Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spartan Host | DDoS Protected Seattle Ryzen and E5 NVMe SSD KVM | BLACK FRIDAY up to 55% OFF - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Spartan Host | DDoS Protected Seattle Ryzen and E5 NVMe SSD KVM | BLACK FRIDAY up to 55% OFF

2»

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited February 2021

@brueggus said:
    I have no idea what's going on but their Discord is being flooded with requests in the last few days...

The Chinese have discovered that Spartan Host have a good routing to China (but the Chinese also want discounts).

• The double bandwidth effect!

• @angstrom said: The Chinese have discovered that Spartan Host have a good routing to China (but the Chinese also want discounts).

They will soon be in for a pleasant surprise. Good things won't last if every single chinese customer is looking to use their servers as a vpn.

• @smallbibi said:

@angstrom said: The Chinese have discovered that Spartan Host have a good routing to China (but the Chinese also want discounts).

They will soon be in for a pleasant surprise. Good things won't last if every single chinese customer is looking to use their servers as a vpn.

True, but at the same time, Spartan Host's regular prices should keep the masses away, and Spartan Host don't have sales often.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@smallbibi said:

@angstrom said: The Chinese have discovered that Spartan Host have a good routing to China (but the Chinese also want discounts).

VPN isn't going to work well over IPv4.
    CNServers DDoS protection firewall drops high rate inbound UDP, which would break UDP based VPN protocols (e.g. OpenVPN).
    Note that this applies to IPv4 only; the IPv6 route doesn't go through CNServers.

You can run VPN over TCP (e.g. SSH tunnel, Cisco AnyConnect), but it's effectively TCP-over-TCP, which messes up congestion control and negatively affects performance.
    HTTP proxy is always an option but clients can only access HTTP and FTP sites.

Spartan Host is OK for websites for now. In a few years, my readers will start to demand HTTP/3 (it runs over UDP), and I'll either have to move again or figure out how to limit HTTP/3 to IPv6-only.

• hhhxhhhx Member

I have been waiting for long long time... ;)

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@hhhx said:
    I have been waiting for long long time... ;)

You need to keep waiting!

(Congrats on your first post)

Thanked by 1hhhx