Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want to ask if the provider netcup.eu is a fool
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I want to ask if the provider netcup.eu is a fool

I want to buy one server but it asked me for proof of ID and address.

For ID proof, I have sent him my ID card + paper with order id + myself.
For address proof, I have sent him the school’s stamped registration certificate ( Chinese and English) and the student registration Verification on China Credentials Verification (Chinese and English).

But he refused me again and again. Now he asked me again for my home address

Comments

• No, netcup aren't fools, but they are cautious.

You need to prove that your given home address is really your home address (and you need to use your home address, not your university address).

As for the picture, they probably mean a picture of you holding your ID, both clearly visible.

• @angstrom said:
    No, netcup aren't fools, but they are cautious.

You need to prove that your given home address is really your home address (and you need to use your home address, not your university address).

As for the picture, they probably mean a picture of you holding your ID, both clearly visible.

I have told him I am student.

For the first time, I ordered with the address of my school and I have sent him certificate of enrollment issued by the school, in both Chinese and English.

For the second time I ordered with the address of my dorm room. Same certificate is sent.

For the third time, I do not know how to prove the address of my home now. Because the name on electricity bill is my father's.

And electricity bill is in Chinese rather than Enligsh.

• Dump and move to hatznar

• codydobycodydoby Member
    edited February 2021

@angstrom said: As for the picture, they probably mean a picture of you holding your ID, both clearly visible

But I am 100% sure they are all clear enough. I have asked my friend help me do it. I stand there holding one picture and my ID card.... He takes one photo...

• @codydoby said:

@angstrom said:

For the first time, I ordered with the address of my school and I have sent him certificate of enrollment issued by the school, in both Chinese and English.

For the second time I ordered with the address of my dorm room. Same certificate is sent.

For the third time, I do not know how to prove the address of my home now. Because the name on electricity bill is my father's.

I understand.

Unfortunately, it may be difficult to meet the requirements of netcup. (You're not the first person to encounter such difficulties, and you won't be the last.)

• They are not worth the hassle.
    Picture with holding ID for a fucking server now? You can get a gun without that

• netcup is not fool

• KYC in everywhere now?

• @youandri said:
    KYC in everywhere now?

KYC = Know Your Customer?

• @notarobo said:
    netcup is not fool

I think he is fool. Off course I am also fool. I have uploaded many info to him. But he still refused it.

• @drizbo said:
    They are not worth the hassle.
    Picture with holding ID for a fucking server now? You can get a gun without that

Yes. The experience is really bad. Thinking like this, I cried, I already gave him privacy, but he still refused.

• @codydoby said:

@notarobo said:
    netcup is not fool

I think he is fool. Off course I am also fool. I have uploaded many info to him. But he still refused it.

netcup no fool. strong contract policy. difficult for normal buyer. only good for long time user.

• @notarobo said:

@codydoby said:

@notarobo said:
    netcup is not fool

netcup no fool. strong contract policy. difficult for normal buyer. only good for long time user.

What is their purpose for doing that? I have provided everything I can provide, but he would rather not do business than accept my account registration?

• It's clear that they don't want you to be their customer, why are you still trying to throw yourself in there?

• @codydoby said:

@youandri said:
    KYC in everywhere now?

Yes is it.

• verovero Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2021

You reminded me situation with Alibaba Cloud - I didn't want to upload my documents (this is direct way to serve your info to China government) and so I didn't become their customer. Regarding Netcup and other cheap German providers - as they are incredibly cheap, there is an incredible rate of servers abuse, so on tiniest suspicion they do complete verification. Laws in some countries require to collect certain information on customers, but I don't think this applies to Germany, at least web hosting sector.

• never ever send any form of ID to a hosting provider. just not worth the risk it maybe missued or stolen etc.

Thanked by 1skorupion
  • @vero said:
    You reminded me situation with Alibaba Cloud - I didn't want to upload my documents (this is direct way to serve your info to China government) and so I didn't become their customer. Regarding Netcup and other cheap German providers - as they are incredibly cheap, there is an incredible rate of servers abuse, so on tiniest suspicion they do complete verification. Laws in some countries require to collect certain information on customers, but I don't think this applies to Germany, at least web hosting sector.

Many things in China require real information. This is not only Alibaba Cloud, but also Tencent Cloud. Because of living in such an environment, I can tolerate this practice of exposing privacy in exchange for services.

But this time I had to submit the proof of address, I tossed back and forth for about a week: from their vague remarks at the beginning, to the end (that is, today) they asked me to submit the home address information and require the proof in English.

For me, I couldn't provide this from the beginning, because I am a student at school, the water and electricity certificate at home is not my name, and these documents are in Chinese instead of English or German. If they can't even confirm the Chinese information, they shall stop doing global business. Just doing business in their own country is over. It's so irritating.

So I want to say if they are fool. In other words, they are really too corrective and rigid.

• netcup not so cheap. why want so bad?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@codydoby said:

@youandri said:
    KYC in everywhere now?

KYC = Kentucky fried Young Chicken.
    I like it with honey mustard sauce.

@codydoby said:
    For the second time I ordered with the address of my dorm room.

If your family and your school are not in the same city, the dorm room is officially your home. You get a temporary residential permit (户口) at the school. At least that's the case when I attended college in Shanghai.

However, it's difficult to make Europeans understand. Enrollment paper is not a proof of address. An apartment lease is a proof of address, but Chinese dorms usually don't have that.

@jmgcaguicla said:
    It's clear that they don't want you to be their customer, why are you still trying to throw yourself in there?

Because they have the best dealz?

Thanked by 2ariq01 netomx
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@codydoby said:

@angstrom said:

You did wrong when you use your school address on your first order.

That's how you lost trust of that provider.

As a provider we will never accept a client or ask more proof when he or she use wrong address on the first attempt.

No matter if you are 10 years old or 90 years, legal address means your residential address and not your school address.

• A server is powerful tool, in the wrong hand is very dangerous, services providers has to know who is using their tool., One needs to understand why they are caution!

Thanked by 1lentro
  • 地址你用hetzner之类的账单就能过了,pdf就行
    //since this is an english forum, the translation is: provide invoices from hetzner and other providers in pdf and then they'll happily accept

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited February 2021

@codydoby said: If they can't even confirm the Chinese information, they shall stop doing global business.

To be frank, it's not clear that netcup really want to do global business. Their .eu site is mainly intended for non-German speaking EU countries. Nowhere do they say that they aim to do global business.

Thanked by 2TimboJones netomx
  • Tony40Tony40 Member
    edited February 2021

In Germany the laws and regulation are different.> @drizbo said:

They are not worth the hassle.

Where can you get a gun without a ID and Criminal Record verification legally??

In Germany the laws and regulations are different.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @ViridWeb said:

@codydoby said:

@angstrom said:

You did wrong when you use your school address on your first order.

That's how you lost trust of that provider.

As a provider we will never accept a client or ask more proof when he or she use wrong address on the first attempt.

No matter if you are 10 years old or 90 years, legal address means your residential address and not your school address.

I didn’t fill in the address randomly. I explained my situation to him for the first time. I said I was a student and I didn’t know how to provide the address proof. When thinking about how to prove it, I think I can prove that my address is school by proving that I am studying at school. Then I went to the school's academic affairs office to issue an enrollment certificate, which happened to be in both Chinese and English.

In China, the address of my dormitory is almost the address of the school. Although I can be more specific, that is, what my dormitory number is, but if I want to prove my dormitory number, I really can’t do it, the dormitory administrator It is impossible to provide a bill of utility bills to each of our dorms. I think I can’t provide him with a more acceptable address.

I wonder if I have made my basic situation clear? As a service provider, how do you think my current situation can meet your service provider’s address requirements?

• Trump decrees American cloud providers need to maintain records on foreign clients
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/trump-decrees-american-cloud-providers-need-to-maintain-records-on-foreign-clients/

• @yoursunny said: If your family and your school are not in the same city, the dorm room is officially your home. You get a temporary residential permit (户口) at the school. At least that's the case when I attended college in Shanghai.

Thank you for your explanation. In the current situation, if they are not accommodating, I really have to give up and scold them "you are stupid".

• @Tony40 said:
    Trump decrees American cloud providers need to maintain records on foreign clients
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/trump-decrees-american-cloud-providers-need-to-maintain-records-on-foreign-clients/

I don’t want to read the crazy Trump’s words very much. Now when I see him, I think of Kim Jong-un in North Korea.

Thanked by 1Tony40
  • @Kousaka said:
    地址你用hetzner之类的账单就能过了,pdf就行
    //since this is an english forum, the translation is: provide invoices from hetzner and other providers in pdf and then they'll happily accept

Is it really possible? This is too interesting. I really want to laugh. I will try