Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bob is back and he got a story to tell! Carrots are orange because of Netherlands oh and coupons, - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bob is back and he got a story to tell! Carrots are orange because of Netherlands oh and coupons,

Comments

• Full price at Nexus Bytes is far less than the big boys, with awesome support and lots of prem. I love discounts but I love the solid service more.

25% cash will come back to you plus more when you consider the provider hopping will stop when you join the family, you'll save millions* every year! :tongue: That's probably the most underrated family perk there is imo.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@its420somewhere said:
    Full price at Nexus Bytes is far less than the big boys

Truth. I've been telling people who picked Digital Ocean VMs for simple Node.js or Python webapps to consider NexusBytes instead: https://dev.to/yoursunny/comment/1bjgm .
    I consider NexusBytes as an alternative to Digital Ocean when the use case requires a high-quality persistent (not hourly) VM but doesn't need high CPU or dynamic scaling.
    2GB VM is $10 at Digital Ocean and $6.40 at NexusBytes (USA or EU region).

For me, I can't afford either Digital Ocean or NexusBytes. I'm still a few rings down the ladder at the moment, but I feel confident to recommend NexusBytes based on all the good words.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • Please help LowEndTherapist :smiley:

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Benchmark and review upcoming.

First impression based on about 80 result sets: Seriously awesomely prime stuff. Among the top 3 I ever benchmarked (incl. NB itself). Highly recommended.

• @seriesn said:

• CarrotsAreDelicious:
      • 20% Recurring discount when you upgrade your plans to the next tier! Storage plans aren't eligible for the discount.

This is the hidden gem for those wanting the big discount guys!!

I upgraded my plan up twice it's that good. I upgraded because I know the prices aren't going to get lower and now was a perfect time for me to upgrade my server because I'm starting to need some more breathing space.

I upgraded the second time for the simple fact that I'm confident there won't be many opportunities to get such high grade prem with that sort of discount if the promos continue on their current trajectory of becoming rarer. Now I have plenty of breathing space 😂

If someone wanted, I suppose they could get a 15%+20% discount if they purchased a new server with the 15% code and then upgrade it with the 20% code. My maths isn't great but that must be close to a 25% discount?

• caracalcaracal Member
    edited February 2021

Are your vDedi's available? All the "Configure and Order" buttons lead to https://nexusbytes.com/virtual-dedicated-server on the site

EDIT: For APAC, i meant
    EDIT2: Able to find the order link via my.nexusbytes.com

• @yoursunny said:

@its420somewhere said:
    Full price at Nexus Bytes is far less than the big boys

Truth. I've been telling people who picked Digital Ocean VMs for simple Node.js or Python webapps to consider NexusBytes instead: https://dev.to/yoursunny/comment/1bjgm .
    I consider NexusBytes as an alternative to Digital Ocean when the use case requires a high-quality persistent (not hourly) VM but doesn't need high CPU or dynamic scaling.
    2GB VM is $10 at Digital Ocean and $6.40 at NexusBytes (USA or EU region).

For me, I can't afford either Digital Ocean or NexusBytes. I'm still a few rings down the ladder at the moment, but I feel confident to recommend NexusBytes based on all the good words.

Hot damn pushup man! Thank you so much! I really really appreciate that. I guess Three fiddy is good stuff eh :tongue:

• @jsg said:
    Benchmark and review upcoming.

First impression based on about 80 result sets: Seriously awesomely prime stuff. Among the top 3 I ever benchmarked (incl. NB itself). Highly recommended.

Old Friend, thank you for continuing to bless us with your knowledge and findings. It is too generous of you <3. Appreciate the love.

• @its420somewhere said:

@seriesn said:

• CarrotsAreDelicious:
      • 20% Recurring discount when you upgrade your plans to the next tier! Storage plans aren't eligible for the discount.

This is the hidden gem for those wanting the big discount guys!!

I upgraded my plan up twice it's that good. I upgraded because I know the prices aren't going to get lower and now was a perfect time for me to upgrade my server because I'm starting to need some more breathing space.

I upgraded the second time for the simple fact that I'm confident there won't be many opportunities to get such high grade prem with that sort of discount if the promos continue on their current trajectory of becoming rarer. Now I have plenty of breathing space 😂

If someone wanted, I suppose they could get a 15%+20% discount if they purchased a new server with the 15% code and then upgrade it with the 20% code. My maths isn't great but that must be close to a 25% discount?

Big woof! Thank you for continuing to not only being with us but growing as well. Thank you so much! This means a lot to me fam <3. Good potassium indeed.

Don't forget to Breath and out slowly and regularly ;)

Nah it doesn't drop 20% on top of 15%. It just stays at the 20% with upgrade :P.

Still a massive savings over the months or even years <3.

Thanked by 1its420somewhere
  • @caracal said:
    Are your vDedi's available? All the "Configure and Order" buttons lead to https://nexusbytes.com/virtual-dedicated-server on the site

EDIT: For APAC, i meant
    EDIT2: Able to find the order link via my.nexusbytes.com

What's up boss. Apologies for the human error. Looks like I botched up one of the files. Has been fixed and updated :).

Yes, coupons do apply to those as well. I didn't post them here as the starting price would have been above LET maximum price rule :)

Thanked by 1caracal
  • @seriesn said:

Yes, coupons do apply to those as well. I didn't post them here as the starting price would have been above LET maximum price rule :)

Cheers for fixing the link!
    What's your policy for going over the BW on the SG vDedi's?

• @caracal said:

@seriesn said:

Cheers for fixing the link!
    What's your policy for going over the BW on the SG vDedi's?

Thank you for noticing and notifying :).

We send out notifications at 90% usage and network usage gets suspended at 101% to avoid overage.

You can always purchase additional monthly transfer from the panel :)

• Got one in NL and replaced my DO one(in DE) with this.
    Ping is a bit higher(20ms for the DO one, and 40ms for this one), but good enough for me.
    Hope it will be stable.

• @zxrlha said: Got one in NL and replaced my DO one(in DE) with this.

Ping is a bit higher(20ms for the DO one, and 40ms for this one), but good enough for me.
    Hope it will be stable.

<3 I hope the same my friend <3. De to NL usually adds some latency depending on the direction you are coming from. But we will try our best to not let you down.

Talking about not letting you down,

@seriesn said: 25% cash back (via service credit) when you signup with either semi-annual or annual commitment and post your order number in this thread.

If you are cool with that, I got some free money for ya <3

On another note, how about some tasty edible giveaway? Anyone down for that?

Thanked by 1its420somewhere
  • @seriesn said:

So many hearts in this post. So I suppose there's no choice than saying 'yes'.

• @seriesn said:

@zxrlha said: Got one in NL and replaced my DO one(in DE) with this.

Hope it will be stable.

<3 I hope the same my friend <3. De to NL usually adds some latency depending on the direction you are coming from. But we will try our best to not let you down.

Talking about not letting you down,

@seriesn said: 25% cash back (via service credit) when you signup with either semi-annual or annual commitment and post your order number in this thread.

Is SugarProvider and SugarCustomer a new thing ?

• On another note, how about some tasty edible giveaway? Anyone down for that?

Yes!!

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@zxrlha said:
    Got one in NL and replaced my DO one(in DE) with this.
    Hope it will be stable.

?? My data shows about 14 ms between the new location and DE_FRA.
    40 ms, well, actually a bit below ms gets a packet to Greece (and to Bucarest, Romania it's just a bit over 31 ms).

In fact, it seems to me that no NL colo is even close to 40 ms from/to DE.

• @jsg said:

@zxrlha said:
    Got one in NL and replaced my DO one(in DE) with this.
    Hope it will be stable.

?? My data shows about 14 ms between the new location and DE_FRA.
    40 ms, well, actually a bit below ms gets a packet to Greece (and to Bucarest, Romania it's just a bit over 31 ms).

In fact, it seems to me that no NL colo is even close to 40 ms from/to DE.

Ahh, the ping is from my place to the server, and I'm not in DE.
    So you can imagine that from my place to DE_FRA is 20ms, and from DE_FRA to this new location is 14ms,
    and that's why I got ~40ms to this new location.

@seriesn said:

I though this 25% cash back is only for new customer? Well, my order number is 5085534417.

• Free DA Personal or Standart ?

• No no no nooo... I've always managed not buying lots of servers I don't need from Nexus Bytes because of no IPv6 in Germany. Now with IPv6 in NL I cant find a single excuse not to buy! Help, I'm scared! :scream:

• @sahjanivishal said:

Yes!!

@ben47955 said:

I like that! What are we proposing?

@fbmy said:
    Free DA Personal or Standart ?

Standard unlimited :)

• @rcy026 said:
    No no no nooo... I've always managed not buying lots of servers I don't need from Nexus Bytes because of no IPv6 in Germany. Now with IPv6 in NL I cant find a single excuse not to buy! Help, I'm scared! :scream:

Thanked by 1BBTN
  • sahjanivishalsahjanivishal Member
    edited February 2021

@seriesn said:

@sahjanivishal said:

Yes!!

@ben47955 said:

What does Uncle Bob has in mind for give-away?

• @seriesn said:

@ben47955 said:

This was in answer to your discussion with @yoursunny in the other thread. But my mind freeze and so I quoted to wrong thing in the wrong thread.

Thanked by 1chip
  • @seriesn

So no storage VPS available in NL at the moment ?? Is that going to happen anytime soon??
    No promo for Storage VPS anywhere ?

• @seriesn said:

@seriesn that sounds great. What you thinking.... double bandwidth, backpacks or 5 free VPS 😆?

#NEXUSBYTESGANG

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@LeonDynamic said: #NEXUSBYTESGANG

Oh please don't :)

• @thedp said:

Sorry but I just had too, couldn’t resist 😉

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@LeonDynamic said:

@thedp said:

Sorry but I just had too, couldn’t resist 😉

Or else @seriesn will double your invoice.