Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help in GoogleCode
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need help in GoogleCode

Hello everyone!

I have a problem.When i wget http://xxx.googlecode.com
will Error 403.
Use 8.8.8.8 DNS,and the same in my other VPS is OK.

Comments

• can you paste the resolver file just for the lulz?

• DylanDylan Member
    edited September 2013

If you run wget with the debug argument (wget -d http://url) what specific error message do you get? Is it "Request not allowed from your country That's all we know"?

• Still 403 ERROR

• WorldWorld Veteran
    edited September 2013

@Dylan said:
    If you run wget with the debug argument (wget -d http://url) what specific error message do you get? Is it "Request not allowed from your country That's all we know"?

Caching ****.googlecode.com => 173.194.70.82 2a00:1450:4001:c02::52
    Connecting to ****.googlecode.com|173.194.70.82|:80... 已连接。
    Created socket 3.
    Releasing 0x087e7670 (new refcount 1).

---request begin---
    GET /files/llsmp0.6_centos.tar.gz HTTP/1.0
    User-Agent: Wget/1.11.4 Red Hat modified
    Accept: /
    Host: **.googlecode.com
    Connection: Keep-Alive

---request end---
    已发出 HTTP 请求,正在等待回应...
    ---response begin---
    HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden
    Content-Length: 934
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
    Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 10:56:01 GMT
    Server: GFE/2.0
    Alternate-Protocol: 80:quic
    Connection: Keep-Alive

---response end---
    403 Forbidden
    Registered socket 3 for persistent reuse.
    Skipping 934 bytes of body: [<!DOCTYPE html>

Error 403 (Request not allowed from your country)!!1

*{margin:0;padding:0}html,code{font:15px/22px arial,sans-serif}html{background:#fff;color:#222;padding:15px}body{margin:7% auto 0;max-width:390px;min-height:180px;padding:30px 0 15px}* > body{background:url(//www.google.com/images/errors/robot.png) 100% 5px no-repeat;padding-right:205px}p{margin:11px 0 22px;overflow:hidden}ins{color:#777;text-decoration:none}a img{border:0}@media screen and (max-width:772px){body{background:none;margin-top:0;max-width:none;padding-right:0}}

Google

<

p>403. That’s an error.

<

p>Request not allowed from your country That’s all we know.
    ] done.
    2013-09-10 06:56:25 错误 403:Forbidden。

My VPS is in Bluevm Zurich.

• I suspected that's what it was since I'm having the same problem with my BlueVM Zurich VPS. Support told me they think their IP range is being blocked by Google. Why -- nobody knows. Obviously Switzerland itself isn't blocked.

• bluevm uses privatelayer which is a provider with a very poor reputation and on many blacklists for spam and other bad activities. I have never had a service with them nor subscribed to any mailing list from their company yet I often receive their spam with their latest server offers.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited September 2013

@Dylan said:
    I suspected that's what it was since I'm having the same problem with my BlueVM Zurich VPS. Support told me they think their IP range is being blocked by Google. Why -- nobody knows. Obviously Switzerland itself isn't blocked.

BlueVM don't use IP blocks allocated to Switzerland DC by RIPE but IPs allocated by ARIN and as such aren't even recognized by google as swiss anyway.

@MuZo I don't have issues with IP from chvps (privatelayer) allocated by RIPE.

• @Spirit yes it might be, using bluevm swiss test ip some databases like maxmind recognize it as CH:

"154.57.73.3 CH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland, Europe 47.3667, 8.55 Cogent Communications Private Layer INC "

but others like worldip as USA:

http://api.wipmania.com/154.57.73.3

Also you might get blocked for using privatelayer AS:

http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings/privatelayer.com

http://cleantalk.org/blacklists/AS51852

• DylanDylan Member
    edited September 2013

@Spirit said:
    BlueVM don't use IP blocks allocated to Switzerland DC by RIPE but IPs allocated by ARIN and as such aren't even recognized by google as swiss anyway.

Maxmind and most other similar sites ID my BlueVM IP as CH/Private Layer and I'd wager Google's as good at Maxmind at figuring that stuff out.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited September 2013

Maxmind is just one of many privately held geoiplookup services used by part of the internet but not authoritative in any way. If you want to know more about delegated IP blocks and how they will be mostly recognized by biggest players you should look at official RIR lists ie ftp://ftp.ripe.net/pub/stats/ but sadly even this isn't most accurate.

The RIPE Network Management Database contains information about IP address space allocations and assignments. This information also indicates the country where resources were first allocated or assigned. However it is not intended that the data be considered as an authoritative statement of the location where any specific resource may currently be in use.

Therefore using this information for IP to country mapping may result in

inaccuracies and, as a result, in user's confusion in many cases.

For instance, as the Internet is global, it is easy for users to either

intentionally or unintentionally use IP addresses that have been assigned to
    a company conducting business in another region. For example, a user in Italy
    may be receiving ISP service from a company who gets a link to Japan via
    a satellite company run out of the US. Which company has the space registered
    depends on their business and networking arrangements.

ftp://ftp.ripe.net/pub/stats/arin/delegated-arin-extended-latest
    ftp://ftp.ripe.net/pub/stats/ripencc/delegated-ripencc-latest
    etc...

arin|US|ipv4|154.57.0.0|65536|19920205|assigned|5233618b76175336cfc8c09fb1d634ea