Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fixing a slow wordpress site [Paid Job]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fixing a slow wordpress site [Paid Job]

armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

So as title says, i'm looking to increase the speed of one of my wordpress sites. It is badly coded, contains some plugins and probably unoptimized images around.

I'm not much familiar with wordpress, i'll be giving the link of the website through PM so you can check it yourself and probably use some online tool to analyze it. If you think you can increase the speed a lot[i'm sure you can as all analyzers say you're having problems on multiple places] i'll hire you on your quote to fix it.

CMS: Wordpress, Host: Shared Hosting

Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Comments

• One of the best thing I did to optimise a wordpress site was to make it a static website running wordpress at a different location.

• Wordpress/PHP by definition is meant to be slow, nothing to fix there.

• Can you please pm me the website's link so that I can have a look?

• Feel free to PM details and your budget for the same. Thanks

• DM me with the url and budget

• I've sent a pm to you

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

PM's sent, also there's an issue with the site when there are 2 admins logged in /wp-admin the site CPU's jumps in sky even without doing any action lading to the site extreemly slow/crash.

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited February 2021

increase php memory to 512MB
    And this in wp config
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
    And your host might also be a reason

• umiumi Member
    edited February 2021

If you have mostly static content you can indeed get super fast speeds by replacing usual php+mysql with reverse proxied prepacked static htmls. PM me for details.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

Save your money and choose one (or more) from the below solutions:
    1. Change your host or move from simple shared hosting to semi-dedicated plan.
    2. Use CDN.
    3. Apply these: https://www.danielmorell.com/guides/htaccess-seo/page-speed/speed-up-your-site

• Hi,

One of our customers had a similar problem. It solved its problem with WP Super Cache. For your information.

• @armandorg said:
    PM's sent, also there's an issue with the site when there are 2 admins logged in /wp-admin the site CPU's jumps in sky even without doing any action lading to the site extreemly slow/crash.

How many seconds does it take to load right now on avg? :)

• Hey man, i can definetly help out with this, and i definetly don't want/need any money for something like this. I do require some more details though, could you perhaps PM me with more details about the current hosting environment?

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

This is soo overpriced lol

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2021

@Ympker said:

@armandorg said:

First load 10-11 seconds mate

The site is now 100GB, and their maximum pricing is 10GB = 100$/monthly.

So 10x10=100=1000$/monthly.

So i need to pay 1000$/monthly for wordpress hosting? When i go crazy i'll make sure i buy that plan.

Thanked by 2Ympker Erisa
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@armandorg said: First load 10-11 seconds mate

I sent you a DM

• @armandorg said:

@Ympker said:

@armandorg said:

So i need to pay 1000$/monthly for wordpress hosting? When i go crazy i'll make sure i buy that plan.

Ouch. That really is some high load time. But a 100GB website? Sure you not wanna outsource some of the (media? I guess) to the likes of BunnyCDN. I can imagine this improving speed by a lot. I was gonna ask whether you can create a staging site of your website, or clone it, so I can have a look (free; not the time for paid work rn). Anyway, if you have a staging/cloned version of your website I can have a look at without possibly damaging the live site let me know in pm ;)

• @armandorg Most of the time when WP is slow is because the hosting is not enough or low quality. Make sure you have plenty of cores for the WP goodie!.

I have a WP that receive quite enough visits, specially when we do campaigns. I was hosting it on a Ryzen VPS, I must say it was super slow when it was busy, obviously one core shared Ryzen is not enough for it. Moved it to a reseller hosting I have from a high-end provider, problem solved. That thing flies and it makes sense since the reseller hosting has more access to cores and guaranteed RAM .

About your issue, my money is on the hosting environment not being enough or is probably low end.

Make sure you are running PHP 7.4 and compression is enable.

In terms of WP caching, "cache enabler " (plugin) from keycdn is one of the best if not the best. Mix that with autooptimize plugin (they are compatible, do the CSS and HTML minimization on autooptimize and not in cache enabler). Mix that with CloudFlare CDN (Free). If the provider is using litespeed, then dont use cache enabler and also don't use autooptimize, INSTEAD use LSCACHE AND Configure it correctly.

• Also check:

• opcache configuration, leave enough interned_strings_buffer and opcache.memory_limit

• check your shared hosts’ mysql performance with a php test script/query tester

• do you have caching plugins installed?

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • @armandorg

Not looking for money but happy to help. PM ing the link would be helpful start

Thanks

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2021

It could be anything, from bad host to loads of plugin or poorly coded theme. I have seen and worked on lots of WP sites those gets bloated over time and ultimately too slow. Not really interested in money but can check it out for you.

• @skorupion said:

This is soo overpriced lol

@armandorg said:

@Ympker said:

@armandorg said:

Dont purchase hosting . Only the speed optimization service