Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"kworker/4:1+events_freezable" runs every hour to clean buffer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

"kworker/4:1+events_freezable" runs every hour to clean buffer

pkrpkr Member

I have a VPS with 32gb RAM and 8vCPU. The VPS is mostly idle (SAR %idle= ~99), but "kworker/4:1+events_freezable" runs every hour and cleans the buffer. As a result of this, my website becomes a bit slow for some time. I am using Debian10 OS and have installed MyVestaCP as the control panel.

Is there any way to stop "kworker/4:1+events_freezable" from running every hour?

Comments

• Do you have any more details about the process that runs to clear the buffer?

kworker refers to any running kernel process and events_freezable is a rather generic indication of which task is running, I can't see anything that might be helpful information in this case.

Also, while I haven't used MyVestaCP (Or heard of it, actually), I have never encountered this issue on a Debian 10 installation, my buffer has always worked as intended.

• @Erisa said:
    Do you have any more details about the process that runs to clear the buffer?

kworker refers to any running kernel process and events_freezable is a rather generic indication of which task is running, I can't see anything that might be helpful information in this case.

Also, while I haven't used MyVestaCP (Or heard of it, actually), I have never encountered this issue on a Debian 10 installation, my buffer has always worked as intended.

Thanks for your input. My host was running some job to clean the buffer. They have stopped that job now.

• @pkr said: My host was running some job to clean the buffer.

What's your host? I would like to ask them how often they do that buffer cleaning...

• @LTniger said:

@pkr said: My host was running some job to clean the buffer.

What's your host? I would like to ask them how often they do that buffer cleaning...

SSDNodes

• @pkr said:

@LTniger said:

SSDNodes

hahahahahaha

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

if you have the debug symbols for your kernel and linux-tools (if using a repository you should) you may be able to use perf to identify what is happening. Perf will show you whats large function calls are being made through event sampling.

• @notarobo said:

@pkr said:

@LTniger said:

SSDNodes

hahahahahaha

I am stuck with their 3yr plan. They don't refund😢😢😢