they got their data. I suggest making your own monitor then if you have another provider in mind, if not then you can try the hosts inside that study.

If you truly want a reliable provider with 99.99%-100% uptime then look into high availability options and/or strict SLA guarantees.

Well, that's not the topic, I am looking for a resource to know uptime for the hosting providers.
    Making my own monitor, well, I was looking for a website or service that keeps the history which will be much helpful for research the hosts and add hosting, actually, there was something but do not remember the name.

and for the resource, they monitor in Pingdom and set it to public
    If you read it, you will find the link to the original monitor.
    https://stats.pingdom.com/zp1kq4gopbjs

• @webclouddev said: Not firing shots at anyone but reputed and frequently recommended providers like buyvm , nexusbytes dont have ( publicly available ) one but they are reliable

NB does! https://heartbeat.nexusbytes.com/

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@webclouddev said:

@CaptainDuck said:

@webclouddev said:

@CaptainDuck said:

BuyVM has one too https://my.frantech.ca/serverstatus.php
    Just need to do a quick registration which takes less than 3 minutes.
    @Francisco, please repair.

• @SmallWeb said:

@webclouddev said: Not firing shots at anyone but reputed and frequently recommended providers like buyvm , nexusbytes dont have ( publicly available ) one but they are reliable

NB does! https://heartbeat.nexusbytes.com/

i thought it was pass protected since i was checking : https://status.nexusbytes.com/

@skorupion said:

@webclouddev said:

@CaptainDuck said:

@webclouddev said:

@CaptainDuck said:

BuyVM has one too https://my.frantech.ca/serverstatus.php

its an inbuilt from whmcs, anyway my point was public server status page dosent mean reliable or non reliable

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

We don't have it wired up, never have.

We shared nodeping stats with those that ask, but almost every user runs hetrixtools on our shared nodes anyway.

Francisco