Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RBL lists email addresses (spam traps)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RBL lists email addresses (spam traps)

Hello,
I am looking for as many RBL spam traps email addresses as possible.
Do you know any?

PS. Yes, I know this is a very stupid question.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Yikes. I know a few and it's a secret I guard closely. If someone is giving them out, they're not going to be good for long.

• @jar said:
    Yikes. I know a few and it's a secret I guard closely. If someone is giving them out, they're not going to be good for long.

But there are also those publicly known, such as on the pages of RBL lists in the footer.

• Generally these are not known to prevent list washing - but some are there just for basic bot scrapers that are public. Here is one: ' [email protected] '

source : http://www.uceprotect.net/en/index.php?m=8&s=0

Thanked by 1Hotmarer
  • I have a somewhat related question. How can I inject some email addresses into spammers' mail lists?

• @chihcherng Why would you want to do such a thing? To harass the person with the email you want to inject?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@chihcherng said:
    I have a somewhat related question. How can I inject some email addresses into spammers' mail lists?

I used to call it "mail bomb" but these days I don't think you want to google that string.

• @Unbelievable said:
    @chihcherng Why would you want to do such a thing?

I used to detect malware-infected computers with greylisting. For this to work, spammers have to send their spam to mail domains under my control. It's not easy since I don't know how spammers build their mail lists.

• @Unbelievable said:
    @chihcherng Why would you want to do such a thing? To harass the person with the email you want to inject?

its called a "Honeypot"

eg https://www.projecthoneypot.org/ does that on a larger scale.

• alwyzonalwyzon Member, Host Rep

@Hotmarer said: (...)

If you could just look them up in a list, spammers could do that as well. It doesn‘t work that way. ;)

@chihcherng said: (...)

Many seem to just scrap websites and stuff like that for email addresses. (Often with simple regexes.) So, posting that honeypot email somewhere public is probably your best bet.