Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is happening to Virmach? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is happening to Virmach?

Comments

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    The problem is you haven't yet realized you are beating a dead horse and that what you are stating is already obvious to the members here -- we all know Virmach is crap -- so I was simply trying to offer you a solution for the future. If I were you, I would stop wasting your energy on dealing with them and move on. The phrase "Pay for peanuts, get monkeys," is just all the more true in this situation -- you act like your are expecting a Porche when you bought a Chevy Spark, so the issue here is your expectations and why you would expect anything different from such a dirt cheap product.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanks for the input. I do not expect excellent service, or prompt customer service. I do expect to have access to a service I have contracted and I do not think that is unreasonable if I am a paying customer. To have VNC access to my server seems to be the most basic of requirements, Are you saying that if you pay peanuts you should accept being 2 months without access to your service? I must have missed that part of their terms and conditions.

All my time and energy was spent dealing with them - again, that is not the purpose of this post. Am I disturbing you for venting my frustration? You are welcome not to read the thread.

Although I do honestly appreciate your suggestion about encryption over ssh and the attempt to help me with the link you kindly provided.

• @Devas said: Thanks for the input. I do not expect excellent service, or prompt customer service. I do expect to have access to a service I have contracted and I do not think that is unreasonable if I am a paying customer. To have VNC access to my server seems to be the most basic of requirements, Are you saying that if you pay peanuts you should accept being 2 months without access to your service? I must have missed that part of their terms and conditions.

All my time and energy was spent dealing with them - again, that is not the purpose of this post. Am I disturbing you for venting my frustration? You are welcome not to read the thread.

Although I do honestly appreciate your suggestion about encryption over ssh and the attempt to help me with the link you kindly provided.

To be fair, you service is probably ok. The tier service they provide that you rely on to access you service is broken.

• @ben47955 said: To be fair, you service is probably ok. The tier service they provide that you rely on to access you service is broken.

true, but what good is the server if I can't access it? It Is like you contract a VPS but the provider does not give you network access to it. in practical terms is the same.

• o_be_oneo_be_one Member
    edited February 2021

VirMach has a non existant customer support. They just don't care, you can't count on them and if you try you will just see their answer is out of scope. So this provider worth it for non critical services if you can get big discount and you backup everything (anyway you have to backup) to be able to move any time.

I'm really surprised they had good reviews in the past, that's why i've tried. I had to talk with support because they had outdated or non working images to boot and it took severale back and forth to finally point it ; i had to debug their issue ; and i've felt like a bad customer by reading everywhere that my support request must be legit. I mean, it fits well for probably most of their customers, but for serious issues or customer without any past "PEBKAC support" they should at least do follow up and try to understand / define the customer they have.

They are the best when it's about to talk publicly about complaint / dispute, this is the only time they shine and looks really professional. Unfortunately, it's only kind of marketing finally.

Time will reveal if the service is stable, since i don't need support (well, i need only if their is an issue on provider side) i can deal with this.

(2w is also what i had to wait for every answer from them)

Note: really cheap providers can provide awesome support. I will not talk about Racknerd (even if they always try to answer even the worst request) but more about NexusBytes in the past with every weeks discount, MikePT with lifetime web shared discount, UltraVPS with sometime discounts ; and they all provide quick and friendly support, they all try their best to understand you request and build their answer. Real pricing of Virmach is the same as others "low end" including BuyVM so the support should have some qualitys other than big and precise answer to non legit public disputes.

Thanked by 3Devas seriesn Bertie
  • Top provider my ass lol 🤡🤡

• @Devas said:

@ben47955 said: To be fair, you service is probably ok. The tier service they provide that you rely on to access you service is broken.

true, but what good is the server if I can't access it? It Is like you contract a VPS but the provider does not give you network access to it. in practical terms is the same.

I see VNC as a last resort access, not main access. Issues with VNC are common, no matter which provider.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

I think this is because Soheil has made any outsourced support obsolete, also I assume the costs you're paying isn't going to get you priority support. I don't think Virmach as a whole is at fault here.

@o_be_one sad you didn't mention me among those names ( I'm not cheap but our support is as excellent as our fellow providers ) :) I think @MikePT and @seriesn can testify on my behalf :)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @ben47955 said: I see VNC as a last resort access, not main access. Issues with VNC are common, no matter which provider.

Yes, me too. I only need VNC to unlock the disk and for that it is essential (unless you set up remote unlocking through ssh).

• @BharatB said: I think this is because Soheil has made any outsourced support obsolete, also I assume the costs you're paying isn't going to get you priority support. I don't think Virmach as a whole is at fault here.

I do not require priority support. In fact, I almost never required support at all. I don't think a fault in VNC is considered priority support - for me it is a critical issue in their infrastructure that they should definitely be obliged to address. If they are not at fault with VNC stopping working in their platform, who is? Surely it is something beyond the user control or ability to solve.

• @Devas said: I do not require priority support. In fact, I almost never required support at all. I don't think a fault in VNC is considered priority support - for me it is a critical issue in their infrastructure that they should definitely be obliged to address. If they are not at fault with VNC stopping working in their platform, who is? Surely it is something beyond the user control or ability to solve.

You know what the root cause of all this problem is? It's not vnc failing, it's you encrypting your disk without an objective. You think that virmach goes their your disk after they stop serving you? If you don't have evidence or know exactly what happens to your files after they stop serving you, then you are operating under "an unwarranted idea that people are after your files", there's a lot of reasons to encrypt, but let's be real, you're going thru all of these, based on a personal whim.

You should've enabled decrypt via ssh since the beggining instead of relying on your provider's vnc. It seems that your data is locked in as you also didn't manage any backups.

"A meteorite might fall on this airplane so lets reinforce it with 30CM of steel".

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @duckeeyuck said:

@Devas said: I do not require priority support. In fact, I almost never required support at all. I don't think a fault in VNC is considered priority support - for me it is a critical issue in their infrastructure that they should definitely be obliged to address. If they are not at fault with VNC stopping working in their platform, who is? Surely it is something beyond the user control or ability to solve.

You know what the root cause of all this problem is? It's not vnc failing, it's you encrypting your disk without an objective. You think that virmach goes their your disk after they stop serving you? If you don't have evidence or know exactly what happens to your files after they stop serving you, then you are operating under "an unwarranted idea that people are after your files", there's a lot of reasons to encrypt, but let's be real, you're going thru all of these, based on a personal whim.

You should've enabled decrypt via ssh since the beggining instead of relying on your provider's vnc. It seems that your data is locked in as you also didn't manage any backups.

"A meteorite might fall on this airplane so lets reinforce it with 30CM of steel".

Ok so how does this justify the 2 weeks response time and VNC not working for so long?

Thanked by 1Devas
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@miroc said:

Ok so how does this justify the 2 weeks response time and VNC not working for so long?

Since I bought the 999 special, all my support tickets are answered within minutes, and I'm getting full HD on VNC sessions.
    If you want faster support, you need to buy a bigger package.

• DevasDevas Member
    edited February 2021

@yoursunny said: Since I bought the 999 special, all my support tickets are answered within minutes, and I'm getting full HD on VNC sessions.

I had no need for support if their infrastructure was working correctly. I also have no need for HD VNC - simple VNC is fine for me.

• @Devas thank you for sharing your experience with VirMach. I got similar problems and I'm actively looking for an alternative. If you found one pls PM me.

• Brave yourself, wall of text is coming from them.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@miroc said: Imagine thinking it's okay to sell basic customer service as a premium, fucking hilarious.

We did not force anyone to purchase limited support packages and they are very clearly labeled. I'm guessing I'll be seeing a lot of you around any thread mentioning VirMach as it appears to be your sole hobby, but I recommend at least showing a single case of someone required to pay/purchase basic customer service from us. I can't recall any over at least the past year where someone was actually billed for support.

@Devas said: I have a few cheap VPS with Virmach, literally all of them sourced from offers here. As with all my VPS, I usually install the OS from ISO and encrypt the disk

I actually just answered your ticket, weird coincidence. It came up in the queue, well not just answered it, maybe five tickets ago so I'll be able to give a pretty detailed response fairly quickly.

@Devas said: 2 months ago after rebooting the VPS I have in their node in the Netherlands I was unable to access VNC which led me to open a support ticket. 2 months later the issue has not been resolved.

This was most definitely resolved by the time you made this thread. I believe you made this thread before actually checking if the migration was completed, which we'll get to in a moment.

I will not excuse our late responses here, it was badly timed and it was also a complex issue so we definitely dropped the ball here.

I'm not saying response time would have been perfect, but there were also certain issues on your end that caused further delays. Yes, ideally, this should not have mattered. It did given the circumstances so I just want to point these out so perhaps someone reading this can receive better support from us in an emergency situation.

• The ticket was reported as a panel issue, and not any type of outage/other situation that would be marked as severe/high priority on our end. VNC Panel issue is mainly meant to be if it's an issue with the web VNC panel. I do see how we can improve here, as the button/text was recently updated and unfortunately some bits of excess information was trimmed along with some crucial information that makes it potentially sound like the button should have been used in this particular case. So if your VNC is not working, even outside the web panel, and you cannot in any way access your service, something like the outage report or priority support department in general can be utilized (without an additional fee.)
    • You did not initially select a service. This was not a huge impact overall, but any time you have multiple services and it's an urgent situation it's best to have the service initially selected.
    • If you have something outside of being considered "normal" then please do state it. A lower-tier tech replied here and unfortunately noticed the encryption and since it was not mentioned and you only mentioned checking firewall, VNC password, and rebooting. We do get a lot of similar reports where the person is actually hacked and it's encrypted by the hacker. So this is the response you received here, after waiting some time.
    • When creating this ticket, it does appear you selected "yes" to if we can access your server, and also checked the box allowing a reboot. In response to the above, you got angry with us for checking this and here is where you provided additional details. It's always best to leave your complaints after the resolution so it's flagged up/discussed, not try to discuss these complaints/ask for explanations regarding your complaint because it de-rails the conversation. Luckily in this case it had no effect as I caught this personally as part of that particular queue, and focused on the main issue. In other cases this may have been flagged up to management and had a longer queue time.
    • As you were asked for more information, you were unfortunately extremely and rightfully frustrated by this point, but it made it more difficult for all team members to work on your ticket. Adding in complaints in replies/providing long replies makes the tickets longer and more difficult for any other staff member to take over. For quickest resolution, it's best to reserve these comments for later.
    • Ticket was in queue for migration, and you made several replies to it. These replies, with the initial one kicking it out of the proper queue, constantly bump up your ticket and kick it out of the queue. This requires a reflag and generally slows down ticket responses in almost every case. Unless additional information is added, which wasn't, there is no good reason to make a reply to your own ticket. In addition to this, you did also have multiple tickets. This also delays things because we have to merge your tickets first, and then read/review both tickets rather than one.

Here's the main issue that happened on our end causing the delay:

• We had special queues for VNC, as we had a lot of these tickets related to error 1006. Initially, this was an error 1006 problem (as well as others, which we found out later.) In this case we could have definitely more thoroughly checked into your specific VNC issue but basically outside of your issue and one other single person, I don't believe any others were anything outside of the 1006 problem which was widely reported. So I do apologize for this, but it just slipped by when there were hundreds of similar requests that were the expected issue. This VNC issue was fixed rather quickly, but we did not have time to go through all the VNC errors in bulk to provide responses. If we did, we would have caught this sooner.
    • At this point, a few weeks after the initial VNC issue was resolved, we came back to your ticket and noticed a strange issue on top of the error. Here, you were asked for more information after we ran through logs and other normal fixes for about an hour. At this point we were ready to look into this problem in particular, but it was an extremely isolated case we've never seen before. No one else reported this problem. With the encryption, and you being the only one affected, this led us toward leaning more toward the encryption which at this point turned out to be an incorrect inference and took up a lot of our time.

@Devas said: It took them 2 weeks (!!!) to answer the initial ticket and when they do come back to me, they tell me the problem is that my server was hijacked by a hacker that encrypted my filesystem (!!!)

Initial response was 3 days, then the response after that was 12 days later. Then 1 day for the next response, then 20 days in the VNC queue, 5 days for the next response, 5 hours for the next response, 3 days for the next, 1 day for the next, and 1-3 days for the last depending on how you count it.

This is just to clarify very specifically, the response times.

@Devas said: It took them 2 more weeks (!!!) to offer any substantial answer back and to tell me that this is a strange issue they had never seen before (!!??)

Whether or not it is hard to believe, I can confirm this issue has never once appeared outside of this case recently, and perhaps one other single case recently (not confirmed yet) in our nearly 7 years in business and half a million tickets answered.

@Devas said: How can an encrypted file system cause issues with their VNC (never mind that it worked fine for months in that same VPS during periodic reboots and unlocking the disk through VNC).

Qemu is the emulator used. In the libvirt configuration file, your VM is essentially fired up with with this emulator under devices, and graphics type as "VNC" on a certain port, listen address, and password.

noVNC was making the proper handshake, SSL was fine, as was everything else checked and debugged. For some reason, it was unable to complete the connection. Same goes with direct VNC, it essentially timed out. The port seemed fine, no error logs. VNC also worked on other VMs on the same node. We did some research, there were some reported incompatibilities so that's the route we looked further into; we didn't just fabricate this data. The idea was that if such an issue existed, it most definitely would be plausible for there to be an issue so that VNC did not function. There have been cases in the past, unrelated to this but where if the disk image is found to be potentially "missing" then the VM does not launch properly. Those had their own fix, in this case we thought that encryption could, if there's a bug in our version of Qemu/libvirt supported by SolusVM that it could potentially appear as non-existing to the degree that something similar could have been replicated.

@Devas said: They eventually suggested uploading my disk image to a location of my choice and rebuild the image. When I gave them the sftp details to upload the disk image they tell me they could try to rebuild the VM on another node to see if it solves the issue (why wasn't I offered this solution 2 months ago ???)

You were already answered as to why this wasn't offered 2 months ago. We did not have enough space at the time to migrate you.

@Devas said: I've accepted and asked them to also upload the disk image so I could close access to the server I was using for that end. They tell me they are "rebuilding the server now" and will also upload the disk image - that was 2 days ago!

We did not state that we are rebuilding the server.

We stated that we are migrating the server. The plan was to migrate it, and then also send a copy over to your SFTP details. The migration was started. The migration did also complete.

The issue is that this was in a specific queue, and then completed. Independent of completions, we provide responses to these tickets in that specific queue. However, within 30 minutes of the migration beginning, you provided a response which kicked it out of this queue. Again, the migration was completed. This was completed on the day it started. But you just did not receive a response as a result of the response kicking your ticket out of this queue. As I mentioned in your ticket, we will look and see if it's beneficial to process these in a different way in the future or to disallow responses in this queue.

You also replied another time that day then the next day, then the next day. Each time, this bumps it out of the queue. This is just how our billing/support system, WHMCS, functions.

Your service has been online/external VNC has been functional as of a few days ago when migration completed. It appears it's just now waiting for you to log in via VNC, decrypt, and networking should function after you reconfigure your networking manually from within the operating system, since automatic functions would not work with encryption unless perhaps it's decrypted in the configuration file (which it's not.) If it doesn't work then it's best at this time to create a ticket for the network issue, and provide the relevant details. Replying to that ticket may unfortunately delay response time as you'll have to wait for a specific person to process it at this point. No one else will be able to read through that ticket without it taking an hour or two.

@Devas said: When I gave them the sftp details to upload the disk image

We are still offering this as well, should you require it but just to be clear, you appear to have closed this off for the time being. You asked us to upload it to our server and provide download details, we wouldn't be able to do it this way due to security concerns. It's best if you provide details for us to upload to your server.

@ben47955 said: Typical case of one user having issues and he think that represent the whole thing. Of course, they may have fail in this particular case. I'm not denying that.

I've mentioned this in the other thread, we're down to about 0.2% of these type of tickets that have been waiting a long time. I'm not denying it either, but it is highly isolated.

@TimboJones said: @op Virmach mentioned a few times they have fucked VNC on some servers. Based on previous responses, you should be able to file an urgent ticket to say service is inoperational and VNC access is still not working and needs to be escalated.

These have mainly been fixed. Coincidentally, it's not fixed on the server customer was migrated to this time, it's one of the few left over.

We had to switch over our entire web VNC due to an update SolusVM pushed out, which seemingly made it incompatible to some degree with how we had Cloudflare set up. I believe this overrid one of our old fixes another team member did but at this point, when we tried going over it with Cloudflare, they blamed SolusVM, and then SolusVM blamed Cloudflare. This was the only way to make it work quickly without disabling Cloudflare or discontinuing using SolusVM (obviously not realistic.)

To be clear though, this was fixed fairly quickly from the time customer created the ticket. It's just that it did not fix his particular issue, his issue was on top of the error 1006/web VNC not functioning.

@TimboJones said: No. It's because they used to have an outsourced support team and they dropped them without replacing them. This was before BF and delayed support problems were increasing by then.

It's possible that if we had an outsourced team, they would be able to more quickly filter through the tickets that already have knowledgebase answers. However, this issue was mostly resolved before we ran the sale. We cut down the number of tickets by adding additional departments, troubleshooter, and knowledgebase articles. For whatever reason though when it came to a good amount of the specials, tickets were created at an abnormally high rate when it came to these issues that we already discussed on other pages. Perhaps we could have communicated it better and tailored it specifically toward specials since most articles/buttons were not directly related to specials.

@Devas said: Thanks for the input. I do not expect excellent service, or prompt customer service. I do expect to have access to a service I have contracted and I do not think that is unreasonable if I am a paying customer. To have VNC access to my server seems to be the most basic of requirements, Are you saying that if you pay peanuts you should accept being 2 months without access to your service? I must have missed that part of their terms and conditions.

To be very clear, we 100% agree with you here.

Under no circumstance is it expected that a customer have no access to VNC, especially for an extended period of time. I do not have an exact figure but seeing as you are the only person with this issue and perhaps one other single person, so two people, out of perhaps thousands that did have access to VNC but simply did not have access to web VNC, I can confidently state that luckily this was a highly isolated incident.

It's still very bad that anyone had to go through these situation. We did try to make amends as much as possible, by extending your service back in our February 4th reply... to an additional +3 months as far as I can tell (minimum 2 months if you had already received one month beforehand but I see 3 total.)

You absolutely should expect this to be part of your support and it is. Limited support still covers this under support, and under no circumstance would we reject providing support, nor did we reject providing support. We were even willing to investigate the potential clash further, but I just offered the other options (the image copy/reinstall and/or migration) because they would just be much quicker and we did not want to keep you waiting.

edited February 2021

@Devas said: I do not understand their attitude, I'm sure their VNC wasn't broke due to me encrypting the VPS, I can't understand why they ask me to provide sftp details to upload a disk image

This wasn't meant to be as if we're blaming you for anything, you should be able to encrypt your VPS. It was just the best educated guess as to what could be the cause of the issue.

To be clear, we are still unaware what caused the issue, we just know it wasn't the encryption since migration appears to have worked (unless it ran into complications.)

As for SFTP details, we already discussed this in the ticket and you appeared to have initially agreed but it was to save time. If we could send off your data to you, so you at least have it and can do what you want with it, that would resolve one major issue, and then it would also allow us to bring your server back up with a re-install/recreation, and you could move your data back if you wished to do so. It was the quickest fix at the time it was offered.

@o_be_one said: They are the best when it's about to talk publicly about complaint / dispute, this is the only time they shine and looks really professional. Unfortunately, it's only kind of marketing finally.

I'm sure everyone at the company would prefer if I did not provide these type of transparent responses here, especially since it's been getting backlash lately. I'm still doing it because it's the right thing to do, not for PR.

@o_be_one said: VirMach has a non existant customer support. They just don't care, you can't count on them and if you try you will just see their answer is out of scope. So this provider worth it for non critical services if you can get big discount and you backup everything (anyway you have to backup) to be able to move any time.

I'm really surprised they had good reviews in the past, that's why i've tried.

Most of our customers... even many of those who heavily complained one place or another, have been our customer for a very long time. I'm not goin to state how long OP has been a customer and I obviously do not know if he'll remain one, but it's fairly a good amount of time.

At some point, during a very very long time, a customer is bound to have a less than satisfactory experience. In this case this experience was something that should have been handled much better but it just wasn't. In many other cases, it might just be a slight negative experience that for some reason ruins 5 years of good experience for customers but there's not much we can do in those other cases. In cases like this, we can always do our best to improve and change systems to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Trust me though, if what you're stating is true it would have a much higher impact than you're seeing here -- if we legitimately had no customer support, didn't care. Nearly everyone who has a "bad" experience will write a negative review. But almost no one who has a positive review (relative to the total quantity) will leave a good review. It's just how it works, and it's not just for us, it's pretty much everyone. The only difference is we do not try to bribe customers to change their reviews, or to ensure they do not write a review as many other companies do for PR. I'm not saying it's a good business decision, it's just how it is.

@o_be_one said: (2w is also what i had to wait for every answer from them)

Support times have been improving, since a month and a half ago and we'd very nearly done catching up to every single ticket, with only an extremely small amount left over.

Newer tickets have been receiving, in most cases, much quicker responses (this is so we didn't fall behind.) Unfortunately, certain tickets created at a certain timeframe are still waiting. I'll try to provide an update for you guys by Sunday on exactly where we're at here.

@o_be_one said: Real pricing of Virmach is the same as others "low end" including BuyVM so the support should have some qualitys other than big and precise answer to non legit public disputes.

Please look through the past flash offers, a list is here on a third party website:
    https://virmach.app/

Do let me know who else is providing a higher level of support at the same price-point as these packages, as that's the majority of the recently tickets by quantity we had to process so it's representative of these tickets mostly requiring a long wait. If I receive a good amount of examples, I'll consider figuring something out to increase the level of support for these packages.

Thanked by 1default

@miroc said: Top provider my ass lol 🤡🤡

We get it, you are a completely unbiased and the go-to source for everything VirMach and you love making top provider jokes.

@miroc said:
    This is why you don't overcommit. Customers having to wait weeks and having to complain to you on a forum because you don't reply to them via tickets is bad PR.

@miroc said:
    If you don't listen to a very simple feedback then I don't know what to say. This thread is a mess not because you did a sale, but because you cannot sell more services than what you are able to provide. Perhaps set a limit for these sales and people will be disappointed because there are no more sales left and NOT because of the slow response time and awful late provisioning you do from what I can see..

@miroc said: "Kindly understand that NOTHING you decide to call a rule does change the fact that accepting payment but not delivering constitutes FRAUD."

@miroc said:

@evnix said: I can understand the frustration the OP would be in, should he/she buy another VPS from another provider or stall his/her project and wait for a solution (if so for how long? 5 days? 15 days? 30 days?

This.

@evnix said: Expecting people to wait endlessly is just not fair. Imagine you renting a cheap car for a year and you have some plans with the car during your vacation next week and you haven't got the car even after a month now, and the provider denies refund and asks you to wait patiently without giving you a timeline nor a refund, I am sure you would have filed a chargeback after having yelled at the provider for ruining your plans.

Also +1 on this. :no_mouth:

@miroc said:

@duckeeyuck said: "MAH BUSINESS DEPENDS ON THIS" - Person who is not willing to spend more than 2$ a month for a vps/ip4

I assume you have not heard about cutting costs..?

@miroc said:
    According to reviews of VirMach, I don't think they can be considered 'shaky grounds'. Therefore I believe it's justified to get the same spec vps for a lower price. Plus, there is a difference between getting what you pay for or not getting anything at all while still paying.

You must pay VirMach the invoice immediately upon placing order, but they are allowed somehow to have the audacity to make you wait for an indefinite amount of time? Sounds like a scam to me. :D

They expect the customers to pay the invoice immediately, therefore, in my opinion the customer has the right to demand the service to be provisioned within a reasonable time-frame, regardless of special deals. Otherwise, refund the money.

@miroc said:

@Unbelievable said:
    Don't worry, @virmach will find someone or something to blame any issue on. Truth of the matter is- they don't have enough support with enough skills to manage the volume of orders they have. Hence one month, 14 days, 7 days wait for many people. Blame it on Serverhub, blame it on WHMCS, even use the absurd comment of "breech" with CC; the reality is people, planning, and execution prevents and resolves issues. AWS, Oracle, MS, Google - none of them complain about processing a high volume of server orders. But hey its ok - virmach plays the victim card. Its all those unnecessary tickets. Seriously?

Give the 1.5%- 2% their money back, fix your issues, then offer them the chance to purchase- after you have your shit together

+1

@miroc said:

@TimboJones said: If I was Virmach and thought a solution was 1-2 days out, I'd probably sit on the refunds.

Many have said that they have been waiting for weeks. :/

@miroc said:

@mad_4u said: but i think it's the Client fault trusted your service and they should request refund trough their Card issuer or Paypal

But they can't chargeback either.

"Customer agrees to pay a twenty-five dollar ($25.00) Administration Fee, which will be charged to Customer’s account in the event of the following situations, also reflected in our Fee Schedule:
    iii. Any disputes/holds/chargebacks on payment;"

Okay, you pay me, I scam you, and if you try to do anything about it, I'll charge you more. Nice. :D

@miroc said:

@t0ny0 said: In the case here however - they are saying that they will add an extra fee for asking for your money back for a service that was never delivered.

This.

@miroc said:

@VirMach said: Thank you for creating a support thread. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.

I am surprised how VirMach did not address this.. Given the situation, it was quite offensive.

You say that you are overwhelmed by the amount of tickets, yet you still have the time to mock someone for trying to reach out to you after a month of waiting? :neutral:

Have some respect for your customers!

@miroc said:

@jugganuts said:
    2 - 3 months still waiting for a reply on a locked out account (so I can pay my bill) ended up contacting them here about it, received borderline rude response saying I should be thankful they are not charging me to process this request... like I would have paid to expedite the process but was never even given the option.

i will never support them again...

Top Provider btw.

@miroc said:

@jsg said: In a situation like this you don't even need to apologize for the customers sake but for your own. My advice: Do it and do it quickly and sincerely along with an honest offer to refund OP within a business day ... or continue losing way more money ...

!!!!

@miroc said:

@VirMach said: Once we do reach a ticket that pertains to the rare situations we previously described, we do provide refunds.

@jsg Once they reach a ticket they'll issue a refund. This means that they can keep ignoring tickets asking for refunds so they can keep the money they scammed out of customers. :)) Who needs an apology when they're just gonna refund your money sometimes in the next 50 years? :D

@miroc said:

@evnix said: You cannot request refunds through a ticket (It is explicitly mentioned and plastered all over the billing panel that these will be ignored)

Lmao what on earth is this. :sweat_smile: This is literally a scam. You pay for a service, they never deliver it but you are not eligible for a refund either.

Flaunt7 is shook

@miroc said:

@derekyang said: Maybe give them more time ?

Hopefully by the end of the annual billing term, they'll figure something out. :smiley:

@miroc said:

@lowendboi said: Well, don't jinx it - It might actually happen given what is going on in the other thread... :D

Except that virmach ignores 90% of the messages there. xdd

@miroc said:

@VirMach said:
    Specials are non-refundable by default so the functionality is not built-in. We have only provided refunds on tickets regarding orders being stuck in pending status for a flash sale. If the ticket title was "Refund" and/or the pending order was not mentioned, then it could have received the non-eligible message.

I can take a look and discuss it if you want to provide your ticket ID.

(Edit) the number of people waiting for this specific issue has fallen, even though we do not yet have a solution, so clearly there were a good amount of refunds.

@VirMach Ok so what about the 50 other issues that were brought up in this thread? Especially you being disrespectful towards your customer?

@miroc said:
    I mean it was worded weirdly. It would have been much more obvious if it was worded like this: We can terminate your current server and create a new one with the correct configuration.

@miroc said:
    You were asked to stop blaming others for your own fault, but you were not asked to not address those issues. Transparency right? So you only address issues when you can blame it on someone/something else?

And how is blaming others for your own fault is connected to you having no respect for your customer and mocking them for trying to contact you publicly after a month of being ignored?

@miroc said:

@levnode said: Hey LET, it's what TOP PROVIDER doing?

Yeah.. i was wondering the same. Top provider huh? :sweat_smile:

@miroc said:

@yoursunny said:

@miroc said:

@levnode said: Hey LET, it's what TOP PROVIDER doing?

Yeah.. i was wondering the same. Top provider huh? :sweat_smile:

TOP Provider = a provider that generates top amount of profits for ColonCrossing

• Virmach
    • RackNerd

At least RackNerd has a support team. In fact I am super pleased with both their VPS and support service.

@miroc said: May I advise you not to make disrespectful jokes regardless of your company's size? It reflects badly upon you and the service you provide.

Also, you literally mocked someone for trying to reach out to you after you have not replied to them for a month!

But you do you, go ahead and ruin your reputation. I'll wait.:)

@miroc said:
    I guess they haven't realized they're not the only service providers on the planet.

@miroc said: @jsg said: But now I am anti Virmach and I will certainly not become a customer of Virmach and will in fact advise others to stay away too. Not because some delays happened, not because your products are bad, low quality or to expensive - but because of the way you reacted (or not) and the way you behaved and handled the complaints in this thread. The two main factors were your ridiculing and brushing off a customer you drove desperate and your utter and total egocentricity and ignorance.

I can't express how much I agree with these. It's a true shame a top provider has to be educated on this..

@miroc said: Apparently, treating someone better means replying to them after a month of waiting instead of making them wait for another two..

@miroc said: Virmach's best excuse was that 'oh IT's a PuBlIC FOruM I cAN sAy WHatEVer I WanT!!'
    No you can not, as with this account you are representing your brand and anything you say ANYWHERE publicly under the Virmach name has an impact on you!

No, we also did NOT interpret it the wrong way. Given the context, it was quite self-explanatory that Virmach was mocking their customer trying to reach out to them after waiting for an unreasonable time.

I stand by what I've said earlier. It is a shame that a Top-Provider needs to be educated on how to treat customers with respect! When giving a host Top-Provider they should also take into consideration attitude and customer service! Why is @cociu not a Top-Provider, yet? Because of the lower-quality service than let's say BuyVM? At least HostSolutions says sorry for messing up and treats people kindly and with respect!

@VirMach Get off your high horse and have some respect for your customers. You not only did not say sorry to OP for mocking them, but also you are still living in the belief the OP was trying to get ahead of line..

At this point it should be quite obvious that the problem is not with the customers but with @VirMach's attitude and ways of solving (or not) issues.

@miroc said:
    @TimboJones I'm baffled how ignorant you are of the things the majority have complained here. It's VirMach not responding/having a response time of 9+ days and not provisioning services even after a month for which the customer has already paid for, not Tiny Joe fucking up a config and whining about it on forums.

@TimboJones said: You expect yourself to have some self respect, but you don't allow Virmach to. Go fuck yourself.

There is a difference between blaming someone else for your own fault and having self respect. I'd like to remind you of something that Jsg said earlier:

"Kindly understand that NOTHING you decide to call a rule does change the fact that accepting payment but not delivering constitutes FRAUD."

@miroc said:

@mad_4u said: seems more and more affected clients just coming to this thread facing same issue.

What else can they do? Wait indefinitely for VirMach to take action while VM sits on their money?

One can't just say "Oh you got scammed by a Top-Provider on LET? Haha bitch. Suck it up!" 🤡🤡

@miroc said:
    lmao i never knew vps are being delivered by DHL

fuck that covid excuse shit, it has nothing to do with delivering virtual products.

@miroc said:

@bobe said:
    Virmach do not refund or activate the service, what can I do

Take your money elsewhere from VirMach. XD

@miroc said:
    Without this whole 'service not provisioned in time / 9+ day ticket response time' shenanigans, I would choose anyone over VirMach only because of their strict resource limitations.

It's like "Hey, take these 3 cpu cores, BUT ACTUALLY please don't use them, we don't do that here"

@miroc said:
    @VirMach Take notes, because this is how you should behave on a public site and this is how you should treat unsatisfied customers!!

@miroc said:

@levnode said:
    Don't worry, they (he) will reply here very soon with wall of text, blame anything he can think of including WHMCS, SolusVM, even KVM or customers with wall of text. However, your issue will not be resolved after 2 -> 3 days, or in some worse case, weeks.

And this will be a strong enough sign that OP should move away from them lol

@miroc said:
    thats just virmach idk what you expect

@miroc said:
    I'm not sure why you're surprised. It's virmach what do you expect? Customer service? Never heard of that. Imagine thinking it's okay to sell basic customer service as a premium, fucking hilarious.

Run while you can, that's my only advice.

Ah yes, your only advice.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @levnode said:
    Brave yourself, wall of text is coming from them.

Lotto numbers?

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited February 2021

@Devas : 17 paragraphs
    @VirMach : 49 paragraphs
    @Nekki : 0 paragraphs, vanished

(as of 04:34 UTC)

@miroc said:

@Sanjue007 said:
    Can someone guess the number of paragraphs this time? ;)

69 because it's valentine's day

Sorry for the delay, there's your 69 paragraphs, give or take. Here's a few more.

@BharatB said: I think this is because Soheil has made any outsourced support obsolete, also I assume the costs you're paying isn't going to get you priority support. I don't think Virmach as a whole is at fault here.

I've made this clear elsewhere with a lot more detail, but we've already at this point moved past the need for what outsourced support performed, with the only exception being re-assuring messages as customers wait (which in many cases only delayed the proper response.) We'll fix that last bit with AI.

IP changes are automated, migrations will soon be automated. We have a troubleshooter now that outputs (usually) a fairly accurate response. We have many more help articles, improved departments/sorting of tickets where customers are provided some information beforehand. Overall, the number of tickets we have cut down by all these steps is greater than the quantity of tickets outsourced support performed.

@Devas said: Yes, me too. I only need VNC to unlock the disk and for that it is essential (unless you set up remote unlocking through ssh).

It's potentially possible to do this in another way, and have your VM boot decrypted, I just did not offer it because you seemed very serious with your security (as expected, not saying it's a bad thing) so I did not want to mention that, and sharing your encryption information with us so I could plug it into the configuration for the VM. I assumed you would say no or be upset so I avoided offering this option.

@Devas said: I do not require priority support. In fact, I almost never required support at all. I don't think a fault in VNC is considered priority support - for me it is a critical issue in their infrastructure that they should definitely be obliged to address. If they are not at fault with VNC stopping working in their platform, who is? Surely it is something beyond the user control or ability to solve.

I do want to re-iterate here that this situation would most definitely qualify for free priority support. I believe in some stages it was flagged as such. I remember discussing your ticket with the team in high priority, it was just time-consuming.

@yoursunny said:

@miroc said:

Since I bought the 999 special, all my support tickets are answered within minutes, and I'm getting full HD on VNC sessions.

Thank you, we were nearly ready to file for bankruptcy but then you purchased the 999 package. I have allocated you personal support rep, he is not allowed to sleep and your tickets are sent directly to him in Morse code via electrical shocks.

@levnode said: Brave yourself, wall of text is coming from them.

Wow you called it perfectly but I don't think even you could have predicted the length of the wall.

@kjl24 said: @Devas thank you for sharing your experience with VirMach. I got similar problems and I'm actively looking for an alternative. If you found one pls PM me.

I hear AWS provides great Enterprise support.

• @corbpie said:

@levnode said:
    Brave yourself, wall of text is coming from them.

Lotto numbers?

69, lol.

• I bought an extra virmach instance after reading this thread

• @VirMach I appreaciate that you took your time to copy most of my messages from under previous forum posts. It's a shame that after all those copy-pasted messages you still couldn't read and acknowledge what was written in them.

I do make Top Provider jokes, because I simply can't see how it's justified for VirMach, when:

• VM prices are only low on "special" deals, besides that it's quite average.
    • VM thinks that providing basic support and fixing issues on their end is a luxury.
    • VM failed to deliver orders within reasonable times.
    • Also, please read your entire AUP, it's absolutely hilarious.
    • VM makes fun of customer for asking for support here after driving them desparate after waiting for so long to get support from you and never apologizes.
    • VM will find literally anything to blame for the issues: customers, whmcs, solusvm, the woman living next door etc.

I wonder how many support tickets you could have replied to during the time you wrote this Great Wall of China post. 🤡

• Thanked by 1kasodk
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited February 2021

Why the bashing of @Virmach for the "wall of text"? He goes out of his way to provide explanations and frankly some information that is none of your business.
    Feels like a no win situation. :|
    Some of you need to return to your perfect lives.
    I'm not saying I don't agree with some of the complaints but look at the overall picture.

• Whats your "cpu steal" like? x)

Uptime is good tho, so it makes it a perfect idler :D

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Why the bashing of @Virmach for the "wall of text"? He goes out of his way to provide explanations and frankly some information that is none of your business.
    I'm not saying I don't agree with some of the complaints but look at the overall picture.

1. priorities
    2. their "explanation" usually consists of them blaming literally everything they can think of
  • @miroc said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

1. priorities
    2. their "explanation" usually consists of them blaming literally everything they can think of

Here we go again... (new generation does not enjoy reading).