Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it possible to remove historic domain data?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is it possible to remove historic domain data?

I want to remove the domain whois history for a domain I own from the website domaintools.com

Their support is not answering.

Any ideas what to do? Is that even legal? Their historic data caches all the changes. So if you want to move your whois protected domain to an other company you will need to remove the whois protection until the transfer is finished. During this time they will cache all the info for the temporally unprotected domain. Not what happened to me but can be a real problem to some users.

Comments

• It's public data. You can't stop someone from archiving it.

• Whatcha hiding?

• doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited September 2013

@jimaek said:
    I want to remove the domain whois history for a domain I own from the website domaintools.com

Their support is not answering.

Any ideas what to do? Is that even legal? Their historic data caches all the changes. So if you want to move your whois protected domain to an other company you will need to remove the whois protection until the transfer is finished. During this time they will cache all the info for the temporally unprotected domain. Not what happened to me but can be a real problem to some users.

You better call Saul

Thanked by 1skybucks100
  • You need to give them some $.

• @budi1413 said:
    You need to give them some $.

Pretty much this - this is how the archives make their money

• @WebSearchingPro said:
    Pretty much this - this is how the archives make their money

And then there will be an infinite amount of other sites that will be holding it. Basically once it's out there it's out there.

• No way to erase it reliably. Data that went into public domain, stays for good. There are just too many sites keeping archives of whois history to get rid of those data.

• @jimaek said:

The only way to re-write history is win the war

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited September 2013

@jimaek Nah, just let it be, don't waste time and money. Continue working on Your project, don't care about the previous WHOIS data.