Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any expert can help me? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

any expert can help me?

13»

Comments

• @raindog308 said:

@ruhulamin7 said: Tomorrow is abruptly closed

@ruhulamin7 said: Tomorrow is abruptly down.

Man. The future is ruined.

You should not have clients.

@seriesn said: between 50-150/hour

If OP is honorable, he'll pay anything to get his client's data back.

If he isn't, he'll say "whoa, that's way too much money."

Sorry, yesterday **

• @ruhulamin7 Do you have any update for us ?

• elliotcelliotc Member
    edited February 2021

I think OP is not suitable to do business in this industry...

Edit: The whole IT industry sells services, and more accurately knowledge. Knowledge have price, and it usually expensive.

Thanked by 1chip
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Should we report to the police? But in what country?

All I know is that he is on Earth although there is a slime possibility that he may be on Luna.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Is Rack911 still in business? Who is running it these days? Patrick?

• @ruhulamin7 said:

@WebProject said:

@ruhulamin7 said: I don't have any backup.

so based on your comment the data is not important to you just re-install the VPS and the issue is fixed.

The thread can be closed as the we now the issue now!

if i rebuild the vps?
    client will kill me for his backup :'(

Maybe think what would be easier and less expensive to do.
    1. run
    2. fix the issue

• It is a grub related issue. Just reinstall the grub on rescue mode and it should be solved.

Happened to me once so I get it.

• Cant you just boot into recovery and download all your files via ftp? I’ve done this numerous times on servers that didn’t have IPMI / KVM with SystemRescueCd.

• @Hosterlabs @Moofie

I got the distinct impression he couldn't do either of what you both suggested and was relying on hostslick stepping in and helping him when they could .... however had they refused he would have been in deep water

I also got the impression that he wasn't too keen on paying rack911's quote of $100 in order to fix the issue

However i may be wrong on both of the above points

Thanked by 2yoursunny seriesn
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Hosterlabs said: It is a grub related issue. Just reinstall the grub on rescue mode and it should be solved.

if you do check the comments the boot/GRUB partition need to be recovered first or re-build.

@Moofie said:
    Cant you just boot into recovery and download all your files via ftp? I’ve done this numerous times on servers that didn’t have IPMI / KVM with SystemRescueCd.

backup your data, if it's important to you. As sound to me that majority of LET users think that RAID is replacement of backup, now imaging the other scenario - the let say whole data in corrupted on the node - various rare issues happens and impossible to recover, what you do in this case?

• @ben47955 said:
    @ruhulamin7 Do you have any update for us ?

Still waiting for hostslick expert reply. 😂

• @ruhulamin7 said:

@ben47955 said:
    @ruhulamin7 Do you have any update for us ?

Still waiting for hostslick expert reply. 😂

Didn’t you say you have a customer?

It’s been 4 days and you haven’t even taken any actual steps to resolve this. You definitely shouldn’t even be in this industry or provide a service in general

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint chip
  • Oh God.

Thanked by 2lentro chip