Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fast SSD VPS Hosting | Windows | Snapshots | Anti DDoS | UK/USA/France/Finland/Germany from £0.92/m - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fast SSD VPS Hosting | Windows | Snapshots | Anti DDoS | UK/USA/France/Finland/Germany from £0.92/m

Comments

• @starservices said:

@kalimov622 said:

@starservices said: Thank you for the feedback, regarding downtime we have had with node02 people should of received an email now explaining how we going to get a new node to replace it.

The question is: why did it take you nearly half a year to investigate that? That node has been a roller coaster for many months with ridiculous downtimes of nearly 24 hours in one go.
    Also, are you going to compensate at all those who experienced these downtimes?

To be fair it hasn't been an issue for half a year, a long time yes the pass 3 months its started getting issues. Regarding compensation I want to sort all that out on after the migration process, however I will be changing the ToS for those with special offers with me as some people are literally crying over pennies and I got other priorities.

I got paid monthly customers that just want stability then I got customers that pay me £22 a year for a 4GB RAM VPS that want my blood for compensation.

I have a very simple solution for you then: don't do any special offers or any other offer that is unsustainable for your business.

You have been posting these yearly deals dozens of times here in LET and now you're telling them they are crying over pennies and that you have other priorities?

@starservices said: I got paid monthly customers that just want stability then I got customers that pay me £22 a year for a 4GB RAM VPS that want my blood for compensation.

Pretty sure that's exactly what all your customers want, right? People are complaining in your threads because of downtime, bad support and not receiving their promised refunds.

I couldn't find any £22 yearly plans with 4GB RAM but this is irrelevant anyway, the point is if you only want paid monthly customers then don't advertise the cheaper plans here and complain about it later and if you do then be professional about it and don't give them the middle finger saying they are less important than those paying regular prices.

• @kalimov622 said:

@starservices said:

@kalimov622 said:

@starservices said: Thank you for the feedback, regarding downtime we have had with node02 people should of received an email now explaining how we going to get a new node to replace it.

The question is: why did it take you nearly half a year to investigate that? That node has been a roller coaster for many months with ridiculous downtimes of nearly 24 hours in one go.
    Also, are you going to compensate at all those who experienced these downtimes?

To be fair it hasn't been an issue for half a year, a long time yes the pass 3 months its started getting issues. Regarding compensation I want to sort all that out on after the migration process, however I will be changing the ToS for those with special offers with me as some people are literally crying over pennies and I got other priorities.

I got paid monthly customers that just want stability then I got customers that pay me £22 a year for a 4GB RAM VPS that want my blood for compensation.

I have a very simple solution for you then: don't do any special offers or any other offer that is unsustainable for your business.

You have been posting these yearly deals dozens of times here in LET and now you're telling them they are crying over pennies and that you have other priorities?

@starservices said: I got paid monthly customers that just want stability then I got customers that pay me £22 a year for a 4GB RAM VPS that want my blood for compensation.

Pretty sure that's exactly what all your customers want, right? People are complaining in your threads because of downtime, bad support and not receiving their promised refunds.

I couldn't find any £22 yearly plans with 4GB RAM but this is irrelevant anyway, the point is if you only want paid monthly customers then don't advertise the cheaper plans here and complain about it later and if you do then be professional about it and don't give them the middle finger saying they are less important than those paying regular prices.

I did not mean it like about more expensive customers are more important. Am simply saying their is customers paying more that just want to resolve stability first, it is annoying when you got a node down and you got a customer arguing with you that they want their 0.27p now!

@lovelyserver said:
    @starservices why do you charge money for cancelled services?

Also, when do you give the money back for those admin services? More than a month opened ticket, direct messages here...

PayPal dispute is the next step.

I am not in control of your PayPal subscriptions only you can cancel them from your account, I assume your the guy the opened a ticket this morning.

Happy to refund you back and I answer your ticket when I have.

• I mean, LE UK VPS is still a UK VPS, right? But instead you gave me a US VPS, I felt like you were selling a fake product. So I requested a cancellation and you agree to cancel it. My server was cancelled within 24 hrs, so I hope I can get my refund. If you see this please reply ticket #541752.

• where is £22 4GB VPS?

• @starservices Did you delete my ticket?

• Received an hour ago. Termination Notice: Own Web

With deep regret I hate to inform you that Own Web will no longer be offering VPS services within Germany, USA, Finland and France as from 24th of March 2021. We will also be closing down our Get Web Hosting range and Lowend VPS range on this date including UK locations, I understand loads of you will be angry about this decision. However, it has no longer become viable for myself and unfair that I am unable to always support you, any UK based managed services or packages from Own Web or Powerful Box will not be affected by this as alternative arrangement has been made.

Please if you are affected by this, please backup all your data from your VPS by the 24th of March to avoid any data lose. I do deeply regret this decision and understand I am letting loads of you down but I can no longer give the support that’s required due the number of customers I have to deal with, I have also been running at a lose for the last half year. I also urge anyone with these services that have PayPal subscriptions with us to login to their PayPal account and cancel them now, unfortunately only you can cancel these subscriptions and can not be cancelled from our side.

I would also like to take this opportunity to apologise to you all for this decision but I could not see no other option to get out the hole I am in and to deliver the support for your services you all deserve. I will also like to Thank you all for the experience of the last 3 years as it has literally been swat, blood and tears I also had a lot of laughs and smiles in there as well.

I wish you all the very best of luck wherever you go and hope finding a new reliable home does not cause much trouble for you.

Kindest Regards,

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited March 2021

@hkhan03 said:
    Received an hour ago. Termination Notice: Own Web

With deep regret I hate to inform you that Own Web will no longer be offering VPS services within Germany, USA, Finland and France as from 24th of March 2021. We will also be closing down our Get Web Hosting range and Lowend VPS range on this date including UK locations, I understand loads of you will be angry about this decision. However, it has no longer become viable for myself and unfair that I am unable to always support you, any UK based managed services or packages from Own Web or Powerful Box will not be affected by this as alternative arrangement has been made.

Please if you are affected by this, please backup all your data from your VPS by the 24th of March to avoid any data lose. I do deeply regret this decision and understand I am letting loads of you down but I can no longer give the support that’s required due the number of customers I have to deal with, I have also been running at a lose for the last half year. I also urge anyone with these services that have PayPal subscriptions with us to login to their PayPal account and cancel them now, unfortunately only you can cancel these subscriptions and can not be cancelled from our side.

I would also like to take this opportunity to apologise to you all for this decision but I could not see no other option to get out the hole I am in and to deliver the support for your services you all deserve. I will also like to Thank you all for the experience of the last 3 years as it has literally been swat, blood and tears I also had a lot of laughs and smiles in there as well.

I wish you all the very best of luck wherever you go and hope finding a new reliable home does not cause much trouble for you.

Kindest Regards,

Ouch. Sad times.

It anyone looking for refugee deals, come join the Nexus Bytes Family <3

https://my.nexusbytes.com/knowledgebase/31/Switcher-Special-and-Contract-Buy-Out-Guidelines.html

• sound like hostdoc

• opshkopshk Member

Will refund be available? He didn't mention about that.

• hkhan03hkhan03 Member
    edited March 2021

@opshk said:
    Will refund be available? He didn't mention about that.

Yes, nothing mentioned about refunds, better open a ticket
    Very Sad & Disappointing. Last month, BudgetNode terminated my UK based VPS without notice, said they can't provide UK based services & now not answering ticket about refund. Now Own Web terminating services :(

• @starservices
    is sad time again :'( all my services will terminate on 24 March.

any arrangement with the services refund?

• Yep, I got the email too. No big deal for me, I can switch over to another host I have idling. I'm considering the Nexus Bytes offer. Thanks @seriesn.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • Disappointing as it was a good provider at the start. But I think they tried to expand too quickly into too many things and I'm not sure they had the support staff (if it was anyone more than Rob), to allow for that.

Hopefully they are able to sort out something with current customers in terms of refunds.

• swat4swat4 Member

@sandanista said:
    Yep, I got the email too. No big deal for me, I can switch over to another host I have idling. I'm considering the Nexus Bytes offer. Thanks @seriesn.

:+1: Go for it. You won't regret.
    @seriesn is one of the few providers that I won't worry about when making a purchase. You will know you will have a vps that is always online and working within expectation.

• miumiu Member

Congrat, mission complete, that classic: Now you have enough money from fools who prepaid service for year or more (but of course u have prepaid servers only for next month always), so you can let their money and close doors, right moment. And begin the same under new name and identity around. HostDoc must be proud on you, you have repeated his art.

• I can't say I am surprised by this outcome, however, there is not a single word mentioning refunds in your termination notice @starservices. Why is that? There also seem to be people that haven't received their refunds for the cancelled directadmin licenses still.

• miumiu Member

@kalimov622 said:
    I can't say I am surprised by this outcome, however, there is not a single word mentioning refunds in your termination notice @starservices. Why is that? There also seem to be people that haven't received their refunds for the cancelled directadmin licenses still.

It's one now. HostDoc scammer did mention and had promised that will refund but of course did nothing, only was gone. The same here, he can promise u refund, but probably it will be only empty words. never fulfilled

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • miumiu Member
    edited March 2021

:star: StarServices...... I will rather pay 1 or $2 monthly more for real providers mentioned in my sign, than resolve regularly such useless troubles, be disappointed, frustrated, and wasting useless time, money and health/nerves

• I can smell the drama already :)

• miumiu Member

@elliotc said:
    I can smell the drama already :)

I think this is more suitable for cry than laugh. What is funny on such doing?

• @miu said:

@elliotc said:
    I can smell the drama already :)

I think this is more suitable for cry than laugh. What is funny on such doing?

I learned laugh at every situation in the past two year. I need a blue smiles emoji.

• @sandanista said:
    Yep, I got the email too. No big deal for me, I can switch over to another host I have idling. I'm considering the Nexus Bytes offer. Thanks @seriesn.

We are happy to help :). If you have a backup or access to the service, please drop a note and we will take care of the migration asap <3. Complete white glove service :)

@swat4 said:

@sandanista said:

:+1: Go for it. You won't regret.
    @seriesn is one of the few providers that I won't worry about when making a purchase. You will know you will have a vps that is always online and working within expectation.

<3 Thanks for the kind words boss <3

Thanked by 1sandanista
  • The takeaway is that you should try offer a service that is sustainably priced instead of chasing the lowest price and then deadpooling.

• @stevewatson301 said:
    The takeaway is that you should try offer a service that is sustainably priced instead of chasing the lowest price and then deadpooling.

I mean, that's not always the case and there are many providers who are even cheaper than this one and they're in business for years. They do offer special promos from time to time though and not all the time as this provider has been doing for quite a while now.

@starservices seems to actively read the forums but hasn't made any comments yet and although I am fully against chargebacks and disputes, those of you who recently purchased some yearly plan you might have to consider that at some point.

• lol it was funny after my comment above about stability.

@starservices do you offer any compensation?

• coldcold Member

.FR location went already offline ?my box is down

• coldcold Member

@govac8 said:
    lol it was funny after my comment above about stability.

I've opened a ticket and asked about, but no answer yet, if I won't get an answer in the next 24 hours I will open a dispute with PayPal

Thanked by 2govac8 PhantomPain
  • @cold said: I've opened a ticket and asked about, but no answer yet, if I won't get an answer in the next 24 hours I will open a dispute with PayPal

Please let us (or me) know if you will receive any reply. If you can of course

• @cold said:

@govac8 said:
    lol it was funny after my comment above about stability.

I've opened a ticket and asked about, but no answer yet, if I won't get an answer in the next 24 hours I will open a dispute with PayPal

Same here