Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kingmailer as MailChannels alternative?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kingmailer as MailChannels alternative?

Does anyone have any experience with using Kingmailer from https://kingmailer.co/mailchannels-alternative/ as an alternative to MailChannels?

The control panel looks nice and their pricing seems reasonable - anyone tried it yet?

Comments

• 5,000 = $12 ?
    https://kingmailer.co/pricing/

I think that's expensive. Also that's the only limit. You need to get a quote if you want more. Also they don't allow bulk/marketing emails.

You cannot compare mailchannels to this one.

Also maybe they should update their entire site as content maybe be already old.

• kingmailer website looks very poor.

• Form the website:
    FAQ
    How are emails filtered?
    Our email servers have built-in SpamAssassin technology, the #1 open source email spam filter.

Is it really #1?

• @laoban said:
    Form the website:
    FAQ
    How are emails filtered?
    Our email servers have built-in SpamAssassin technology, the #1 open source email spam filter.

Is it really #1?

I remember it being the number one..... vaguely.... sometime in the 90's

• Hold on hold on... But how about mail baby?

• MailChannels CEO here. If you guys are looking for a cheaper plan option, please just reach out to us via our sales form. We have off-book plans for little guys. We don't want to leave you out in the cold. You can feel free to PM me on LET as well and I'll help you out.

• Also, Kingmailer didn't get their facts right. We do not use SpamAssassin. Secondly, their assertion that "Email gets sent to the junk folder inappropriately" is not backed up with facts. I have written to Kingmailer to request some corrections.

Thanked by 2jar kkrajk
  • @LTniger said:
    Hold on hold on... But how about mail baby?

Mail Baby uses MailChannels:

% host -t txt relay.mailbaby.net.
    relay.mailbaby.net descriptive text "v=spf1 ... include:spf1.mailchannels.net include:spf2.mailchannels.net include:spf3.mailchannels.net ~all"

As mentioned above, if you are a tiny hoster and you need a deal, please PM me and I'll help you out.

• @mc_ksimpson said:
    MailChannels CEO here. If you guys are looking for a cheaper plan option, please just reach out to us via our sales form. We have off-book plans for little guys. We don't want to leave you out in the cold. You can feel free to PM me on LET as well and I'll help you out.

Are you able to provide a price range cheaper than mail.baby with such small frequency/limits? ($1/month 20 cents / 1k mails)

• @mc_ksimpson said:
    MailChannels CEO here. If you guys are looking for a cheaper plan option, please just reach out to us via our sales form. We have off-book plans for little guys. We don't want to leave you out in the cold. You can feel free to PM me on LET as well and I'll help you out.

Any reason you don't already have those listed? I imagine those "little guys" would be more willing to get involved with the product if there was a small "starter" plan that they could launch from without significant up-front investment.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2021

@mc_ksimpson said: their assertion that "Email gets sent to the junk folder inappropriately" is not backed up with facts

I absolutely dispute this notion that an email provider with even remotely clean IP reputation is the cause of emails landing in spam folders. I've heard it said about MC, I've heard it said about MXroute, and all other mail providers. Some go as far as to claim "With provider X it landed in spam, and with provider Y it didn't." I propose that their DNS was poorly configured with one and then properly with the next, or that the result of a dice roll caused the appearance of a correlation.

While it's certainly plausible that I'm wrong, evidence is always theoretical.

• Hi all,

As a small startup I did feel flattered receiving a comment by the CEO of MailChannels, I have updated the information on the page, I apologize for any inconvenience.

I have also taken the feedback provided here, and updated/added more info on that page and some other pages, including the pricing on the site.

• Regarding SpamAssassin, > @chip said:

@laoban said:
    Form the website:
    FAQ
    How are emails filtered?

Is it really #1?

I remember it being the number one..... vaguely.... sometime in the 90's

SpamAssassin, an open source project, is pretty good actually, has saved my servers many times from sending spam emails (and potentially getting black listed), also some popular tools like Mail-tester, to test the "spammy-ness" of your emails work with SpamAssassin, it helps a lot when troubleshooting emails.

• @cazrz said:
    5,000 = $12 ?

I think that's expensive. Also that's the only limit. You need to get a quote if you want more. Also they don't allow bulk/marketing emails.

Also maybe they should update their entire site as content maybe be already old.

Most of the prices are around $1 per 1.000 emails if you pay annually. (for example 10,000 emails per month, costs $119 p/year).

• @mhosting_in said:
    kingmailer website looks very poor.

Okay we sad to hear this, the current layout is build wit TwentyTwenty One template from WordPress and we do have a mobile-first approach

I personally love this template :/

https://wordpress.org/themes/twentytwentyone/

• @navinp said:

@cazrz said:
    5,000 = $12 ?

Most of the prices are around $1 per 1.000 emails if you pay annually. (for example 10,000 emails per month, costs $119 p/year).

Still very expensive even if you make it monthly and you are asking annual. I think its more expensive than mailchannels. You also dont allow bulk/marketing/newsletter iirc.

• @cazrz said:

@navinp said:

@cazrz said:
    5,000 = $12 ?

Still very expensive even if you make it monthly and you are asking annual. I think its more expensive than mailchannels. You also dont allow bulk/marketing/newsletter iirc.

Paying monthly is no problem at all. We can arrange this. Hit me up.

No, we don’t support bulk marketing at the moment, maybe in the future.

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited February 2021

@mc_ksimpson said:

@LTniger said:

relay.mailbaby.net descriptive text "v=spf1 ... include:spf1.mailchannels.net include:spf2.mailchannels.net include:spf3.mailchannels.net ~all"

As mentioned above, if you are a tiny hoster and you need a deal, please PM me and I'll help you out.

I've emailed MC before about getting a deal and was told you don't go under $100/m, which for a small guy, is obviously not very small. Can you elaborate here on what your best pricing actually is? There's some of us that want the MC premiumness, to send 5 emails a month and not have to pay for 100K emails a month.

• @tester4 said:

@mc_ksimpson said:

@LTniger said:

I've emailed MC before about getting a deal and was told you don't go under $100/m, which for a small guy, is obviously not very small. Can you elaborate here on what your best pricing actually is? There's some of us that want the MC premiumness, to send 5 emails a month and not have to pay for 100K emails a month.

I second this question above.

• @navinp said:

@cazrz said:

@navinp said:

@cazrz said:
    5,000 = $12 ?

Paying monthly is no problem at all. We can arrange this. Hit me up.

No, we don’t support bulk marketing at the moment, maybe in the future.

still expensive

mail.baby is 20 cents per thousand and only $1 monthly commitment.

• @t0ny0 said:

@tester4 said:

@mc_ksimpson said:

@LTniger said:

We drop MC last year Oct as their premiumness went downhill. At first it was doing great, but we noticed last year that a lot of false positive. Then they rely on you or your users to manually report it through their report link.

As for pricing I hate that they keep changing price. Its a bait and switch. From mxroute to mailchannels, from $10 to hundreds per month.

MC is not for small guys. Its not even for us even if we send millions per month. But still we are still considering MC as backup relay via mail.baby

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited February 2021

@cazrz said:

@t0ny0 said:

@tester4 said:

@mc_ksimpson said:

@LTniger said:

We drop MC last year Oct as their premiumness went downhill. At first it was doing great, but we noticed last year that a lot of false positive. Then they rely on you or your users to manually report it through their report link.

As for pricing I hate that they keep changing price. Its a bait and switch. From mxroute to mailchannels, from $10 to hundreds per month.

MC is not for small guys. Its not even for us even if we send millions per month. But still we are still considering MC as backup relay via mail.baby

We are building a solution that will relay to their smtp relay servers. MailChannels is pretty good.

• @MikePT said:

@cazrz said:

@t0ny0 said:

@tester4 said:

@mc_ksimpson said:

@LTniger said:

We are building a solution that will relay to their smtp relay servers. MailChannels is pretty good. I feel sad that they no longer allow resellers though. We had many small guys there and we were growing a lot.

Same thing they will do again and again to resellers, and maybe they will also do it to mail.baby unless they have special terms/conditions/contract. Else it will just end up again to buy/acquire and switch. Poor small guys.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited February 2021

Edit, delete

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited February 2021

Removed cause @MikePT said so <3

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @MikePT said:

@cazrz said:

@MikePT said:

@cazrz said:

@t0ny0 said:

@tester4 said:

@mc_ksimpson said:

@LTniger said:

We are building a solution that will relay to their smtp relay servers. MailChannels is pretty good. I feel sad that they no longer allow resellers though. We had many small guys there and we were growing a lot.

Same thing they will do again and again to resellers, and maybe they will also do it to mail.baby unless they have special terms/conditions/contract. Else it will just end up again to buy/acquire and switch. Poor small guys.

I asked @mc_ksimpson if it's allowed. I can't see why it wouldn't be. I intend to build our solution using MailChannels to relay. Basically what mail baby does
    @mc_ksimpson could you please clarify?

It is allowed to relay just like how mail.baby does it. We did it also before. I just got tired when they started marking a lot of the emails as spam recently after years of using MC. Then the ever changing price hike. That's why Im only considering mail.baby as 2nd backup only.

• edited February 2021

So it's like a hosted Postal solution?
    Those screenshots definitely look like Postal

(BTW it's been abandoned since atechmedia was acquired by Krystal)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@George_Fusioned said:

That was my fear and why I never pushed near to pulling the trigger.

But if anyone has in house devs capable of supporting it, it's potentially a valuable asset.

• Yeah it looked like a nice piece of software. Too bad it didn't get the proper attention.

• @George_Fusioned said:

Listed as https://kingmailer.co/open-source/ - maybe we'll see a fork soon