Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for dedicated server with VT
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for dedicated server with VT

DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

I am looking for server with VT,

RAM: Even 4GB will be enough
Virtualization: Yes
IP Address: 2 or 5 (Whichever will be cheaper)
IPMI : I need to install OS by myself. CentOS7 with Virtualizor.

Billing Cycle: Monthly, No contract.

Comments

• Would a VPS with with nested virt enabled work? For those sort of requirements a Dedicated Server would probably be too costly for what it's worth.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@WSCallum said:
    Would a VPS with with nested virt enabled work? For those sort of requirements a Dedicated Server would probably be too costly for what it's worth.

I need a dedicated server so I can test if my commands are running fine. I will send command to test if it is responding via my API.

Thanked by 1WSCallum
  • @DewlanceVPS said:

@WSCallum said:
    Would a VPS with with nested virt enabled work? For those sort of requirements a Dedicated Server would probably be too costly for what it's worth.

I need a dedicated server so I can test if my commands are running fine. I will send command to test if it is responding via my API.

In which case you'd probably be best looking at Kimsufi or Hetzner Server Auction for lowend Dedis

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@WSCallum said:

@DewlanceVPS said:

@WSCallum said:

In which case you'd probably be best looking at Kimsufi or Hetzner Server Auction for lowend Dedis

Or Wholesale Internet and Nocix.

• MivoCloudMivoCloud Member, Host Rep

@DewlanceVPS said:
    I am looking for server with VT,

RAM: Even 4GB will be enough
    Virtualization: Yes
    IP Address: 2 or 5 (Whichever will be cheaper)
    IPMI : I need to install OS by myself. CentOS7 with Virtualizor.

Billing Cycle: Monthly, No contract.

Hello,
    We can offer you a Dedicated Server with this configuration:
    Intel XEON E5640 (2,66 GHz)
    4 Cores 8 Threads
    8 GB RAM ECC
    IPv4: 4 additional IPs
    Virtualization: Intel VT-x
    1 TB HDD or 250 GB SSD

Price: € 54.00 /month

For more information, please check here https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/169983/dedicated-server-with-intel-processors-own-data-center-bitcoin-paypal-payeer-bank-transfer

• edited February 2021

You'll find some pretty cheap boxes (inside $20/mo) matching those hardware specs. Even the Atom C350 or C750 used in some low-end dedicated boxes (though not the D425 & N2800 used in Kimsufi's cheapest stock) support VT-x.

Scan https://www.serverhunter.com/ or similar for dedicateds in-stock then check the CPU with https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark (assuming it is an Intel chip) if they don't state VT/not.

It is worth contacting the provider to verify before ordering though: VT-x can sometimes be turned off in the machine's BIOS/UEFI even if available on the CPU and unless you get full KVM access you can't change such settings yourself.

Edit: actually, IPMI and the extra IPv4 might be sticky points with really cheap dedicated boxes. Probably work-around-able, but you might not want that hassle.

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • MarcoooMarcooo Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2021

Hey

We can offer you
    2x Intel xeon E5-2640 3Ghz
    32gb ECC ram
    240GB SSD
    Unmetered 1Gbit/s up/down
    5 ipv4
    Idrac access
    Located in the Netherlands

For 60 Euro/month

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/169810/nl-dedicated-2x-e5-2640-1-5tbit-s-ddos-protection

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Thank you everyone, I purchased server but it was without VT but I found a way to test my API without VT.

I cannot create VM, but I am able to test my API via virtualizor. :D

• RHCHostingRHCHosting Member, Host Rep

We're sure you already found something, but most providers will provide kvm with their servers in order for you to install your own OS. What is your budget for this if you haven't found anything already?