Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BLACK FRIDAY REVIVAL ★ FIRST 15 BUYERS ★ 30% FOREVER DISCOUNT ★ 16 CORE DEDIS ★ DOUBLE RAM DOUBLE BW
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BLACK FRIDAY REVIVAL ★ FIRST 15 BUYERS ★ 30% FOREVER DISCOUNT ★ 16 CORE DEDIS ★ DOUBLE RAM DOUBLE BW

BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider
edited March 2021 in Offers

Reprise Hosting (AS62838) is a provider of best value hosting services. We provide straightforward honest service: robust hardware, a strong network and proven uptime/reliability. In our nearly 10 years of business, we have never increased our rates or hiked prices on our customers (excluding third party licenses -- we're looking at you cPanel). We are pleased to announce a revival of four special offers from our 2020 Black Friday website promo for the first 15 lucky buyers!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Tests, Performance, Reviews

Our BGP mix of NTT, Zayo, Telia, Hurricane Electric and direct peering over the Seattle Internet Exchange with Microsoft, Google, Amazon, IBM Cloud, Netflix, Akamai, Charter, T-Mobile, Telus, OVH, CloudFlare, Yahoo, Facebook, Twitter, Internap, Valve, Twitch, SK Broadband, SpaceX Starlink, Telekom Indonesia and many others enables us to offer dedicated servers with low ping times across the Pacific and the Atlantic:

Global ping test results provided by NTT and HE looking glass servers. These are optimal ping times. The routing and peering of your local ISP will determine your latency.

» Test IP for Ping / Traceroute:

» Speed Test:
http://test.reprisehosting.com/1000MB.test

[root@reprise ~]# speedtest -s 14232

Speedtest by Ookla

Server: Ziply Fiber - Seattle, WA (id = 14232)
        ISP: Reprise Hosting
    Latency:     4.47 ms   (0.13 ms jitter)
   Download:   934.99 Mbps (data used: 803.6 MB)
     Upload:   941.15 Mbps (data used: 751.4 MB)
Packet Loss:     0.0%
 Result URL: https://www.speedtest.net/result/c/90960d6f-7b32-4f7a-848b-6b28b6c0197a
[root@reprise ~]#

» Historical Uptime Stats (2013 to present):
https://siteuptime.com/prem_statistics.php?Id=8419&&UserId=999b921bf9047ad5e4cb319638b9179c&typemonitor=standart

» Public Reviews:

Active Promotions
» Use the promo code LETMAR2021 to receive a 30% permanent discount. Code expires after first 15 uses.

» Become a Reprise Reseller. Maintain three or more active dedicated servers on your account and receive a unique promo code to receive a 20% recurring discount on all future orders.

» Know someone interested in our servers? Sign up as a Reprise Hosting affiliate and earn a 10% recurring commission for as long as your referrals remain a customer!

RepriseZDED Special
» Intel Xeon L5640 Six Core CPU with hyperthreading (12 threads)
» 8GB Free upgrade to 16GB DDR3 RAM with LETMAR2021 promo code.
» 1TB HDD. Free swap to 240GB SSD upon request.
» IPMI included free of charge (remote reboot, console, OS reloads, etc).
» 10TB bandwidth Free upgrade to 20TB premium bandwidth with LETMAR2021 promo code.
» 150Mbps rate limit on a 1Gbps port. Free upgrade to 1Gbps port with LETMAR2021 promo code.
» 2 usable IPs (additional IPs available).

Only $39.95 $27.97 per month with LETMAR2021 code.
>> FREE Setup, Order Now <<

RepriseZZDED Special
» 2x Intel Xeon L5640 Six Core CPU with hyperthreading (12 cores, 24 threads)
» 16GB Free upgrade to 32GB DDR3 RAM with LETMAR2021 promo code.
» 10TB bandwidth Free upgrade to 20TB premium bandwidth with LETMAR2021 promo code.
» 150Mbps rate limit on a 1Gbps port. Free upgrade to 1Gbps port with LETMAR2021 promo code.
» 4 usable IPs (additional IPs available).

Only $49.95 $34.97 per month with LETMAR2021 code.

RepriseEDED Special
» Intel Xeon E5-2650L Eight Core CPU with hyperthreading (16 threads)
» 8GB Free upgrade to 16GB DDR3 RAM with LETMAR2021 promo code.

Only $44.95 $31.47 per month with LETMAR2021 code.

RepriseEEDED Special
» 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650L Eight Core CPU with hyperthreading (16 cores, 32 threads)
» 16GB Free upgrade to 32GB DDR3 RAM with LETMAR2021 promo code.

Only $54.95 $38.47 per month with LETMAR2021 code.

Optional Add-Ons
» Extra IPs: +$1.50 per IP per month
» Extra RAM: +$3.50 per 4GB per month
» Extra 1TB HDD: +$5.95 per month
» Extra 120GB SSD: +$5.95 per month
» Need a quote for a custom hardware config? Price match against a competitor? Open a sales ticket at https://www.reprisehosting.com/client/ and we'll reply the same business day.

SLAs and Guarantees
» 99.95% network uptime
» 100% power uptime
» 100% cooling uptime
» Same day server setup for orders submitted before 6PM Pacific Time, 7 days a week.

These offers are not available through our website, please use the order links above to sign up.

Frequently Asked Questions:

I applied the promo code, but my bandwidth and port speed didn't change. Will I receive the free upgrades?
Yes, you will still receive all of the free upgrades! We use WHMCS as our billing control panel and it has some limitations on what a single promo code can do, but rest assured that if you use the promo code you will receive all of the free upgrades listed above.

Can I customize my system to include more disk space/memory/bandwidth?
Yes! We can add more memory, secondary hard drives, RAID or increase your bandwidth allotment. Upgrade options are listed on our website or you may open a sales ticket at https://www.reprisehosting.com/client/ for a custom quote.

Do you price match?
Yes! We do price match comparable servers offered by our competitors. Please open a sales ticket at https://www.reprisehosting.com/client/ to get a price match quote.

Where is your datacenter?
Our equipment is located in the Westin Building Exchange of Seattle, WA, USA. The WBE is one of the largest telecommunications hubs in the world.

Test IP?

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

No IPv6 hall of shame

• GitHub
    • Google Cloud
    • Oracle Cloud
    • Outlook
    • MXroute
    • SparkPost
    • ColonCrossing - VirMach, RackNerd
    • XetHost
    • SoftShellWeb (San Jose only)
    • HostSolutions (unless you pay €69 sister setup fee)
    • IOFlood
    • KhanWebHost
    • Spearware Networks
    • Wishosting
    • Reprise Hosting
    • Limitless Hosting
    • HostWebis
    • Nexus Bytes (shared hosting only)

Include IPv6, by default, to get delisted.

Thanked by 2ariq01 coreflux
  • @yoursunny said:
    No IPv6 hall of shame

• GitHub
    • Google Cloud
    • Oracle Cloud
    • Outlook
    • MXroute
    • SparkPost
    • ColonCrossing - VirMach, RackNerd
    • XetHost
    • SoftShellWeb (San Jose only)
    • HostSolutions (unless you pay €69 sister setup fee)
    • IOFlood
    • KhanWebHost
    • Spearware Networks
    • Wishosting
    • Reprise Hosting
    • Limitless Hosting
    • HostWebis
    • Nexus Bytes (shared hosting only)

Include IPv6, by default, to get delisted.

Just wondering, this list order by what? 😄

• RouteIXRouteIX Member
    edited March 2021

@yoursunny said: No IPv6 hall of shame

it's quite sad... they have an allocation and all :(

https://bgpview.io/prefix/2607:d680::/32

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@yoursunny said:
    No IPv6 hall of shame

@youandri said:

@RouteIX said:
    it's quite sad... they have an allocation and all :(

You guys are giving me a good chuckle! The level of snarkiness is pretty entertaining :)

There is one simple reason for why we're not currently offering IPv6: our customers aren't demanding it. We are a business and we serve what our customers demand. It's really as simple as that.

Don't believe it? Well, just take a look at IPv6 traffic flows on the SIX:

https://www.seattleix.net/statistics/agg_ipv6.multiyear.png

IPv6 traffic as a percentage of total traffic has been in decline since 2018. It's the same situation with traffic flows on other major IXPs (take a look at the AMS-IX stats).

As @RouteIX noted, we've made preparations to support IPv6, part of our network already supports it and we have plans in place to roll it out fully across our network -- rapidly if needed. We just need the demand to be there.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

These statistics are insanely inaccurate, as it's hard to know the traffic of a website without statistics, and almost no one looks and saves if someone connects via ipv4 or ipv6. Personally, I have an ipv6 connection by default, and if not only then I'm connected via ipv4.

edited March 2021

Haha, there's nothing inaccurate about those statistics :) They're published right on the SIX website.

as it's hard to know the traffic of a website without statistics, and almost no one looks and saves if someone connects via ipv4 or ipv6.

My apologies, but I don't think you quite understand how IXPs work and the role they play moving packets around the Internet. The stats of large IXPs allow us to take a large sample size of Internet traffic and, among other things, learn what percentage of traffic flows over IPv4 and what percentage flows over IPv6. You don't need server logs to make those calculations -- in fact, it would be far more difficult to make those calculations on a large-scale with server logs.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@youandri said:

Date of admittance.

@BrianHarrison said:
    There is one simple reason for why we're not currently offering IPv6: our customers aren't demanding it.

Your potential customers are not choosing you because you don't offer IPv6. For example, MaxKVM has IPv6 in all their locations. If they decide to open a new location in Seattle, you are automatically disqualified.

@skorupion said:

These statistics are insanely inaccurate, as it's hard to know the traffic of a website without statistics, and almost no one looks and saves if someone connects via ipv4 or ipv6. Personally, I have an ipv6 connection by default, and if not only then I'm connected via ipv4.

True. Nowadays most cellular phones have IPv6 by default. They could connect to IPv4 but it's slower and consumes more power.

Thanked by 1ariq01

@BrianHarrison said: They're published right on the SIX website.

What's your point that they are published on the SIX website...
    Do you understand that to get accurate ipv6 statistics would be to combine the biggest websites with ipv6 statistics, and then get a real look... Sites like google etc...

Wiki:

Google only provides AAAA records for fully qualified hostnames, e.g. www.google.com.
    www.google.com has an IPv6 address. google.com does not. The same applies to Gmail.

But still, those stats wouldn't be accurate either...

• LeviLevi Member

Website without https (even redirects out of https to http). Avoid at all costs.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@BrianHarrison said: We just need the demand

You'll know and will probably get it when you send out a survey to all your customers asking if you should start adopting IPv6 :D

edited March 2021

@skorupion said:

@BrianHarrison said: They're published right on the SIX website.

What's your point that they are published on the SIX website...
    Do you understand that to get accurate ipv6 statistics would be to combine the biggest websites with ipv6 statistics, and then get a real look... Sites like google etc...

Wiki:

Google only provides AAAA records for fully qualified hostnames, e.g. www.google.com.
    www.google.com has an IPv6 address. google.com does not. The same applies to Gmail.

But still, those stats wouldn't be accurate either...

My point is simple: IXPs offer us a representative sample of IPv4 and IPv6 traffic statistics across the web. IPv6 traffic as a share of total traffic has been in decline since 2018. This supports my primary assertion that we are simply not seeing massive IPv6 demand from our customers.

edited March 2021

@LTniger said:
    Website without https (even redirects out of https to http). Avoid at all costs.

Our website and billing system both run HTTPS. I'm not seeing any redirects out of HTTPS. However, if you've found a redirect then you are more than welcome to kindly bring it to our attention and we'll have it corrected.

@thedp said: You'll know and will probably get it when you send out a survey to all your customers asking if you should start adopting IPv6

Just do this and see how much demand will be instantly generated.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
    edited March 2021

@yoursunny said:
    Your potential customers are not choosing you because you don't offer IPv6. For example, MaxKVM has IPv6 in all their locations. If they decide to open a new location in Seattle, you are automatically disqualified.

In the end, it's a simple cost benefit analysis -- the basis of any sound business decision. If it costs X number of dollars to roll out IPv6, then we ought to see an appropriate expected return. For our company, the math just doesn't work out right now.

That isn't to say that it won't change. It definitely will change. I hope it does so in the near future -- we're ready for it.

• This "our customers don't need it so why should we offer it" mentality is exactly why IPv6 will not reach full adoption.

I've seen providers offer IPv6 on a ticket basis and that's okay, not having any option is the real letdown.

The deals are great, but this "stuck in the present" line of thinking is whack.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
    edited March 2021

@jmgcaguicla said:
    This "our customers don't need it so why should we offer it" mentality is exactly why IPv6 will not reach full adoption.

I think we're all beating a dead horse at this point. However, I do want to address the sentiment that you've expressed: that smaller budget providers like ourselves are to blame for slow IPv6 adoption.

I respect your opinion, but I couldn't disagree more. We would love it if IPv6 supplanted IPv4. Why? Because it would be much easier for smaller providers like ourselves to compete against larger hosts in an environment of IPv4 exhaustion. We're not "stuck in the present". We've made concrete IPv6 preparations and, as I mentioned above, part of our network already supports it. We're ready to pull the trigger on a network-wide roll-out as soon as it makes business sense. The demand has to come first.

• DataGizmosDataGizmos Member
    edited March 2021

@skorupion all of his dedi's are over $10/mo. So they are out of your price range anyway. So I doubt he can make you a customer

• @BrianHarrison said:
    We've made concrete IPv6 preparations and, as I mentioned above, part of our network already supports it. We're ready to pull the trigger on a network-wide roll-out as soon as it makes business sense. The demand has to come first.

If you have it already prepared, then what's the difference of pulling the trigger now vs when the demand comes?

I do admit that I do not fully understand the required logistics behind changes like these for a hosting company other than "just get it done" but it doesn't help when you're saying you're ready for it over and over but don't do it because of lack of demand.

• @jmgcaguicla I've always been able to get IPv4 on reasonably priced servers. It's never been lacking (sure its occasionally not available or impedes growth of cheap mismanaged let providers), but out in the internet wild- its available without issue. Hence, why the quest for IPv6 like its the holy grail?

• @DataGizmos said:
    @jmgcaguicla I've always been able to get IPv4 on reasonably priced servers. It's never been lacking (sure its occasionally not available or impedes growth of cheap mismanaged let providers), but out in the internet wild- its available without issue. Hence, why the quest for IPv6 like its the holy grail?

Because NAT is cringe

• and NAT is a self inflicted choice. Can always get more IPv4 currently

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Let's not mess the man's offer thread. It's his business, his infra, and how he wants it to be, it's his decision.

@BrianHarrison - But I believe my suggestion is something for you to consider - then you might know if there's a demand or not.

Thanked by 1BrianHarrison

@DataGizmos said: @skorupion all of his dedi's are over $10/mo. So they are out of your price range anyway. So I doubt he can make you a customer

Ayy now people will always take me as a cheap person finally!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @DataGizmos said:
    and NAT is a self inflicted choice. Can always get more IPv4 currently

"just" get more

Must be nice living in dreamland where everybody and their mother isn't idling an IPv4 prefix

@DataGizmos said:
    and NAT is a self inflicted choice. Can always get more IPv4 currently

That's actually a valid reason why IPv6 adoption has been so slow: users aren't demanding it because existing IPv4 supplies have been satisfying their needs. One day that will change, but for now the critical mass of demand is lacking.

• jtkjtk Member

@BrianHarrison said:
    There is one simple reason for why we're not currently offering IPv6: our customers aren't demanding it. We are a business and we serve what our customers demand. It's really as simple as that.

I have asked multiple times. I'm happy to send you a ticket number for your reference, but maybe I am the only one? I get that you are not motivated to provide it and I don't absolutely need it, but know there is at one customer that thinks it would be nice if you had it. :-)

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@jtk said:
    I have asked multiple times. I'm happy to send you a ticket number for your reference, but maybe I am the only one? I get that you are not motivated to provide it and I don't absolutely need it, but know there is at one customer that thinks it would be nice if you had it. :-)

First of all, thank you for your business -- we truly appreciate it!

Yeah, you are one of the few. Of the hundreds of inquiries we've replied to thus far in 2021, only four people have inquired about IPv6. And of those four, it was only a hard requirement for two of them -- for the other two it was just a 'nice to have' and they signed up anyway. We have regular conversations with our largest resellers and they're all on a similar page.

But don't lose hope! We will roll-out IPv6 network-wide -- part of our network already supports it. Keep in mind that I can't guarantee this date, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens by July-August when we're scheduled to evaluate and potentially retire a good portion of our internal switching gear.

Thanked by 2jtk yoursunny
  • jtkjtk Member

@BrianHarrison said:
    IPv6 traffic as a percentage of total traffic has been in decline since 2018. It's the same situation with traffic flows on other major IXPs (take a look at the AMS-IX stats).

This may be the case from one viewpoint, but there is plenty of evidence to show the opposite, e.g. Google. It may depend on where you look. In addition, eyeball and content networks with native IPv6 will often see a lot of IPv6 traffic, and that may not cross the IX. This is not just because IPv6 is available, but also because of the Happy Eyeballs address selection algorithm is at work. In a nutshell, given an A and AAAA answer, a working and responsive AAAA destination will tend to get the traffic.

This is not to convince you to deploy IPv6, just some additional food for thought. I am a happy customer by the way. I have found that provide a good service for a good price, lack of IPv6 not withstanding.

Thanked by 1BrianHarrison
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited March 2021

@jtk said: This may be the case from one viewpoint, but there is plenty of evidence to show the opposite, e.g. Google.

Facebook have similar data: https://www.facebook.com/ipv6/. In some countries, Facebook has more traffic over IPv6 than IPv4 (for example, in the USA, 60% of Facebook's traffic is over IPv6).

AFAIK this is primarily driven by mobile carriers. For example, T-mobile's network is nearly entirely IPv6 - Something like 94% of their traffic is IPv6-only, the only exception being things like extremely old devices that don't support IPv6, and edge cases like roaming (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6oBCYHzrTA around 7:24). They use 464XLAT to reach legacy IPv4-only servers. If you have an IPv4-only site, T-mobile customers experience extra overhead and latency due to 464XLAT and NAT.

Many other mobile carriers are doing the same - CGNAT is extremely rare in the USA, with carriers instead preferring to use IPv6. Overall 87% of devices on US mobile carriers, and 72% of Comcast customers, have IPv6 connectivity (https://www.worldipv6launch.org/measurements/ ).

Thanked by 3jtk ariq01 yoursunny
    edited March 2021

@Daniel15 said:

@jtk said: This may be the case from one viewpoint, but there is plenty of evidence to show the opposite, e.g. Google.

Facebook have similar data: https://www.facebook.com/ipv6/. In some countries, Facebook has more traffic over IPv6 than IPv4 (for example, in the USA, 60% of Facebook's traffic is over IPv6)... AFAIK this is primarily driven by mobile carriers. For example, T-mobile's network is nearly entirely IPv6

However, you should note that Google, Facebook and T-Mobile are all participants on the SIX, AMS-IX and other IXPs. Their IPv6 traffic flows are all represented in the SIX traffic stats that I shared earlier. Furthermore, they are three of the largest participants on the SIX -- all three of them have their own dual 100G uplinks to the SIX and advertise their routes publicly over the route servers. So despite the fact that IPv6 usage is so high on Facebook and that T-Mobile traffic is nearly all IPv6 -- IPv6 traffic as a percentage of total traffic has still been in decline since 2018. It's currently sitting at ~4.39% -- the highest it has ever been was ~12% back in 2018.

To be clear, I'm not against IPv6 and it's adoption :) I'm merely pointing out data that shows IPv6 demand is weaker than you might think.

Thanked by 1TimboJones