Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting at $3.50 | KVM | 4GB RAM | 4 Cores | 80GB SSD - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Starting at $3.50 | KVM | 4GB RAM | 4 Cores | 80GB SSD

Comments

• CrelingCreling Member
    edited January 2021

@brueggus said:

@Creling said:

Well, there is a big downward plunge on geekbench5 score compared with the result mentioned at lowendspirit (from 2264 to ~400 ), maybe I am on a busy node?

Meeeh... :(
    Has the performance improved in the meantime?

I run geekbench5 several times during the whole day.
    The max single-core score is 657 and the max multi-core score is 418. (yes, the multi-core score was lower than single-core score in almost all tests).

• Fwiw I'm cancelling mine and putting this shit in the rear view. Too many issues and I don't like his attitude.

• @Creling said:
    Well, there is a big downward plunge on geekbench5 score compared with the result mentioned at lowendspirit (from 2264 to ~400 ), maybe I am on a busy node?

@Creling said:
    I run geekbench5 several times during the whole day.
    The max single-core score is 657 and the max multi-core score is 418. (yes, the multi-core score was lower than single-core score in almost all tests).

Weird, mine still the same as before

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-12-07                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Fri 08 Jan 2021 08:20:53 AM CET

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel Core Processor (Haswell, no TSX, IBRS)
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 2499.996 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 3.8 GiB
    Swap       : 2.0 GiB
    Disk       : 76.7 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 88.72 MB/s   (22.1k) | 149.48 MB/s   (2.3k)
    Write      | 88.95 MB/s   (22.2k) | 150.27 MB/s   (2.3k)
    Total      | 177.67 MB/s  (44.4k) | 299.76 MB/s   (4.6k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 132.35 MB/s    (258) | 134.96 MB/s    (131)
    Write      | 139.38 MB/s    (272) | 143.95 MB/s    (140)
    Total      | 271.73 MB/s    (530) | 278.91 MB/s    (271)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | busy            | busy
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 84.9 Mbits/sec  | 90.8 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 87.9 Mbits/sec  | 91.0 Mbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 76.0 Mbits/sec  | 65.5 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 87.5 Mbits/sec  | 92.7 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 85.8 Mbits/sec  | 92.2 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | busy            | busy
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 84.8 Mbits/sec  | 89.5 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 659
    Multi Core      | 2293
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/5767407

• no debian 10 or ubuntu 20.4 LTS?

• @team_traitor said:
    no debian 10 or ubuntu 20.4 LTS?

They have it on the control panel, but not on the order page

• JioJio Member

I don't see any attitude here other than your inability to not use LET as a support desk.

• Two weeks on and I can say I have had a solid experience thus far considering what I paid for this service, had some weird licensing troubles but they were solved promptly by OP.

Not sure where the complaints regarding attitude are coming from as I have not experienced that at all.

• LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

@lokuzard said:
    @LittleCreek not so important question, so I'll ask here instead of opening a ticket.
    When I ordered, I chose DA and Centos 7 with DA for the template, everything worked fine, but would I be able to reinstall in the future (using the same template, Centos 7 with DA) and the license will be auto applied?
    Also, would it be possible to use the client ID, license ID and the license.key file to activate DA if I reinstall another OS, like Debian or Ubuntu?

Yes. Any time you reinstall the CentOS 7 with DA template DA is automatically activated. There is a command that runs when booted to do that.

If you want to use it with another OS you have to let me know because I have to make a change on the DA web site to do that. I would need to know the OS name and version.

Thanked by 1lokuzard

@its420somewhere said:
    Fwiw I'm cancelling mine and putting this shit in the rear view. Too many issues and I don't like his attitude.

I am sorry to hear that. I don't know what the specific issues were but I am happy to refund anybody who is not satisfied.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

got mine today, havent gotten to testing it but support has been very fast, at around 30 minutes until response. a bit annoying that all of their emails go to spam though.

• @bruh21 said:
    got mine today, havent gotten to testing it but support has been very fast, at around 30 minutes until response. a bit annoying that all of their emails go to spam though.

That could happen to any other provider tho. I remember the other day ProtonMail just dumped all emails from HostSolutions to spam folder

• Picked up a LET KVM-1 Double today about 3 hours ago for my daughter to host a blog on it. Everything was quick getting it after ordering, however wanted to use Ubuntu so I tried to reload the OS from the client area. Alas that failed. Been waiting on support to reply.

From what I was able to test of the original OS on the VPS, it seemed quick, and was only held back by the 100 MB port.

Hope to get back on the VPS soon, but it seems like a good deal for the price.

• ‘Shitcreek’

@Nekki said:
    ‘Shitcreek’

Sorry you feel that way.

@its420somewhere said:
    Not bad! I got the kvm-2 plan a few days back, seems to be okay except for a random reboot/shutdown every now and then which I'm yet to investigate.

I got the reboot problem fixed.

• @LittleCreek said:

@Nekki said:
    ‘Shitcreek’

Sorry you feel that way.

Any relation to Alanis?

@Nekki said:

@LittleCreek said:

@Nekki said:
    ‘Shitcreek’

Sorry you feel that way.

Any relation to Alanis?

I wish. Maybe I wouldn't have to work for a living.

• @LittleCreek said:

@Nekki said:

@LittleCreek said:

@Nekki said:
    ‘Shitcreek’

Sorry you feel that way.

Any relation to Alanis?

I wish. Maybe I wouldn't have to work for a living.

Nah, she sounds like a bitch, I doubt she’d give you anything unless you were her husband, even then it wouldn’t be enough because she looks a lot like a horse.

@hotsnow said:

@aRNoLD said:
    120G at $7/month, it is assumed to be SSD or HDD, not NVMe

the Geekbench v5 score is quite excellent

seems the network is 100M :'(

I just wanted to mention that I do have 1 gbps now but I need to upgrade the router interfaces. I will probably just replace the router. I am trying to get that done in the next couple of weeks.

Thanked by 1bark
  • Hey I just check what's your response time

• @LittleCreek said:

@hotsnow said:

@aRNoLD said:

I just wanted to mention that I do have 1 gbps now but I need to upgrade the router interfaces. I will probably just replace the router. I am trying to get that done in the next couple of weeks.

This is a game-changer Gigabit!!!

• @LittleCreek said:

@hotsnow said:

@aRNoLD said:

Do we get free gigabit speed? 😃

Thanked by 1tailaqumos
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ServerNotFound said:

@LittleCreek said:

@hotsnow said:

@aRNoLD said:

Will the new router support IPv6? :smirk:

@brueggus said:

@ServerNotFound said:

@LittleCreek said:

@hotsnow said:

@aRNoLD said:

Will the new router support IPv6? :smirk:

The router has never been the problem. Its a linux router. The problem is the data center does not have ipv6 support yet.

As far as the gbps speed I will have to keep an eye on the usage. I don't have unlimited gbps. Its there mainly for spikes. Its not available for sustained use. I may have to place limits. I don't know yet until I try it.

I just wanted to update you on the progress. I am replacing the router on Thursday of this week which should give me gbps speed, again for bursts only. It will also support ipv6 and I have been given a /48 so I should be able to distribute /64 to clients.

I also have a new server coming in the next couple of weeks which will have nvme drives so I look forward to that. I am going to move the recent signups to this new server and it should have plenty of room for more. When everything gets finalized and put in place I will submit a new ad explaining everything.

• Congratulations my dude!

• @LittleCreek said:

@its420somewhere said:
    Not bad! I got the kvm-2 plan a few days back, seems to be okay except for a random reboot/shutdown every now and then which I'm yet to investigate.

I got the reboot problem fixed.

Okay, I just signed up again, thanks for looking at that and being proactive in fixing it. I'm sorry I was having an extreme case of PMS in your thread. I've come to learn that a kernel I was using may have caused my issues and I blamed you very very prematurely, and for that I apologize.

Will play with the VPS when I get the chance, it's a great deal so I'd love for it to be a happily ever after!

Thanked by 1drunkendog

@its420somewhere said:
    Okay, I just signed up again, thanks for looking at that and being proactive in fixing it. I'm sorry I was having an extreme case of PMS in your thread. I've come to learn that a kernel I was using may have caused my issues and I blamed you very very prematurely, and for that I apologize.

Will play with the VPS when I get the chance, it's a great deal so I'd love for it to be a happily ever after!

Likely it was a memory problem. I added more ram and everything has been working fine since. But I think I am getting close the that limit again so I am anxiously awaiting the server which has more ram.

Thanked by 1its420somewhere
  • What is the difference between regular KVM and Virtuozzo KVM?