Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IONOS VPS S Benchmark Results
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IONOS VPS S Benchmark Results

I've bought VPS S (512MB/VMware) at IONOS -aff, with DC location: United Kingdom. The price is 1€ per month. Here are the benchmark results:

root@localhost:~# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash
# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
#                     v2020-12-29                    #
# https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Mon 15 Feb 2021 08:25:39 PM UTC

Basic System Information:
---------------------------------
Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6230R CPU @ 2.10GHz
CPU cores  : 1 @ 2100.000 MHz
AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
RAM        : 449.6 MiB
Swap       : 1.9 GiB
Disk       : 7.9 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
  ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
Read       | 238.29 MB/s  (59.5k) | 974.21 MB/s  (15.2k)
Write      | 238.92 MB/s  (59.7k) | 979.34 MB/s  (15.3k)
Total      | 477.22 MB/s (119.3k) | 1.95 GB/s    (30.5k)
           |                      |
Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
  ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
Read       | 879.41 MB/s   (1.7k) | 826.70 MB/s    (807)
Write      | 926.14 MB/s   (1.8k) | 881.76 MB/s    (861)
Total      | 1.80 GB/s     (3.5k) | 1.70 GB/s     (1.6k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                |                           |                 |
Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | busy            | busy
Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 417 Mbits/sec   | 400 Mbits/sec
WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 414 Mbits/sec   | 399 Mbits/sec
Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 347 Mbits/sec   | 349 Mbits/sec
Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 402 Mbits/sec   | 389 Mbits/sec
Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 388 Mbits/sec   | 374 Mbits/sec
Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 377 Mbits/sec   | 358 Mbits/sec
Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | busy            | busy

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
Test            | Value
                |
Single Core     | 772
Multi Core      | 795
Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/6522833

AS: https://bgp.he.net/AS8560

Is it worth?

Comments

• do they support ipv6 ?

• @cold said:
    do they support ipv6 ?

Not in their default configuration or that YABS bench would have shown iperf results for it.

• @cold said:
    do they support ipv6 ?

You need to add it from panel manualy. It's not included in default setup after you purchase the server.

https://www.ionos.de/hilfe/server-cloud-infrastructure/ip-adressen/oeffentliche-ipv6-adresse-auf-dem-server-hinzufuegen/oeffentliche-ipv6-adresse-auf-einem-linux-server-hinzufuegen-centos-6/

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • @cold said:
    do they support ipv6 ?

Yes

• The price is 1€ per month

it that promo price or recurring??

• Is bandwidth unlimited?

• @JasonM recurring
    @codelock yes

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@codelock said:
    Is bandwidth unlimited?

Not truly unlimited, service is suspended after a few TBs.

• @Nyr said:

@codelock said:
    Is bandwidth unlimited?

@Nyr said:

@codelock said:
    Is bandwidth unlimited?

Can I push 10tb in a month ? Were you suspended?

• @codelock said:

@Nyr said:

@codelock said:
    Is bandwidth unlimited?

@Nyr said:

@codelock said:
    Is bandwidth unlimited?

Can I push 10tb in a month ? Were you suspended?

No. I was suspended earlier. No specific limit is being set, but don't be a dick or they'll suspend you.

• Also the price is 1€/month but you're locked in for a year.

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited February 2021

You can get it on a monthly contract if you pay the one-time fee if you sign up from the UK it's £10.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • Yeah I've looked at this a few times (On the UK site) and signed up once. Only reason I didn't go through was because they asked for ID and I just couldn't be bothered for something that small to me. Makes me wonder if that was for the contract and if the £10 setup for no contact would lessen that requirement, but again it's not something I really care much for.

They're an interesting provider from what I observe, has anyone used one longterm enough to comment on their reliability for serious usage?

• @Erisa said:
    Yeah I've looked at this a few times (On the UK site) and signed up once. Only reason I didn't go through was because they asked for ID and I just couldn't be bothered for something that small to me. Makes me wonder if that was for the contract and if the £10 setup for no contact would lessen that requirement, but again it's not something I really care much for.

They're an interesting provider from what I observe, has anyone used one longterm enough to comment on their reliability for serious usage?

I'm running my personal AdGuard and OpenVPN on one of their instances. Running fine so far, without any issues for over a year.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@JasonM said: it that promo price or recurring??

@1030 its promo price for one year only don't need to be confused with recurring deals, as offer will expire after 12 months.

• ErisaErisa Member
    edited February 2021

@WebProject said:

@JasonM said: it that promo price or recurring??

@1030 its promo price for one year only don't need to be confused with recurring deals, as offer will expire after 12 months.

It's not. The only "trick" to this product is only that you get roped into a 12-month minimum contract. If you try to remove the contract they charge you an upfront fee of £10(or equivalent) for the privilege of not being tied to the contract.
    So in effect its 12 annually but paid monthly, I suppose. They also riddle the signup with attempts to upsell other products, makes me wonder whether the actual experience of owning the VPS is similar, with upselling on every corner.

There are, as far as I can tell, absolutely no indications that the offer will expire after any time, seems its treated by the site as if it was the regular price (Maybe it is, who knows)

Combined with their seemingly strict usage policy (Someone above mentioning they get upset if you use too many TB of bandwidth) I assume the price is as intended.

• verovero Member, Host Rep

@Erisa said:

If not to dig deeply into their contract policies they are OK. Charged me for already transferred domain once and as I learnt after - they do it constantly. As for servers - everything runs fine. And they have quite speedy network.

@WebProject said:
    promo price for one year only don't need to be confused with recurring deals, as offer will expire after 12 months.

It you are talking about that 1€ VPS - it's recurring. I mean next year (upon renewing contract) the price will be the same.

Perhaps worth mentioning that the connection for VPSes is 400Mbps.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • @vero said: Perhaps worth mentioning that the connection for VPSes is 400Mbps.

Does that go for all of them, not just the €1? At the price of that one 400mbit isnt too bad but would be nice if they offered something greater on the higher plans.

@Erisa said:
    Does that go for all of them, not just the €1? At the price of that one 400mbit isnt too bad but would be nice if they offered something greater on the higher plans.

Well, that's for all of them, as I understand. Even for pricier cloud servers (these are kind of different from VPS in an unknown way, perhaps have dedicated resources). You can find service description on the same page, below.

Also I was curious last year about US locations, but they couldn't tell exactly there I would get my server, tried to contact them twice.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • You're tied for 12 months to pay 1€ every month. I guess this is fine as you will use your service for 1 year. After that the contract ends, and you will pay 1€ per month without contract or you can cancel your service.

@1030 said:
    You're tied for 12 months to pay 1€ every month. I guess this is fine as you will use your service for 1 year. After that the contract ends, and you will pay 1€ per month without contract or you can cancel your service.

The thing is that if you make contract for 12 months it renews for 12 months again automatically. If you don't cancel it one month before it ends, you are tied to one more year.

• @vero said:

@1030 said:
    You're tied for 12 months to pay 1€ every month. I guess this is fine as you will use your service for 1 year. After that the contract ends, and you will pay 1€ per month without contract or you can cancel your service.

The thing is that if you make contract for 12 months it renews for 12 months again automatically. If you don't cancel it one month before it ends, you are tied to one more year.

You are not tied after one year.

@1030 said:

I don't know German, but from what you posted here it should say, that after a year you will pay monthly - that's true, but the contract will be for a year. If you cancel it, you will have to pay for remaining months.

@1030 said:

Just checked my IONOS contracts once again - there isn't any periods mentioned there and perhaps you may be right, but last year I asked them about those contract terminations and the answer was exactly as I wrote above. I hate such uncertainties. Is it so hard to write exactly what you have and when it ends. And if you have any further obligations. That's basically the reason why I wouldn't ever do any serious business with such providers. I must know exactly all the terms, that constant pushing into cat - mice games shouldn't be an attitude of matured business towards customers. And the support at IONOS isn't brilliant, as I mentioned - sometimes they do what asked, but sometimes they can't give you an answer and forward to an infinite loop. Anyway, if that's 1€/month risk, let it be. If I need slightly more serious stuff, I look elsewhere.

• @vero said:

@1030 said:

Just checked my IONOS contracts once again - there isn't any periods mentioned there and perhaps you may be right, but last year I asked them about those contract terminations and the answer was exactly as I wrote above. I hate such uncertainties. Is it so hard to write exactly what you have and when it ends. And if you have any further obligations. That's basically the reason why I wouldn't ever do any serious business with such providers. I must know exactly all the terms, that constant pushing into cat - mice games shouldn't be an attitude of matured business towards customers. And the support at IONOS isn't brilliant, as I mentioned - sometimes they do what asked, but sometimes they can't give you an answer and forward to an infinite loop. Anyway, if that's 1€/month risk, let it be. If I need slightly more serious stuff, I look elsewhere.

It renews as 12 month contract. A bit confusing because they state the conditions of one and twelf month renewal in one section but it renews as 12 month if you had it as 12 month in your first year.

• 10301030 Member
    edited February 2021

@webcraft said:

@vero said:

@1030 said:

It renews as 12 month contract. A bit confusing because they state the conditions of one and twelf month renewal in one section but it renews as 12 month if you had it as 12 month in your first year.

Then cancel it if you think that you don't need it after 12 months? Common sense?

• @1030 said:

@webcraft said:

They cancel it if you think that you don't need it after 12 months? Common sense?

After 12 month?