Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QuickPacket Xeon E3 Overstock Sale - E3/16GB RAM/1TB HD or 500GB SSD/50TB Transfer - just $30/month!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QuickPacket Xeon E3 Overstock Sale - E3/16GB RAM/1TB HD or 500GB SSD/50TB Transfer - just $30/month!

qpsqps Member, Host Rep
edited February 2021 in Offers

QuickPacket™ is pleased to offer premium dedicated servers with high-quality, major brand hardware backed by a 100% uptime guarantee.

Why Choose QuickPacket™?
- Founded in 2003; registered NC Limited Liability Company.
- We are not resellers - we own all of our server hardware.
- We operate our own fully-redundant network and have IP addresses directly from ARIN.
- Data center staffed 24x7 by on-site technicians.
- We keep spare parts on-site for hardware replacement.
- We have flexible month-to-month terms that do not require a long-term commitment.
- We provide a private VLAN on every server.

===================DEDICATED=SERVERS===================

WOW - HUGE SAVINGS!

***** ASK US ABOUT ADDITIONAL IP ADDRESSES - WE HAVE /24, 2x /25, 4x /26, OR 8x /27 IN STOCK *****

SuperMicro - Intel Xeon E3 v1/v2/v3
- Xeon E3-12xx v1/v2/v3 with 8MB Cache and HyperThreading
- 16GB RAM standard (upgrade to 32GB +$20)
- 1TB Hard Drive or 500GB SSD
- 5 IP Addresses on Private VLAN with Reverse DNS
- Dedicated KVM over IP / IPMI
- 50TB Bandwidth / 1 Gbps Port
- Unmanaged
- Located in Charlotte, NC (US East Coast - 5ms to Atlanta, 8ms to Ashburn, 13ms to NYC, 19ms to Miami)

SAVE $19.99 - $30 per month!
Click here to order now!

Terms of Service - includes Acceptable Use Policy and Service Level Agreement

Note: All add-ons (network upgrades, hardware and software pricing) are listed on the order form. If something is not listed on the order form, please contact us for pricing.

***** ASK US ABOUT ADDITIONAL IP ADDRESSES - WE HAVE /24, 2x /25, 4x /26, OR 8x /27 IN STOCK *****

Charlotte Facility Information:
- Located in 125 N Myers St in Charlotte, NC.
- UPS and Generator backup power.
- Network providers include GTT and Cogent.
- Looking Glass / Test Files: http://lg.clt01.quickpacket.com

Technical Support:
- Push button reboots are provided for no charge.
- Faulty hardware replacement is included on dedicated servers.
- Dedicated servers are unmanaged. Advanced technical support is available for $100 per hour.

Acceptable Use Information:
- Warez-related, Bulk Mail, and Spam-related activities are strictly forbidden.
- CAN-SPAM, Copyright, DMCA, and other related US laws must be strictly followed.
- Legal adult content is allowed.
- Please review our Terms of Service, which includes Acceptable Use Policy and Service Level Agreement, for more information.

Ordering Information:
- We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Alipay, Bitcoin and PayPal for payment.
- Please contact us with questions prior to ordering.
- Orders will typically be processed within one business day after verification.
- Promotional pricing is available for new customers or existing customers adding additional servers.
- Due to the low pricing of this offer, we cannot honor requests for specific CPU specifications.

Thank you for your interest! We look forward to serving you!

Thanked by 3Foul Crab LogicX

Comments

• Can you do the same in LA?

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@aiden1 said: Can you do the same in LA?

No, this pricing is for Charlotte only.

Thanked by 1Foul

A few commonly asked questions:

We allow customers to bring their own IPs with an appropriate LOA. Also, we can provide IPv4/IPv6 BGP sessions. Our Terms of Service still must be followed even if you bring your own IPs.

Thanked by 1Foul

As stated in the original post, due to the low pricing of this offer, we cannot honor requests for specific CPU specifications.

Thanks for all of the orders so far.

Let's spice this up a little. For the next few orders, we will assign you one of the following upgrades for as long as you keep the server. After the order, you must open a ticket with the sales department and post your ticket number in this thread to claim your upgrade. This only applies to new orders.

Upgrade A: Receive a free upgrade from 1TB hard drive to 2TB hard drive in the first drive bay.

Upgrade B: Receive a free bonus 1TB HD in the second drive bay.

These upgrades are available for new orders placed after February 25, 2021 only and the upgrade offer is only available for a limited time.

• @qps said: Thanks for all of the orders so far.

Let's spice this up a little. For the next few orders, we will assign you one of the following upgrades for as long as you keep the server. After the order, you must open a ticket with the sales department and post your ticket number in this thread to claim your upgrade. This only applies to new orders.

Upgrade A: Receive a free upgrade from 1TB hard drive to 2TB hard drive in the first drive bay.

These upgrades are available for new orders placed after February 25, 2021 only and the upgrade offer is only available for a limited time.

How about an additional 500G SSD? :D

• @qps said:

Ah, I placed an order on the 24th. Would you be able to consider me in?

@levnode said: How about an additional 500G SSD?

You can order one on the order form, but it's not free.

@blusmurf said: Ah, I placed an order on the 24th. Would you be able to consider me in?

Thanks for the order. If you are enjoying the first server, maybe you need a second one and can take advantage of the promo on the second order!

• Thats some weird "100% uptime guarantee" you got there bud.

In your terms downtime only counts if: "If the network is unavailable for more than 15 consecutive minutes".

Meaning it can be down 14 minutes, comes back up for 5 minutes, goes back down etc and your ass is covered.

Additionally even 14minutes outage in a month means 0.03%. And 100% - 0.03% is actually less than 100% that you "guarantee". But this can happen multiple times per day (requirement is "consecutive" 15 min downtimes) and it will not be enough for customer to complain about uptime, even tho you market it as 100% uptime guarantee.

Can I get explanation on this logic/math please?

Just call it what it is, instead of falsely marketing it. You dont guarantee 100% uptime and you dont stand behind your marketing.

Thanked by 2TimboJones yoursunny

@drizbo said: Thats some weird "100% uptime guarantee" you got there bud.

Our services are very reliable. This is our standard for service credits if an outage occurs. If it doesn't work for you, I understand.

• We just have different "opinions" what 100% means then. 100% in math means "whole" for you means "whole, or a bit less".

I just didnt know math can have opinionated answers. In best case you guarantee 99.97% uptime and that is only if outage would have happened once. I can have multiple outages less at 5-10 minutes bringing uptime to way lower than that, yet in your head that is still 100% uptime guarantee

@drizbo said: We just have different "opinions" what 100% means then.

It is 100% uptime if we don't have an outage (which is the case most of the time). We very clearly define our obligation for credits if there is an outage. This is the policy we've operated with for many years.

However, I can't think of a time where we have denied a reasonable request for credit for an outage even if it was something outside of our control - such as an upstream vendor's problem - and generally we have been more generous with credits than the SLA requires.

• @qps said:

It is 100% uptime if we don't have an outage (which is the case most of the time). We very clearly define our obligation for credits if there is an outage. This is the policy we've operated with for many years.

However, I can't think of a time where we have denied a reasonable request for credit for an outage even if it was something outside of our control - such as an upstream vendor's problem - and generally we have been more generous with credits than the SLA requires.

Can I get $35 for LAX?

@joekerr said: Can I get $35 for LAX?

This offer is for Charlotte only.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited February 2021

@qps said:

Right. But he's pointing out that using 15 consecutive minutes as your gating factor means your "guarantee" is worthless as you can easily having a flapping problem less than 15 minutes, have a shitty connection and still not trip your SLA.

If UptimeRobot told me there was 3 x 10 minute outages , I'd consider this not to be 100% uptime and I don't think others would, either. So you're cherry picking.

Tl;dr So you can say you have SLA and clearly state the requirements, just not falsely claim 100% uptime. Your measurement method disqualifies you from making such a claim.

@TimboJones

I appreciate your viewpoint but dispute that our guarantee is worthless.

Consider that our dedicated server services are all month to month. That means we have to earn our customers' continued business every month. If we had recurring problems just under the SLA threshold that we didn't fix promptly, the customers would leave and we would have trouble staying in business. We have been around since 2003. We wouldn't still be here if we didn't strive to provide an excellent level of service for our customers.

If you have further questions or want to discuss further, I am happy to do so. DM me here, user qps#3433 on Discord, user QuickPacket on Skype, or if you have another method in mind, let me know.

• @qps said:

Hi, I've opened ticket #885797. Hoping I can score a free bonus drive.

• I would side with @qps here, on the debate @drizbo and @TimboJones - these sorts of terms are typical in business/enterprise. If it's really a stickler, you may translate your dismay into reasonable requests for changes to your terms with the company to start the negotiation - that's typically how those changes work.

@Haiiku said: Hi, I've opened ticket #885797. Hoping I can score a free bonus drive.

Thanks for the order. It will be setup later today.

Thanked by 1Haiiku
  • Invoice #95882

Thanks!

• Hi

Order Number: 4536704664
    Ticket Number: 850858

Thanks!

• salemsalem Member

@qps said:

Are the upgrades the same in LA?

edited March 2021

@salem said:

@qps said:

Are the upgrades the same in LA?

No, as stated previously, this offer is for Charlotte only.

• salemsalem Member

@qps said: No, as stated previously, this offer is for Charlotte only.

Ok, can you reply to my ticket#771356? It seems that there has been no customer service response for a long time.

edited March 2021

@salem said: Ok, can you reply to my ticket#771356? It seems that there has been no customer service response for a long time.

Thanks for your query. As was stated in the auto-response you received when you submitted the ticket, our sales department isn't open 24 hours per day. You submitted the ticket in the middle of the night for us. We respond to sales queries as soon as we can during business hours.

• @salem said:

Ok, can you reply to my ticket#771356? It seems that there has been no customer service response for a long time.

Dude, was "a long time" less than 24 hours?

Thanked by 2Hxxx skorous
  • @TimboJones said:

@salem said:

Dude, was "a long time" less than 24 hours?

You know it! Billions upon trillions lost!

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@qps said:

Is this part of the offer still open? Would be interested in grabbing one if so!

@iKeyZ said: Is this part of the offer still open? Would be interested in grabbing one if so!

Yes, we have a few more available. Thanks!

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@qps said:

@iKeyZ said: Is this part of the offer still open? Would be interested in grabbing one if so!

Yes, we have a few more available. Thanks!

Thank you, ordered (#187569) - gone for Upgrade B. :-)