Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

🥂🍾 ** NEW YEAR OFFERS ** 2GB RAM, 1CPU, 30 GB NVMe, KVM - 20€/year *** 4,6,8,16 GB RAM *** - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

🥂🍾 ** NEW YEAR OFFERS ** 2GB RAM, 1CPU, 30 GB NVMe, KVM - 20€/year *** 4,6,8,16 GB RAM ***

Comments

• @naranjatech said: Yes it’s in Dronten! After you have used all bandwidth you will be limited to 10 mbit.

That's good news, thank you! :)

Thanked by 1naranjatech
  • If you pay for one year, the validity period is calculated from the day of payment. Will you make corresponding adjustment later? Otherwise, the time of payment for one year is actually less than one year

• naranjatechnaranjatech Member, Patron Provider

@zj5_ said:
    If you pay for one year, the validity period is calculated from the day of payment. Will you make corresponding adjustment later? Otherwise, the time of payment for one year is actually less than one year

Yes we will do this when we provision the VM

I am sorry to inform you that the new nodes haven't been delivered yet and that there seems to be a delay due to a component shortage (probably the NVMe SSDs). Supermicro is not very informative about it and they can't give an ETA at this moment. I will keep you update if and when I get new information. Hope they will ship soon!

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@naranjatech said:
    I am sorry to inform you that the new nodes haven't been delivered yet and that there seems to be a delay due to a component shortage (probably the NVMe SSDs). Supermicro is not very informative about it and they can't give an ETA at this moment. I will keep you update if and when I get new information. Hope they will ship soon!

Even though I've not ordered this but it's always good to see when someone provides updates on the current status just because it's the right thing to do 👍🏼

• It's too long to wait any more. Can you refund me please?
    Invoice #300448
    Ticket #910048

• @Panit said:
    It's too long to wait any more. Can you refund me please?
    Invoice #300448
    Ticket #910048

Yes, it's a little long. There's no specific deadline yet

• @zj5_ said:

@Panit said:
    It's too long to wait any more. Can you refund me please?
    Invoice #300448
    Ticket #910048

Yes, it's a little long. There's no specific deadline yet

It's not just a little long for me.
    I place order on 2021 new year promotion. I's more than a month now.
    The annual subscription is runout more than months now.

And until now without any responded form naranja.tech. Including without auto confirm email for support ticket too.
    :'( :'( :'(

@Panit @zj5_ and everybody else that has ordered, hereby a status update.

These NVMe nodes are built by Supermicro in the USA. This is in contrast to the "normal SSD systems", these can be built by ourself by ordering off the shelve components, and not everything needs to be sourced from Supermicro (like COU, RAM, SSDs).

In the afternoon of Wednesday February 3rd we have received notification that the built process had been completed. From there they are shipped to Supermicro (EMEA Headquarters) in the Netherlands. We're eagerly awaiting the call to schedule the pickup (due to Corona regulations we can't attend without an appointment). If everything goes as we would expect from here on we should have the nodes in our possession by Tuesday or Wednesday (9/10 February). Then we will need to setup the nodes, do some testing and install them in the datacenter. So if everything goes according to the above we should have them operational by Saturday the 13th of February.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @naranjatech said:
    @Panit @zj5_ and everybody else that has ordered, hereby a status update.

These NVMe nodes are built by Supermicro in the USA. This is in contrast to the "normal SSD systems", these can be built by ourself by ordering off the shelve components, and not everything needs to be sourced from Supermicro (like COU, RAM, SSDs).

In the afternoon of Wednesday February 3rd we have received notification that the built process had been completed. From there they are shipped to Supermicro (EMEA Headquarters) in the Netherlands. We're eagerly awaiting the call to schedule the pickup (due to Corona regulations we can't attend without an appointment). If everything goes as we would expect from here on we should have the nodes in our possession by Tuesday or Wednesday (9/10 February). Then we will need to setup the nodes, do some testing and install them in the datacenter. So if everything goes according to the above we should have them operational by Saturday the 13th of February.

13th is far form "beginning of February"

@Panit said:

If we would have been able to deploy the VMs today I would have still considered it to be in line with "beginning of February". So we're talking about a one week delay... We have informed about a delay on the 30th of January (as soon as it was communicated to us by Supermicro). If we're unable to deploy on the 13th of February we will honour any refund request we receive.

Again sorry for the delay, it sometimes happens when there are supply constraints.

• ErisaErisa Member
    edited February 2021

@naranjatech said: If we're unable to deploy on the 13th of February we will honour any refund request we receive.

Why not just honour them now? Not everyone wants to (or can) wait that long, maybe they've found something else and no longer need the service in the meantime.
    Delays happen, but if someone requests a refund during the delayed period (Or after it's been announced) I believe they should be entitled to it. Same for any yet undelivered product.

Thanked by 1Panit

@Erisa said:

@naranjatech said: If we're unable to deploy on the 13th of February we will honour any refund request we receive.

Why not just honour them now? Not everyone wants to (or can) wait that long, maybe they've found something else and no longer need the service in the meantime.
    Delays happen, but if someone requests a refund during the delayed period (Or after it's been announced) I believe they should be entitled to it. Same for any yet undelivered product.

That would have been the case if we wouldn't have had a clear refund policy which was clearly stated with the offer.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • @naranjatech said:

@Erisa said:

That would have been the case if we wouldn't have had a clear refund policy which was clearly stated with the offer.

I understand your policy I just don't understand why it is what it is, most companies allow cancellation of undelivered orders without complaint since yknow nothing has actually arrived to show for the money yet.
    You allow 1 day refund from the point of provisioning so you're operating on the assumption that a user will notice its arrived within that time and remember to refund it, which could happen but I think is quite unlikely. In the case of delays you might as well just extend it backwards so they can cancel before its even been delivered, so much simpler.
    But it appears that's not the case and your customers it seems have agreed to that (I haven't ordered, I see it mentioned there)

That said it's not any of my business, I'm just some random commenter on the internet. Best of luck with your business.

Thanked by 1Panit
  • ^ Cash flow?

• @naranjatech said:

@Panit said:

If we would have been able to deploy the VMs today I would have still considered it to be in line with "beginning of February". So we're talking about a one week delay... We have informed about a delay on the 30th of January (as soon as it was communicated to us by Supermicro). If we're unable to deploy on the 13th of February we will honour any refund request we receive.

Again sorry for the delay, it sometimes happens when there are supply constraints.

Hold on your policy. This will show what is your business stand for.
    I believe this LowEndTalk members can make their own decision about you.

For me. I have made my decision,
    Goodluck for your First impression.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited February 2021

@naranjatech said: We want to give everybody who isn't in a hurry to use there new VM the option to order it now, and we will deploy them as soon as we have received our new nodes by the end of January or beginning of February.
    Our REFUND POLICY goes into effect as soon as the VMs have been deployed, not beforehand!

Nothing against you @Panit but the terms were very clear and delays in pre-orders are the norm, not the exception around here. I only say this so you can judge if you want to stay away from pre-orders to avoid future disappointment. Personally I really like my Naranja Tech servers and would consider it easily worth an extra week or two wait.
    EDIT: Your billing year start date will be reset to the date the server is actually deployed.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

He thought it would be like pre-ordering an iPhone.

Thanked by 1naranjatech

@Panit said:

@naranjatech said:

@Panit said:

@Panit said: make

I would have never thought to do preorders if @FAT32 wouldn’t have suggested it as he wanted me to enter in the New Years offer thread... I don’t think I will do this again!

Thanked by 1Aractus
  • notarobonotarobo Member
    edited February 2021

@naranjatech said:

@Panit said:

@naranjatech said:

@Panit said:

@Panit said: make

I would have never thought to do preorders if @FAT32 wouldn’t have suggested it as he wanted me to enter in the New Years offer thread... I don’t think I will do this again!

relax. @Panit only join for cheap BF instant deal. I propose he get refund, baned from you system, make 20% more off and sell to me.

• I'd like to order a VPS from what I can see you're still accepting orders for these products is that correct? Interested in KVM-NVME-2GB.

Thanks!

@Aractus said:
    I'd like to order a VPS from what I can see you're still accepting orders for these products is that correct? Interested in KVM-NVME-2GB.

Thanks!

That's correct! Please go ahead and order.

Thanked by 1Aractus

@all We still haven't received the call to schedule the pickup from Supermicro. Nothing seems to go as expected these days... I don't know if the bad weather in The Netherlands has had any influence or it's just Corona related... I will keep you updated as soon as we have more information. As said before: If we're unable to deploy on the 13th of February we will honour any refund request we receive.

Thanked by 1xaoc
  • The weather is bad in The Netherlands... About 20 / 30 cm and the whole country is dead... For the last few days almost no trains.

Thanked by 1naranjatech

@all We still haven't received the servers. We do know the servers are in The Netherlands and Supermicro has given us notice that we will receive the call to schedule the pickup in the next few working days. As said before, we will honour any refund request we receive starting today. But we hope you can "hang in there" with us a bit more.

Thanked by 2Erisa Falzo
  • I have been waiting for so many days, and I don't care about waiting for another few days. Due to the weather and other objective reasons, I can't help it. I hope it can be as soon as possible

Thanked by 1naranjatech
  • @naranjatech said:
    But we hope you can "hang in there" with us a bit more.

What I'm now considering instead is, should I still get on board now, despite I've already purchased many VPSes since last BF....

• I've joined @naranjatech this blackfriday too and so far the network has been great. I'd definitely give them a try.

Thanked by 1naranjatech
  • received mine in Janauary. pretty solid so far

Thanked by 1naranjatech
  • ChocowebChocoweb Member
    edited February 2021

Sorry, removed :)