Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS(s) Needed - Multiple Locations - US
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS(s) Needed - Multiple Locations - US

I am looking for some VPS(s) in some very specific US DMA Locations which must pass IP Geolocation from any thing out there to these specific US DMA's.

Basically I am after some thing like what my current host, BuyVM, offers in the locations below.

Specs:

512MB or 1GB RAM
20GB HD
1 IP V4 address
Unmetered bandwidth

Ubuntu 20.04 Server
VPN/TUN can be setup, installed
No port blocking unless I set up ufw etc. for it.

One (1) Snapshot to save and reinstall the server as needed would be a plus, not required.
2-3 backups taken daily and cycled through would be nice, but again, not required.
These 2 items could be at additional cost, depending on the cost.

I'd prefer AMD based boxes, but at this level, you can't be too choosy, if at all.

Locations:

Orlando FL
Pittsburgh, PA *
Columbus OH
Cincinnati, OH
Charleston-Huntington, WV

Any IP provided must pass the various geolocation services. I don't care how you do it, so long as the IP passes 100% of the time. So if the servers are physically in the DMA, great. You got a way to beat it otherwise,100%, great. Lets talk.

Budget is $3-5/month, will consider longer term deals to achieve that in the in 6mos-yearly increments, and with ability to provide multiple or all of the needed locations.

Test runs, paid of course, before long term contracts, to ensure that setup and use case will work.

• I've found terraswitch which seems to meet my needs for PIT, I will likely try here soon, but will consider others for PIT too.

The big things are CHEAP, pass the geolocations as provided, and clean slate to install my needed distro etc..

So any one got VPS's in DC's in the areas above? ? ? ?

Thanks!

Comments

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited February 2021

Disregard, missed the unmetered bandwidth requirement.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2021

Ignore

• jamespeachjamespeach Member
    edited February 2021

I have been looking for Pittsburgh, Columbus, and Cincinnati for awhile now. I'm sad to say but there is no chance of getting these 3 locations with unmetered bandwidth, the regions don't have enough providers to be that competitive.

https://www.scarabweb.com/ provides servers in both Cincinnati and Columbus. This is the cheapest provider I have found in Cincinnati, but it won't have unmetered bandwidth and will be about 10 times your budget. If you truly need Cincinnati though this might be your best option. As for Columbus, AWS Lightsail will be your best bet, again no unmetered bandwidth however.

If someone manages to find a cheap server in these 3 locations, please let me know as well as I have been searching for years.

Edit: https://www.scarabweb.com/resources/vps_group I see on this page they have unmetered Linux plans for $19.95. It doesn't list which locations are offered for this, but if they have Cincinnati and Columbus as options, that might actually be a pretty good deal if those locations are needed.

• @jamespeach said:
    I have been looking for Pittsburgh, Columbus, and Cincinnati for awhile now. I'm sad to say but there is no chance of getting these 3 locations with unmetered bandwidth, the regions don't have enough providers to be that competitive.

I probably could live with metered in the 1TB-2TB/month level, as 95% of the time these will be idle. But whacko situations come up and more uses would be needed form them.

The #1 rule is that they must be in the locations I listed to pass geo location tests, thats a hard requirement.

Terraswith has a $4/month which is 1TB

https://www.scarabweb.com/ provides servers in both Cincinnati and Columbus. This is the cheapest provider I have found in Cincinnati, but it won't have unmetered bandwidth and will be about 10 times your budget. If you truly need Cincinnati though this might be your best option.

As for Columbus, AWS Lightsail will be your best bet, again no unmetered bandwidth however.

AWS or anything like that, but specifically AWS is a no go. I don't deal with that company period.

If someone manages to find a cheap server in these 3 locations, please let me know as well as I have been searching for years.

I'd love to find the ones I listed, I think some people should take the hint and maybe look into expanding their DC inventory..

Edit: https://www.scarabweb.com/resources/vps_group I see on this page they have unmetered Linux plans for $19.95. It doesn't list which locations are offered for this, but if they have Cincinnati and Columbus as options, that might actually be a pretty good deal if those locations are needed.\

>

Thats 5x what the budget. 5 servers at 50/year/ea $250/yr. (4/month) where they sit idle a good bit of the time, is acceptable. Above that. Not workable for my setup.

I would have thought that MCO was an easy option to find, and at least one of the bottom 3 would be possible. Seems like no brainers to me. Especially considering I've got stuff in Buffalo, NY of all the places.

Thanks for the replay and the info. If the budget was bigger there might be other options. Like I said maybe my favorite will eventually expand. :smile:

• better to mention real usage of bandwidth.

• @mhosting_in said: better to mention real usage of bandwidth.

Why don't you buy space for ads on LET instead of spamming for years now?

• @SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

@mhosting_in said: better to mention real usage of bandwidth.

Why don't you buy space for ads on LET instead of spamming for years now?

so you pay for my ads?