Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spearware Networks - Affordable VPS' in Tampa, FL - 30% off ALL SERVICES! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Spearware Networks - Affordable VPS' in Tampa, FL - 30% off ALL SERVICES!

Comments

• edited March 2021

deleted

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • mike1smike1s Member
    edited March 2021

@SpearwareSucks said:
    A word of caution to any people considering this company.

He already deadpooled ""Spearware Networks"" once before https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_fl/L17000081827

He blamed his poor choice of business partners (only one is registered on the LLC which looks like it is a brother or cousin) and the business partners pushing frequent aggressive sales

Now he is back with the same name https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_fl/L20000299549

Doing the same frequent aggressive sales and looking at expanding while he has not enough customers to fill his first server or rack it looks like he only has a small amount of customers https://dnslytics.com/bgp/as212647

This company is being run by someone who still has a day job https://linkedin.com/in/michaelkspears (netgate being evil is another topic)

He talks ""we"" and ""our"" but it looks like a single guy doing all this work pretending to be a bigger than the company is

Why is the fiberlight deal fall throiugh?

30% off! ""flash offer!"" that is 5 days long.. it looks like another deadpool is coming in the future

I'm going to ignore your username and just respond to your other "points".

1) I never used the Spearware Networks name for a hosting provider or anything for that matter until now, that was why it was dissolved.

2) My prior LLC that was used as a hosting provider was The Winter Hill Companies, LLC (http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=EntityName&directionType=Initial&searchNameOrder=WINTERHILLCOMPANIES L190001150881&aggregateId=flal-l19000115088-cc954da5-b18b-47c3-b50a-9dd0b4270f29&searchTerm=winter hill companies&listNameOrder=WINTERHILLCOMPANIES L190001150881)

2a) You can clearly see that my current LLC does have multiple people on it. http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=EntityName&directionType=Initial&searchNameOrder=SPEARWARENETWORKS L200002995490&aggregateId=flal-l20000299549-736ceee5-bd89-4980-b7f6-b14513d98bb0&searchTerm=spearware networks&listNameOrder=SPEARWARENETWORKS L170000818270

3) You can't base the number of customers someone has based on how many mail/dns servers someone has on their /24.

4) FiberLight deal fell through because they lied about knowing where their equipment is.

5) Many people starting companies work dayjobs. Also, nice job doxxing.

• One more thing... I stated in that thread, this was longterm expansion plans. I'm not starting another location for at least 6 months to a year.

• edited March 2021

deleted

• edited March 2021

deleted

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@SpearwareSucks said:
    if you only have one /24 and it is under 30% used this is an indication you dont have many customers

How many customers do you expect a new company to have?

• @SpearwareSucks said:
    if you only have one /24 and it is under 30% used this is an indication you dont have many customers

You don't need to know how many customers I have. Why does that matter to anyone?? Just know that I'm breaking even currently.

• @SpearwareSucks said:
    that is not doxxing you did not hide your name or your company name or try to make yourself invisible everything is clear and open

Posting my linkedin counts as doxxing as I didn't share it.

• edited March 2021

deleted

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • DataGizmosDataGizmos Member
    edited March 2021

@SpearwareSucks With all due respect, he just started this company (yes its his second one, but stay on track here). The fact that he actually has customers for this venture is terrific. The fact that he is here responding to customers and unique gadflies is terrific as well. Contracts falling apart are a business fact of life. I'm sure in the future he will only mention signed sealed and delivered contracts/features to eliminate a whole bunch of naïve questioning.

Finally, if you think 5 day flash sale is long, I refer you to the one shared provider selling last chance deals for 2 years and the other with the for a limited time only double bandwidth. or the ones with short holiday sales but still provisioning in Feb/March.

If you are an aggrieved customer from his past, these things are best resolved in private with a man to man conversation. Public arguments are rarely fruitful.

Just my 2 cents

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited March 2021

@SpearwareSucks said:
    It is the first on search for your name

You dont think people will search u?
    But I removed the link sorry

but everything else is fact

IT is just a warning for other people

@SpearwareSucks are you a customer? If not, I'd be willing to give you a few months free so that you can actually see we're providing a quality product with no plans to go anywhere. PM to discuss.

Thanked by 1SpearwareSucks
  • edited March 2021

deleted

• edited March 2021

i delete my posts and go to bed sorry pls delete ur quote with my post

@SpearwareSucks said:
    i delete my posts and go to bed sorry

Come on... That's all you've got? :(

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited March 2021

@SpearwareSucks said:
    I dont like these kids in their moms basements making up they are big companies with huge presence and deadpooling making customers lose money and have problems

It is just a warning and is a fair warning

@DataGizmos said:
    @SpearwareSucks With all due respect, he just started this company (yes its his second one, but stay on track here). The fact that he actually has customers for this venture is terrific. The fact that he is here responding to customers and unique gadflies is terrific as well. Contracts falling apart are a business fact of life. I'm sure in the future he will only mention signed sealed and delivered contracts/features to eliminate a whole bunch of naïve questioning.

Finally, if you think 5 day flash sale is long, I refer you to the one shared provider selling last chance deals for 2 years and the other with the for a limited time only double bandwidth. or the ones with short holiday sales but still provisioning in Feb/March.

If you are an aggrieved customer from his past, these things are best resolved in private with a man to man conversation. Public arguments are rarely fruitful.

Just my 2 cents

I'm not a kid in my mothers basement (I hate those providers also). Also Florida doesn't have basements :smile:. I haven't lived with my parents in years.

I'm not trying to pretend I'm larger than I am. Spearware Networks is myself, my wife, and one other business partner, you can see this by looking at SunBiz (http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=EntityName&directionType=Initial&searchNameOrder=SPEARWARENETWORKS L200002995490&aggregateId=flal-l20000299549-736ceee5-bd89-4980-b7f6-b14513d98bb0&searchTerm=spearware networks&listNameOrder=SPEARWARENETWORKS L170000818270). I own the hardware, have my own ASN, and am trying to do right by my customers so I can grow. Yes I might be a little cocky at times, but who isn't.

• @SpearwareSucks said:
    i delete my posts and go to bed sorry pls delete ur quote with my post

Not happening. Once you put something on the internet it's there forever.

• @SpearwareSucks said:
    I dont like these kids in their moms basements making up they are big companies with huge presence and deadpooling making customers lose money and have problems

It is just a warning and is a fair warning

History lesson from an old dude - Hewlett and Packard started in a shed, jobs and Wozniak (you do know them?) started in a garage. Not exactly moms basement but in Calif basements are hard to come by (pesky earthquakes and such).

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • btw No reason why I want you to delete my posts I thought it was better to remove the conversation and not continue to shit on you i respect the way u handled it and i am sorry for being a dick

Mayb I was too quick to judge because I keep seeing u talking crap in discord one thing then posting things here the opposite and its annoying

I can't change my username or delete it if i could i would

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited March 2021

@SpearwareSucks said:
    btw No reason why I want you to delete my posts I thought it was better to remove the conversation and not continue to shit on you i respect the way u handled it and i am sorry for being a dick

Mayb I was too quick to judge because I keep seeing u talking crap in discord one thing then posting things here the opposite and its annoying

I can't change my username or delete it if i could i would

You can change your username by going to https://support.lowendtalk.com/ and submitting a ticket. Also I didn't talk crap. My prior business partners weren't the best fit, and that's what I said on discord, however the way things were worded could've been better.

• on discord you say my offerings are less aggressive now far less rapid expansion

after u post 2 sale threads and an expansion thread

this is annoying for everyone and makes u look like a dumb kid in a basement

i asked to change my username to spearwareisok

ok

@SpearwareSucks said: this is annoying for everyone

How can you be so sure about that?

• Oh you two, get a room already.

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • @SpearwareSucks said:
    on discord you say my offerings are less aggressive now far less rapid expansion

ok

My sales threads are less aggressive. I'm not doing constant 50% off promos, also I'm not giving away the farm like in the past. Expansion thread was planning the future. I'm not adding any additional locations for at least 6 months.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited March 2021

@SWN_Michael said:

@SpearwareSucks said:
    on discord you say my offerings are less aggressive now far less rapid expansion

ok

My sales threads are less aggressive. I'm not doing constant 50% off promos, also I'm not giving away the farm like in the past. Expansion thread was planning the future. I'm not adding any additional locations for at least 6 months.

Thank you for your comment. Your chicken and hen has been doubled. Thank you for the knife. @its420somewhere

Edit: This is a hostloc reference for those of us, who browses using google translate.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

I hate Karen’s!

Thanked by 2DP mike1s
  • Unless she works for frantech!

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • @seriesn said:

Unless she works for frantech!

this is correct.

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited March 2021

Well that was an interesting thread de-railing. Back on topic now! If any customers would like to post a review or benchmark, that would be extremely appreciated. No perks for reviews as that would be wrong.

• @seriesn said:

@SWN_Michael said:

@SpearwareSucks said:

ok

Thank you for your comment. Your chicken and hen has been doubled. Thank you for the knife. @its420somewhere

Edit: This is a hostloc reference for those of us, who browses using google translate.

LOL!

That was probably another mjj coming here to lose face and bring shame to their mjj family.

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited March 2021

Lets not bash anyone here :)