Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Bridge config for additional /29
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Bridge config for additional /29

justchiljustchil Member
edited March 2021 in Help

node:

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 142.xx.xx.38/32
gateway 142.xx.xx.254
bridge-ports eno1
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0

vm:
network:
version: 2
ethernets:
ens18:
addresses:
- 51.xx.xx.17/32
- 51.xx.xx.16/32
routes:
- to: 0.0.0.0/0
via: 142.xx.xx.254
on-link: true
nameservers:
addresses:
- "9.9.9.9"
- "149.112.112.112"

add vmac to vm from ovh, you can add the same vmac to multiple ips on ovh

Comments

• justchiljustchil Member
    edited March 2021

updated

• @justchil That's normal. You can only use the IP once. It isn't possible to have an IP-address active on multiple VM's, unless you will use router software such as OPNSense.

You actually can use multiple IP's on one VM. You would just need to indeed assign the IP to a MAC-address and add a new network adapter for each IP.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@justchil said:
    nvm

Read the rules!

Things Everyone Hates and Things We Do Not Allow
    - Creating a thread and then editing the content to remove it, replace it with "delete please", or something like that.

Thanked by 1Wolf
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Ban OP.

• nvm is a version manager for node.js, designed to be installed per-user, and invoked per-shell. nvm works on any POSIX-compliant shell (sh, dash, ksh, zsh, bash), in particular on these platforms: unix, macOS, and windows WSL.

you can check more about nvm here.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • I'm sorry guys. I thought I could delete the post myself. Posted up my solution in hopes it will help someone in the future.

Thanked by 1Wolf
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@justchil said:
    I'm sorry guys. I thought I could delete the post myself. Posted up my solution in hopes it will help someone in the future.

Good decision.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

In 2007, I'm told that "America has a lot of IPs, every VPS comes with 5 IPs and a dedicated server has /24".
    It's all lies, lies.

• Can you cut it with the v6 bullshit already?

• coldcold Member

@yoursunny said:
    In 2007, I'm told that "America has a lot of IPs, every VPS comes with 5 IPs and a dedicated server has /24".
    It's all lies, lies.

thats only if you do push-ups !