Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want to ask if the provider netcup.eu is a fool - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I want to ask if the provider netcup.eu is a fool

Comments

• @codydoby said: So I want to say if they are fool. In other words, they are really too corrective and rigid.

How is being "too corrective and rigid" the same as being a fool?

netcup apply strict criteria -- this is their choice. This choice doesn't make them fools.

• @angstrom said: netcup apply strict criteria -- this is their choice. This choice doesn't make them fools.

I'm overwhelmed, and my English is not very good. It's just that I encountered this kind of situation for the first time, and I couldn't understand it.

• @codydoby said: In the current situation, if they are not accommodating, I really have to give up and scold them "you are stupid".

No, you don't have to scold them in this way.

Not all providers and potential customers fit each other well.

If this is the case, just move on.

Thanked by 2Tony40 Falzo
  • @angstrom said: No, you don't have to scold them in this way.

If this is the case, just move on.

Thank you. I understand at this moment, I don't plan to try any further. This is a waste of his time and also a waste of my time.

I am going to try other service providers. I just want a server with a larger hard disk and a more stable one.

• If you give a provider a Name & Address and they google it an it come up correctly than I guess they are Okay with that!

• codydobycodydoby Member
    edited February 2021

@Tony40 said:
    If you give a provider a Name & Address and they google it an it come up correctly than I guess they are Okay with that!

Yes they are okay but not okay for me :smiley:

• @drizbo said:
    Picture with holding ID for a fucking server now? You can get a gun without that

In places with stupendously lax control of the ownership of lethal weapons, or if you are willing to go black market and take all the risks associated with that. But IMO easy access to guns is a problem, not a model to aspire to.

If a provider wants to be very careful to know who they let in, presumably to protect themselves from bad actors and/or because of local business laws, and loose some business in the process as collateral damage, that is their choice, unless they are being intentionally discriminator (i.e. trying to act based on colour/creed/etc).

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • There're tons provider around.> @codydoby said:

@ViridWeb said:

@codydoby said:

@angstrom said:
    No, netcup aren't fools, but they are cautious.

You need to prove that your given home address is really your home address (and you need to use your home address, not your university address).

As for the picture, they probably mean a picture of you holding your ID, both clearly visible.

I have told him I am student.

For the first time, I ordered with the address of my school and I have sent him certificate of enrollment issued by the school, in both Chinese and English.

For the second time I ordered with the address of my dorm room. Same certificate is sent.

For the third time, I do not know how to prove the address of my home now. Because the name on electricity bill is my father's.

And electricity bill is in Chinese rather than Enligsh.

You did wrong when you use your school address on your first order.

That's how you lost trust of that provider.

As a provider we will never accept a client or ask more proof when he or she use wrong address on the first attempt.

No matter if you are 10 years old or 90 years, legal address means your residential address and not your school address.

I didn’t fill in the address randomly. I explained my situation to him for the first time. I said I was a student and I didn’t know how to provide the address proof. When thinking about how to prove it, I think I can prove that my address is school by proving that I am studying at school. Then I went to the school's academic affairs office to issue an enrollment certificate, which happened to be in both Chinese and English.

In China, the address of my dormitory is almost the address of the school. Although I can be more specific, that is, what my dormitory number is, but if I want to prove my dormitory number, I really can’t do it, the dormitory administrator It is impossible to provide a bill of utility bills to each of our dorms. I think I can’t provide him with a more acceptable address.

I wonder if I have made my basic situation clear? As a service provider, how do you think my current situation can meet your service provider’s address requirements?

If a provider ask for something doesn't make sense and super complex, it means they are implicitly saying that they don't want to do business with you. So I suggest you look for another provider instead. The cost to prove you information and risk is much higher than the profit they can get.

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • TL;DR; he's fool. move on.

@angstrom said:

this.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@codydoby said:

@ViridWeb said:

@codydoby said:

@angstrom said:
    No, netcup aren't fools, but they are cautious.

You need to prove that your given home address is really your home address (and you need to use your home address, not your university address).

As for the picture, they probably mean a picture of you holding your ID, both clearly visible.

I have told him I am student.

For the first time, I ordered with the address of my school and I have sent him certificate of enrollment issued by the school, in both Chinese and English.

For the second time I ordered with the address of my dorm room. Same certificate is sent.

For the third time, I do not know how to prove the address of my home now. Because the name on electricity bill is my father's.

And electricity bill is in Chinese rather than Enligsh.

You did wrong when you use your school address on your first order.

That's how you lost trust of that provider.

As a provider we will never accept a client or ask more proof when he or she use wrong address on the first attempt.

No matter if you are 10 years old or 90 years, legal address means your residential address and not your school address.

I didn’t fill in the address randomly. I explained my situation to him for the first time. I said I was a student and I didn’t know how to provide the address proof. When thinking about how to prove it, I think I can prove that my address is school by proving that I am studying at school. Then I went to the school's academic affairs office to issue an enrollment certificate, which happened to be in both Chinese and English.

In China, the address of my dormitory is almost the address of the school. Although I can be more specific, that is, what my dormitory number is, but if I want to prove my dormitory number, I really can’t do it, the dormitory administrator It is impossible to provide a bill of utility bills to each of our dorms. I think I can’t provide him with a more acceptable address.

I wonder if I have made my basic situation clear? As a service provider, how do you think my current situation can meet your service provider’s address requirements?

It doesn't matter if you are a school student or not.. Legal address means your residential address. I'm sure every body have their document to prove their legal documents

Anyway, when a provider ask proof multiple time then either you did something wrong or they just don't want you as a client.

I would recommend to search for another provider and move on

• Everyone is missing the point about addresses. The correct address is the one that your credit card knows you as. The correct name is the one your credit card knows you as. The correct phone is the one your credit card knows you as. Otherwise there is not a match and you get a FAIL

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • Tony40Tony40 Member
    edited February 2021

@Unbelievable said:
    Everyone is missing the point about addresses. The correct address is the one that your credit card knows you as. The correct name is the one your credit card knows you as. The correct phone is the one your credit card knows you as. Otherwise there is not a match and you get a FAIL

About if you are paying using services like PayPal?

• then its your verified paypal address that gets returned to the provider doesnt it?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Unbelievable said:
    Everyone is missing the point about addresses. The correct address is the one that your credit card knows you as. The correct name is the one your credit card knows you as. The correct phone is the one your credit card knows you as. Otherwise there is not a match and you get a FAIL

Many college students in China don't have a credit card.

When I buy things online in college, I have to go to the post office and send a money order (汇款).
    The fee is less than 2%.

Some vendor prefers a wire transfer through the bank, which is more complicated because I would need the national ID card to send a wire transfer, while postal money order can be bought with cash.

There's even a vendor came to my school to collect money and deliver the product.
    It's a $150 cellular modem, and they spent half a day coming to me by bus.
    I had to draw a map for them to find my dorm.

When I moved my domain to GoDaddy, I send a money order to a Chinese reseller and get a GoDaddy gift card.
    Then I use this gift card to pay GoDaddy.
    GoDaddy didn't get me any trouble for using college address.

I applied for my first credit card after I graduated from college and had a job.
    The banker came to my office to verify my employment with my manager.

Thanked by 2Falzo kkrajk
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

So Netcup are fools because chinese schools don't provide proper legal documents of residence for their dorms? Uhum ...

I do understand that some provider's "bureaucracy" is unnerving, even for me as a European - but hey, it was your choice to select that provider. Plus, they don't do this for the fun of it but due to caution and partly due to governmental/legal bureaucracy.

Attempts to smear Netcup, e.g. as fools, will fail because they are a well established and well respected good provider, albeit one with a low risk attitude.

Simply find a provider that better suits you and your situation.

edited February 2021

@ViridWeb said: It doesn't matter if you are a school student or not.. Legal address means your residential address. I'm sure every body have their document to prove their legal documents

I don’t understand why service provider thinks in this way? Is it really that simple about address proof? Is it true that everyone can prove his current address as you said? It is true that everyone has a residential address, but it is not so easy for everyone to prove a residential address. For example, in my case, how can I prove it? Regarding the proof of address, it is not that I do not provide it, but that there is a problem with the rule itself:

1. My current address is the dormitory of my school. How can I prove my dormitory address? I can only prove that I am in the school and give the address of my school.

2. After two rounds of ordering, he now wants me to provide my home address. I can provide it, but if it involves proving my home address, then I can only show him the utility bill with my father's name written on it, and it is in Chinese (rather than English he asked).

Forgot to say, my address of school is 1218.5 km away from that of my home.

@ViridWeb said: Anyway, when a provider ask proof multiple time then either you did something wrong or they just don't want you as a client.

I admit that he doesn't want me to be his client. I said five or six sentences, and he answered only with one or two.

You said that I am doing the wrong thing? I think I have been explaining my situation to him carefully, and I have not been confused about the situation and made his job much more difficult. I really don't want to post all his official replies here. It is that kind of official reply for many times. What is more, it is replies from multiple staff that does not consider the context, ignoring all of my questions.

@ViridWeb said: I would recommend to search for another provider and move on

Thanks. I think I will.

• @yoursunny said: Many college students in China don't have a credit card.

@Unbelievable said: then its your verified paypal address that gets returned to the provider doesnt it?

So far, there is no payment step yet. They have a product with a price of 0, we can directly fill in the name and residential address information to buy. No payment is required when placing that kind of order.

After placing the order, we need to wait for their manual review. They will manually send an email requesting address proof or identity proof to the email address filled in during registration. Then, it comes to what I called the embarrassing submission of proof. I have been responding to them about my situation, and at the same time, I actively send them the information I can provide, hoping that they can consider my situation. But in fact, they rejected me with various official responses without taking my actual situation into consideration. I feel that the information I have provided is true enough and has the effect of proof.

Only after they pass the review, they will create an account and then allow further purchase of their services. Only then will payment be involved. I'm wondering whether there are all kinds of difficulties in this payment even if the address proof and identity proof pass the review.

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

They want your address and you sent them your schools address and they are the fool?

Thanked by 1netomx
    edited February 2021

@jsg said: So Netcup are fools because chinese schools don't provide proper legal documents of residence for their dorms? Uhum ...

Thank you, there is nothing wrong with you saying that. I admit that I was too extreme.

I do understand that some provider's "bureaucracy" is unnerving, even for me as a European - but hey, it was your choice to select that provider. Plus, they don't do this for the fun of it but due to caution and partly due to governmental/legal bureaucracy.

They are not playing, but they do not respect customers either. I am at least a potential customer. Is it because of success that they can respond in a hasty way, which is really unbearable.

If they tell me, "I know that you are a Chinese student, then we cannot accept this kind of Chinese student who can't even provide a residential address", then I will simply ignore their services. The actual situation is that from the address proof after the first order, I said that I am a student and I don’t know how to prove it, because my dormitory did not provide me with official documents such as utility bills, but he always emphasized that I should place one more order again and fill in the actual address, and asked me to provide proof of address in English or German, such as a utility bill.

Attempts to smear Netcup, e.g. as fools, will fail because they are a well established and well respected good provider, albeit one with a low risk attitude.

Yes, they are successful, and I know that, otherwise I would not make so many attempts to choose them. Calling him a fool here is actually trying to scold their staff for being too perfunctory to me.

Simply find a provider that better suits you and your situation.

Yes, thank you for your patient reply.

edited February 2021

@ericls said: They want your address and you sent them your schools address and they are the fool?

Did I send them the certification information indiscriminately? I also sent the address of my school dormitory. Do you think my address is wrong or the address proof is wrong?

I have told him about my situation many times. I think I have explained all my situation to them clearly, but their staff are not as smart as you think. Instead of explicitly rejecting me, they still give them an official reply, so I think they are stupid.

What should I offer them?

@codydoby said:
    They are not playing, but they do not respect customers either. I am at least a potential customer. Is it because of success that they can respond in a hasty way, which is really unbearable.

If they tell me, "I know that you are a Chinese student, then we cannot accept this kind of Chinese student who can't even provide a residential address", then I will simply ignore their services. The actual situation is that from the address proof after the first order, I said that I am a student and I don’t know how to prove it, because my dormitory did not provide me with official documents such as utility bills, but he always emphasized that I should place one more order again and fill in the actual address, and asked me to provide proof of address in English or German, such as a utility bill.

Look, their business (like that of quite a few other providers here) is a low-price mass business. I once wrote a hosting primer here at LET and I can tell you that there is a very limited set of screws to turn in that market. One basic decision a provider can make is to either save on the cost factor equipment & network or to save on the cost factor human resources (or in the case of lousy providers ti strip down both).
    Another major factor is cost (and risk!) of sales and Netcup simply can't afford to explain themselves to and discuss with many, many clients. They prefer and are streamlined for low risk, low cost of sales clients and they can afford that because the number of people interested is much, much higher than the number of people they can actually handle as customers.

Also, think from their point: They have x human resources which they can use productively to serve pre-screened existing low risk customers and make them happy (and praise Netcup) -or- they can allocate those human resources to patiently explain themselves to and discuss with a very large number of potential customers incl. those from very different regions and cultures. It's simple: the latter is not feasible in a market like hosting. One could do that as a seller of yachts but not as a seller of low cost products.

The result? There are many, many unhappy or angry potential customers and many happy and satisfied actual customers.

Btw, there are many many loops in China for foreigners too. This is not something ugly limited to Europe, it's a global thing.

• OK, to summarize, they don't know how things work in China (and they honestly don't care). They refused what will be considered solid evidences (in China), then ask a chinese student customer to supply unreasonable document (in China).

So, in customers' perspective, they are indeed fool.

But in their own perspective, they avoided the potential risk by refusing little to none profit, which is smart.

I just recall the last time I went Hermes to buy a £4000 handbag for the wife. They refused to sell me because I am not a solid customer with purchase history and have risk to resell it for profit.
    At that time, I did feel they are fool and went with Chanel instead. But I guess they don't give a fuck on someone who may only come once (low profit).

Just move on. Name your usage and the community will suggest you some deal.

• @jsg said:

@codydoby said:

Look, their business (like that of quite a few other providers here) is a low-price mass business. I once wrote a hosting primer here at LET and I can tell you that there is a very limited set of screws to turn in that market. One basic decision a provider can make is to either save on the cost factor equipment & network or to save on the cost factor human resources (or in the case of lousy providers ti strip down both).
    Another major factor is cost (and risk!) of sales and Netcup simply can't afford to explain themselves to and discuss with many, many clients. They prefer and are streamlined for low risk, low cost of sales clients and they can afford that because the number of people interested is much, much higher than the number of people they can actually handle as customers.

Also, think from their point: They have x human resources which they can use productively to serve pre-screened existing low risk customers and make them happy (and praise Netcup) -or- they can allocate those human resources to patiently explain themselves to and discuss with a very large number of potential customers incl. those from very different regions and cultures. It's simple: the latter is not feasible in a market like hosting. One could do that as a seller of yachts but not as a seller of low cost products.

The result? There are many, many unhappy or angry potential customers and many happy and satisfied actual customers.

Btw, there are many many loops in China for foreigners too. This is not something ugly limited to Europe, it's a global thing.

Thanks for the reply.

Before I saw your point of view, I really didn't think about the difficulty of accepting a Chinese student whose information is authentic enough as a service provider. Because other service providers I met did not prevaricate as they did when they asked for proof of address. I have done similar verification when I bought Kimsufi, SoYouStart, OVH, and Oneline servers. Some succeeded, some failed. But I have never been so angry this time.

Now calm down and think that they should simply refuse, instead of their official reply. This is a waste of each other's time.

• @ericls said:
    They want your address and you sent them your schools address and they are the fool?

Here in the UK, you can use school accommodation address as your address. I don't see why this is not allowed.

The problem is that in China, they dont have proof of address for student accommodation (based on OP). They only supply school address as it is.

It's not OP's fault that he can't supply something not exist.

• @codydoby said: Now calm down and think that they should simply refuse, instead of their official reply. This is a waste of each other's time.

Maybe they think there is just language barrier, and you are uploading the incorrect item, and they are giving you a chance to upload the "correct" (to european bureaucracy) item.

You look in visiting China as a foreigner, "but I am tourist, I don't have this" "why do I need passport to buy a transit ticket" "why do I need 30 forms of ID and two people to vouch for me to pay $1 to a street vendor via wechat", same deal

@codydoby said:
    Now calm down and think that they should simply refuse, instead of their official reply. This is a waste of each other's time.

I guess they want to give a fair chance to every potential customer (while of course keeping their risk minimal).

• @DrSlime said:
    OK, to summarize, they don't know how things work in China (and they honestly don't care). They refused what will be considered solid evidences (in China), then ask a chinese student customer to supply unreasonable document (in China).

So, in customers' perspective, they are indeed fool.

But in their own perspective, they avoided the potential risk by refusing little to none profit, which is smart.

I just recall the last time I went Hermes to buy a £4000 handbag for the wife. They refused to sell me because I am not a solid customer with purchase history and have risk to resell it for profit.
    At that time, I did feel they are fool and went with Chanel instead. But I guess they don't give a fuck on someone who may only come once (low profit).

Haha, thank you for such a very accurate summary. The example you gave is very interesting. Yes, I feel that way. At the same time, I feel that their staff did not do well enough. They did not directly reject me but took a perfunctory response. This is more uncomfortable than Hermes rejecting you directly.

Just move on. Name your usage and the community will suggest you some deal.

Okay, I will sort out my needs and see if it is possible to find a suitable service provider. In fact, I also know a little bit about various service providers and I have been constantly trying these months. Although there are already many candidates, I will finally choose a cheap, stable and friendly one that is ready for long-term use.

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

@codydoby said:

@ericls said: They want your address and you sent them your schools address and they are the fool?

Did I send them the certification information indiscriminately? I also sent the address of my school dormitory. Do you think my address is wrong or the address proof is wrong?

I have told him about my situation many times. I think I have explained all my situation to them clearly, but their staff are not as smart as you think. Instead of explicitly rejecting me, they still give them an official reply, so I think they are stupid.

What should I offer them?

Do you have any goverment issused ID with that address? If not, what is the address on your goverment issued ID?

Is your translation notarized by anyone?

edited February 2021

@ericls said: Do you have any goverment issused ID with that address? If not, what is the address on your goverment issued ID?

What he wants are the proof of identity and that of address. For the address, he does not wants the address on the ID card (the address on the ID is called birth address) but he wants the residential address. My current residential address is different from my birth address.

@ericls said: Is your translation notarized by anyone?

I haven't heard of it, and he hasn't told me what “notarize" is. This is the first time I heard that can be done for a translated material.

Actually I have already given up. I have explained my situation many times, including with the staff and in this post. I think I cannot provide the address they want anyway. As I said before, I cannot prove the actual address (school dormitory). All I can prove is that I am now at school (provided in Chinese and English with school stamp). At the same time, the only thing that can be used to prove the home address (birth address) is the utility bill, but it is my father's name.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@drizbo said:
    They are not worth the hassle.
    Picture with holding ID for a fucking server now? You can get a gun without that

I doubt that, they at least they check your age, which would need an ID.
    If you talking legaly, I never saw a army of 6 year olds with guns, until now.