Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH phone support and resposobility are bad
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH phone support and resposobility are bad

So basically on 16.01.2021, I've placed an order at OVH.

They have requested me to send them ID to verify myself, so I've done that, but I've totally forgotten that they are slow and billing dep is not working on weekdays, so I got the server from a reseller.

After that, I've placed a ticket where I've requested to not deploy server and refund me the paid amount as the server was not delivered at all.

On 18.01.2021 I've made a call to speed up the process, so the OVH billing dep. the worker told me that they will pass the info and server won't be deployed so I will get the refund.

Ticket: https://prnt.sc/y6f7fm

As OVH support mentioned that it can take up to 9-14 days(I've paid via CC).

Currently have been passed 16 days and nothing has happened.

So I just went to check, the money was debited from the account I went to the email and control panel and what I see, that the server has been deployed on 25.01.2021, so literary after week from my call and ticket: https://prnt.sc/y6fifr

How to call OVH in this situation? I made everything from my side currently and they just deployed and charged me for a server which even I haven't used and requested to cancel my order.

Do you think they will refund me? Well, they should.

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited February 2021

They will, eventually.

But you've made a stupid mistake. Placing a first order, thus requiring verification, and then asking to cancel and refund ...

Those are too much for the workers at OVH. They are French.

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2021

Back when I had systems with OVH their phone support was great, way better than ticket support (if the server is having an issue). Their billing team does not work weekends but are in during normal business hours on weekdays. I don't see it mentioned here if you had a ticket in with billing, but I would say try that.
    Hopefully you get it resolved.

• @Ian_Dot_Tech said:
    Back when I had systems with OVH their phone support was great, way better than ticket support (if the server is having an issue). Their billing team does not work weekends but are in during normal business hours on weekdays. I don't see it mentioned here if you had a ticket in with billing, but I would say try that.

After i got the server from a reseller, i instantly have opened a ticket(you can see the date on screenshot) and on Monday (18.01) i made a call but seems something went wrong and my order didn't get cancelled and I haven't been refunded.

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

@CalmDown said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

After i got the server from a reseller, i instantly have opened a ticket(you can see the date on screenshot) and on Monday (18.01) i made a call but seems something went wrong and my order didn't get cancelled and I haven't been refunded.

Yeah, I was saying I didn't see it mentioned if it was specifically opened in the billing department or just general support.

• You just need to calm down.

• @Ian_Dot_Tech said:

@CalmDown said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

Yeah, I was saying I didn't see it mentioned if it was specifically opened in the billing department or just general support.

Yep, it was in billing dep.

• @angstrom said:
    You just need to calm down.

Perhaps you need more rage.

• @Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

Hi @Nekki, good to see you around again.

But you may have missed the point of my post! (It's okay.)

• @angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

I believe you have missed the point of my post (which is not okay).

• @Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

Okay, I see. I guess that I underestimated you. :)

• @angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

I doubt it, I fell off my roof last week and not all the things I type are right now. You’re correct to be aroused by me.

• @Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

I doubt it, I fell off my roof last week and not all the things I type are right now. You’re correct to be aroused by me.

Either I saw your point as you intended it, or I saw a point that you didn't intend. I'm not sure that we'll ever know for sure which of these two is correct.

• @angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

Either I saw your point as you intended it, or I saw a point that you didn't intend. I'm not sure that we'll ever know for sure which of these two is correct.

All I know is I’m rock-hard right now.

• @Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

My sense is that you've been hard for years now. Age hasn't yet taken a toll?

• @angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

It ridiculous frankly, working from home permanently I don’t even have to try to not have an erection at work anymore, so I’m solid for the majority of the day. I assume the constant blood-flow to my chap will cause heart problems and I will be found dead at the computer coated in my own dried spaff.

• @Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

It ridiculous frankly, working from home permanently I don’t even have to try to not have an erection at work anymore, so I’m solid for the majority of the day. I assume the constant blood-flow to my chap will cause heart problems and I will be found dead at the computer coated in my own dried spaff.

You're funny.

But, hey, if it's still functioning so well after all of these years, I guess that you should run with it, and all the better if age hasn't yet affected it.

• @angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

You're funny.

But, hey, if it's still functioning so well after all of these years, I guess that you should run with it, and all the better if age hasn't yet affected it.

I think I’m having a mid-life crisis which means everything gives me mega-wood for no obvious reason. I’m not allowed to have my web-cam turned on for work calls because of an incident HR won’t let me discuss anymore, so there’s literally nothing stopping me behaving like a beast when I get bored typing emails and putting hidden messages into spreadsheets.

• @Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

You're funny.

I think I’m having a mid-life crisis which means everything gives me mega-wood for no obvious reason. I’m not allowed to have my web-cam turned on for work calls because of an incident HR won’t let me discuss anymore, so there’s literally nothing stopping me behaving like a beast when I get bored typing emails and putting hidden messages into spreadsheets.

It can't be emphasized enough how careful one needs to be with webcams. I only use one if absolutely necessary.

• @angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

You're funny.

It can't be emphasized enough how careful one needs to be with webcams. I only use one if absolutely necessary.

Yup, learned that the hard way. Luckily the only female in my team is very, very understanding otherwise I think I would have gone to prison, where I would probably have got COVID from a bum-rape.

• bum-rape.

Kind of funny how this thread went wayyyy off track and then neatly folded back into the original topic.

My advice to the OP woud be file a dispute with your CC company and remember that you can't reason with the French.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • It was debited from your account but is it just an pre-authorization/hold on your account? Did you call and ask your bank about the transaction?

If it's just a pre-authorization like they said on that screenshot of the ticket, not a charge, your funds will be released by your issuing bank by their timeframe, not OVH's.

• @Edmond said:
    If it's just a pre-authorization like they said on that screenshot of the ticket, not a charge, your funds will be released by your issuing bank by their timeframe, not OVH's.

No it won't happen , because the server is already delivered so , no refund !

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

Same issue happened to me. I think its because I purchased from a different state, was on holiday and needed to restock plans and ordered a server & IPs.

They requested docs on Dec 28 2020, and they still haven't processed it yet.

Got the server, but IPs have been on "Document Validation" Hold. Been paying for the server for 2 months and haven't been able to use it. Phone support is useless, they just told me to make a ticket, and can't cancel that server because I signed the commitment for 12 months.

Had to move off to a buddy of mines account. I like their servers & locations, but this is out of hand.

• OVH is unmitigated catastrophe. I wrote them as much in clear language. They could not refute me.