Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap plesk license
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap plesk license

marsonmarson Member

Hello

Can anyone recommend cheap plesk license? Web pro edition will be OK for me, I need only plesk license without VPS

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

Does plesk is better than directadmin?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Great price but they based in Malaysia so no privacy protection laws or GDPR (no one knows how your data will be used), try the following provider in EU:

https://www.ip-projects.com/software/plesk-licences/

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

@LTniger said:
    Does plesk is better than directadmin?

Yes

• marsonmarson Member
    edited March 2021

@LTniger said: Does plesk is better than directadmin?

Hello

Good question and good person;) I can try to answer it for you. I know DirectAdmin very well, I use it for years and I work in hosting company that offers managed VPS with DirectAdmin in Poland, I am using DirectAdmin for several years and I am able to properly secure and customize DirectAdmin to my needs. But... well couple weeks ago one person ask us if we can manage plesk server instead of DirectAdmin for him, we agreed and I installed plesk for hin then configure it step by step.

At first Plesk was veirt, totally different structure, totally different meaning of thinks, like subscriptions no familiar custombuild, website at /var/www instead of /home howeve when I look closer at plesk I feel that is more powerful than DirectAdmin, like:

1. Almost everything can be managed by GUI instead of CLI and hand-made config files
    2. POstgreSQL support
    3. Ruby and GIT support out of box
    4. PHP as RPM not source, maybe a bit slower but faster to install, uninstall and maintain
    5. incremental backups and different backups storage like dropbox, google drive etc
    6. Docker support
    7. Excellent documentation with explanation what is the problem, why it can happen and how to solve it, not just do this, do that and it will work... or not :)

And all of this I can tell just after couple weeks or days after my first attempt with plesk, I am just impressed, so that is why I am asking for license only, I would like to setup plesk for myself on some spare VPS or dedicated to familiar it more. Of course DirectAdmin is still great especially comparing the price but after all years with DirectAdmin I clearly see that it is lacking features or at leaset needs a lot of manual interventions for example to create a fully working autodisaver configuration with DirectAdmin I have to manually create SRV records and proper configuration files, with plesk all I can do is clicking a checkbox in plesk adnin panel to do the same.

Thanked by 3mustafamw3 Levi vero
  • xaocxaoc Member

I think that digitalocean offers Plesk for free(3 domains limit) on their VMs. At least that was the case a while back.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Just buy a lifetime reseller hosting from us and never paid the bill again.. :tongue:

Anyways, if you have a vps from us then you can buy a license with 10% discount

(Valid for directadmin and plesk only)

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

website at /var/www instead of /home howeve when I look closer at plesk I feel that is more powerful than DirectAdmin

Very easy to move to /home just need to run one ssh command line and all clients will be based in home directory instead of /var/www