Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ramnode alternative?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ramnode alternative?

my plan is: KVM 2gb/2cores/65gb ssd/3tb bw

location: anything inside USA, it must be a well known company (not summer hosts)

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

Why the rush to leave Ramnode? Due to the recent announcement? If you are happy with their service then why not wait and see how it goes, if they give you a reason to leave then fair enough but I doubt anything is going to change soon.

• not in a rush, but simply exploring the market just in case

• TejyTejy Member
    edited March 2021

Go for Contabo! ;)

Thanked by 1skorupion
  • edited March 2021

@hotlineservers has some good deals with some sexay Ryzens
    And there are others like @DataIdeas-Josh and @seriesn that have an awesome value:price ratio as well

• I will stay with Ramnode if the service got extremely worst will switch to BuyVM

• lpnlpn Member
    edited March 2021

Don't want to open another thread, but I have the same question for shared hosting in NL or DE, ideally with cPanel as I need to move couple of sites to a new host. Need 5 GB disk space, the ability to host 3 domains.

• @gapper said:

location: anything inside USA, it must be a well known company (not summer hosts)

We did start 5 summers ago :).
    https://nexusbytes.com

• @lpn said:
    Don't want to open another thread, but I have the same question for shared hosting in NL or DE, ideally with cPanel as I need to move couple of sites to a new host. Need 5 GB disk space, the ability to host 3 domains.

We got DE BOSS :).

No cpanel but migration is super simple and w will gladly take care of it for you :)

• @seriesn said:

@gapper said:

We did start 5 summers ago :).
    https://nexusbytes.com

I know what you did last summer.

• lpnlpn Member

@seriesn said:

@lpn said:

No cpanel but migration is super simple and w will gladly take care of it for you :)

Saw your thread for the Switchers Special for VPS. Your prices for shared hosting are good indeed, but to follow the good LET tradition I should ask whether there are any deals for shared hosting :smile:

• @lpn said:

@seriesn said:

@lpn said:

Saw your thread for the Switchers Special for VPS. Your prices for shared hosting are good indeed, but to follow the good LET tradition I should ask whether there are any deals for shared hosting :smile:

Ahha! Thank you for the interest. We have continued to move away from promo business in favor of a healthy and steady one :).

Promos are occasionally available and usually foe a limited time and qty. Looks like you might have missed out on our recent promo :(.

However since you are making a switch, our good old switcher special would definitely make things sweet :)

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@gapper said:

Hello,

Please do give us a try :) we do have snapshots and GUI firewall as well. We're also going to roll out our detachable volumes soon.

• I'll also be staying with Ramnode for a while. I too thought about alternative, but if Nick and Ramnode's support team remains the same and thus the performance, then no need to swap with another host!

Thanked by 2Nick_A nessa
  • xetsysxetsys Member
    edited March 2021

BuyVM. There isn't anything that offers the same value. Almost unreal

• nessanessa Member, Patron Provider

@JasonM said:
    I'll also be staying with Ramnode for a while. I too thought about alternative, but if Nick and Ramnode's support team remains the same and thus the performance, then no need to swap with another host!

Thanks for your continued business :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@seriesn said: Ahha! Thank you for the interest. We have continued to move away from promo business in favor of a healthy and steady one .

• @raindog308 said:

@seriesn said: Ahha! Thank you for the interest. We have continued to move away from promo business in favor of a healthy and steady one .

• hope the prices don't increase .

• gappergapper Member
    edited March 2021

@seriesn when trying to order your premium VPS-1G it asks me for OS... lets say I choose centos then do it means that it will come preinstalled? i dont want that, i want to make my own minimal install, in ramnode i choose the OS and then an integrated sort of vnc via web allows me to proceed with the installation myself, how does it work in your case?

oh and also, two questions please: 1) is there a coupon to get the price of $4/mo lower but paying monthly? 2) what are the server specs i.e. which Ryzen processor and which NVMe drives

also your regular vps is xeon 3.5ghz and your premium vps is ryzen 3.5ghz too... so i guess they perform almost the same right? whats up then i mean whats the difference strictly speaking about the processor?

• Hi there,

@gapper said: @seriesn when trying to order your premium VPS-1G it asks me for OS... lets say I choose centos then do it means that it will come preinstalled? i dont want that, i want to make my own minimal install, in ramnode i choose the OS and then an integrated sort of vnc via web allows me to proceed with the installation myself, how does it work in your case?

That would be for simple, 1 click OS installation. If you want to install using ISO or custom ISO, both are available :)

oh and also, two questions please: 1) is there a coupon to get the price of $4/mo lower but paying monthly?

Negative sir. No coupons. From time to time, we offer super limited promos, but if you notice my post history, promos and discounts are getting rare. We have developed our plans to be cost efficient with SRP instead of running gimmicky 80%/50% sale years around :). We would rather be steady and healthy :).

2) what are the server specs i.e. which Ryzen processor and which NVMe drives.

• MIX of 3700x/3900x/3950x (whatever we were able to find on stock at the time of server build as HW is scarce)
    • Mix of Samsung 970 EVO Plus/EX950/Sabrent (whatever we were able to find on stock at the time of server build as HW is scarce)

also your regular vps is xeon 3.5ghz and your premium vps is ryzen 3.5ghz too... so i guess they perform almost the same right? whats up then i mean whats the difference strictly speaking about the processor?

If you notice the plans, cpu allocations are bit different. So are fair share policy :). Expected cpu usage standard is defined here: https://my.nexusbytes.com/knowledgebase/3/Nexus-Bytes-LLC-Terms-of-Service.html and we are one of the few who actually outlines the expectation instead of just throwing arbitrary fair share clause.

Thanked by 1gapper