Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transfer server from KnownHost
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Transfer server from KnownHost

Hello
I have a dedicated server from KnownHost with a black Friday coupon of 35$ per month (from 70$)
Atlanta US
Renew at: Feb 27, 2021
Just looking for a decent amount of money for the days left and the Great discount

https://my.knownhost.com/order/config/index/atl-dedicated/?group_id=25&pricing_id=541&configoptions[152]=nocp&configoptions[172]=dual-xeon-e5-2630

I hope it is the right tag

Comments

• Putting this in Outages is an interesting choice.

• @zomby1 said: I hope it is the right tag

Who's going to tell him?

• knowhost allow transfers?

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited February 2021

@zomby1 said:
    Hello
    I have a dedicated server from KnownHost with a black Friday coupon of 35$ per month (from 70$)
    Atlanta US
    Renew at: Feb 27, 2021
    Just looking for a decent amount of money for the days left and the Great discount

https://my.knownhost.com/order/config/index/atl-dedicated/?group_id=25&pricing_id=541&configoptions[152]=nocp&configoptions[172]=dual-xeon-e5-2630

I hope it is the right tag

Name your price. Most people wouldn't consider <$20 "decent amount of money" so don't waste peoples time if you're expecting something stupid.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@donko said: knowhost allow transfers?

@jonathanspw

• jonathanspwjonathanspw Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said:

@donko said: knowhost allow transfers?

@jonathanspw

Yes. Process is new owner creates an acct and if all invoices related to the services are paid the existing owner can open a ticket requesting the service be moved to someone else's account.

Thanked by 1donko
  • I tried their server for 3 months so I can write the below review.

Pros
    1- Fast support, they replay so fast even if they don't fix the problem, but they have good keyboard writing skills.
    2- You have to open your email to use the link to login to the panel, that will remind you to open your email frequently and check it.
    3- You become a social man after talking with their support for days.

Cons
    1- Disk speed is very low and the disk itself is old
    2- Their os installer is just broken and don't work, I tried debian, ubuntu and centos.
    3- The kernel is outdated ( they told me that on the chat )
    4- one time the support told me they cannot provide such support to install an OS even if its ubuntu 20 and not a special os from the moon.
    5- The VNC is not even there, They have Java thing from World War I 1914, but its not even supported.

• @Jorbox said:

Isn't that a function of whatever OS install? Or am I missing something?

4- one time the support told me they cannot provide such support to install an OS even if its ubuntu 20 and not a special os from the moon.

It's an unmanaged service. I'm sure if you paid them for support they'd have helped you.

5- The VNC is not even there, They have Java thing from World War I 1914, but its not even supported.

So they have IPMI? Isn't that one of the more standard ways of putting an OS onto bare metal?

• @Jorbox said: and the disk itself is old

are you using hdd or ssd? my server is ssd and is not a very old disk...

Model Family: Intel S4510/S4610/S4500/S4600 Series SSDs
    Device Model: INTEL SSDSC2KB240G8
    https://pastebin.com/iQmsp0zC

anyway even hetzner can deliver you old disks like this one i have (from auction) with 74.000 hours
    https://pastebin.com/SizxNknd

• jhjh Member
    edited February 2021

$10

• @skorous said:

@Jorbox said:

Isn't that a function of whatever OS install? Or am I missing something?

Yes but I don't know how their system works!

It's an unmanaged service. I'm sure if you paid them for support they'd have helped you.

I agree but I don't ask to install a custom iso, I just wanted to install the os on the server I bought from their panel.

So they have IPMI? Isn't that one of the more standard ways of putting an OS onto bare metal?

Yes but its not working with most of the systems and browsers I think its still works netscape browser

• @donko said:

@Jorbox said: and the disk itself is old

are you using hdd or ssd? my server is ssd and is not a very old disk...

Model Family: Intel S4510/S4610/S4500/S4600 Series SSDs
    Device Model: INTEL SSDSC2KB240G8
    https://pastebin.com/iQmsp0zC

anyway even hetzner can deliver you old disks like this one i have (from auction) with 74.000 hours
    https://pastebin.com/SizxNknd

Hetzner auction are cheaper than the normal servers sold on their website and of course there are a reason for that,

The server I bought from them was HDD but they gave me SSD so I tried it and it was really slow, So I have asked them to change it to HDD and this was really slow.

• @zomby1 Until when is this discount valid? How much would you like for this server?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Jorbox said:
    I tried their server for 3 months so I can write the below review.

Pros
    1- Fast support, they replay so fast even if they don't fix the problem, but they have good keyboard writing skills.
    2- You have to open your email to use the link to login to the panel, that will remind you to open your email frequently and check it.

Cons
    2- Their os installer is just broken and don't work, I tried debian, ubuntu and centos.

Their NOC-PS is probably broken.
    @jonathanspw I can fix all the issues mentioned here if you need.

Thanked by 1Jorbox
  • Still available

@Jorbox said:
    I tried their server for 3 months so I can write the below review.

Pros

Cons

Cons
    1 - Got #s? Do you expect a brand new drive in a BUDGET server with old hardware?
    2 - It works just fine doing many reloads every day.
    3 - Um what? Install what you want?
    4 - We're happy to start an OS reload for you.
    5 - Again, BUDGET (OLD) hardware. You get what you pay for, bud.

Clearly some serious bias here.

Their NOC-PS is probably broken.
    @jonathanspw I can fix all the issues mentioned here if you need.

We don't use NOC-PS and all functions of our panel are fully working.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited February 2021

I have one of these with @jonathanspw , nothing but GOODNESS! I don't use the auto installer, I prefer to install the OS myself through their secured IPMI.

The way you describe the java console @Jorbox is enough to tells us you don't have much experience dealing with dedicated servers. That's standard procedure. If you want HTML5 VNC you need to buy a current gen or at least a server with a board not older than 3 years possibly. BTW not being rude, just my opinion or my perception.

If you want fancy stuff (btw I think their server control panel is super fancy) then the VPS market is what you should stick to. If you want bare metal performance, you got to bring in your skills or pay higher prices for a full managed.

Thanked by 2jonathanspw skorous