Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a VPS in China
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a VPS in China

I am looking for a VPS in China from which I can browse the Chinese internet from the inside. I want to put a VPN on it, also there may be a proposal for a ready-made VPN, but I would prefer VPS.

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Search for 挂机宝. It's a Windows remote desktop that you can install programs on.

Thanked by 1Hotmarer
  • You can find NAT VPS for semi-reasonable prices: https://www.uovz.com/

International users have to sign up via ticket: https://www.uovz.com/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=8

I wouldn't recommend you do this unless you have some amount of knowledge of the language though...

• You could try Alibabacloud (1GB RAM and 1 dedicated IPv4 address for ~ USD7 +VAT if applicable) if you are OK with going through real name verification aka uploading your passport or similar ID.

• ApeWebApeWeb Member, Host Rep

Be aware that all mainland chinese providers will ask for id verification.

• I would recommend a vpn for this case. Bandwidth price of vps in china is pretty high. There are vpn providers dedicated to your user case, such as transocks.com and kuaifan.co

• is it true Chinese vps dont get attacked? especially bruteforce SSH login?

@creep said:
    is it true Chinese vps dont get attacked? especially bruteforce SSH login?

False. I had a Chinese dedicated server in 2008 and it got an ASP trojan horse uploaded via FTP.

If you want a VPS that doesn't get attacked, try IPv9 server from summer host. There's no IPv4 or IPv6, so that all existing attack tools will not work.

• @yoursunny said: If you want a VPS that doesn't get attacked, try IPv9 server from summer host. There's no IPv4 or IPv6, so that all existing attack tools will not work.

Is IPv4 Nat there?

@Hotmarer said:

@yoursunny said: If you want a VPS that doesn't get attacked, try IPv9 server from summer host. There's no IPv4 or IPv6, so that all existing attack tools will not work.

Is IPv4 Nat there?

There's no IPv4 and no NAT.
    It's only IPv9, which uses decimal addresses.
    You can reach other IPv9 networks including Santa's workshop in North Pole, International Space Station, and Matt Damon's hosting service on Mars.

• @yoursunny said:
    You can reach other IPv9 networks including Santa's workshop in North Pole, International Space Station, and Matt Damon's hosting service on Mars.

You haven't answered my ticket about SpaceX Starlink peering yet

• @jmgcaguicla said:

@yoursunny said:

Lowendsupport

• @1030 said:

@jmgcaguicla said:

@yoursunny said:

Lowendsupport

Right, imagine having IPv9 but not have sentient AI automatically answer tickets amirite?

• @jmgcaguicla said:

@1030 said:

@jmgcaguicla said:

@yoursunny said:

Lowendsupport

Right, imagine having IPv9 but not have sentient AI automatically answer tickets amirite?

He does have the AI answering tickets.
    We're just not evolved enough to be able to read them.

How does IPv9 relate to China, you ask?
    The Chinese invented IPv9 decimal network: http://www.edu.cn/html/info/ipv6/v9.shtml

My edition is slightly different. It's based on telephone switch instead of DNS.

@jmgcaguicla said:

I don't have a ticket system, so the ticket couldn't have existed.
    You can send your question to SpaceX with some dogecoins.

@1030 said:
    Lowendsupport

I can't double your bandwidth. In wireless communication, you want (1) high speed (2) low energy (3) long range, but physics says you can only have two of three.