Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help to choose correct hosting service please.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help to choose correct hosting service please.

Hi All,

I am new to VPS/VPN /XEN/ KVM etc ... so I am getting a bit confused on what service to choose.

I have around 10 small Wordpress websites, not high traffic, and 1 SMF forum which are currently hosted on Inmotionhosting.com.

I am currently looking to move all my clients to a cPanel reseller account. Their sites are not crazy bandwidth, but I'd like to have room for them to grow as well. Trying to keep it cheap and simple. I would like annual pricing please not monthly.

I also will need help me to move my websites from Inmotionhosting to the new servers. I manage my current websites with Cpanel, so I wish to have this functionality and also Webmail for all my clients. Preferably the new supplier has Webchat.

Did any of you had experience or can recommend these companies:
Centriohost.com, WeLoveServers.net, Greenvaluehost.com, www.web-project.co.uk

I am located in Europe.

Thanks in advance for all your help

Jezz

Comments

• ReeceReece Member
    edited September 2013

Hi jezzb,

I believe I spoke to you earlier :)

Anyhow, a VPS would provide your own private container, own resources and full root access to your system. it is a great benefit over traditional Reseller hosting as you can manage every aspect of your VPS and monitor how you're using those resources.

On the down side it does cost more to operate a cPanel vPS for example as usually the cPanel license cost is around $10 - $15/Mo without a VPS (Or depends where you look!) but there are options for free control panels which would bring the pricing drastically down such as Webmin, Kloxo

Some reseller hosting packages may seem all fantastic and provide you the "Deal of the century" but in respect of that many are majorly over sold/underprice which in effect will come into the play of quality so that is something you should look at.

If you have any further questions just ask :)

Reece

• Thanks for your reply. My fear is that I will find difficulties to manage myself .. so I am looking for something which is easy to manage.

• Check your PM We can offer management directly to the wordpress level and even smf.

• @jezzb Hey Jezz, thanks for mentioning. We can provide you far better solution with 24/7 support... Service level and quality of ours far better than others...

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

InceptionHosting rocks! Why do you want to leave?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I would not recommend GreenValueHost - owner is more immature than I was.

I've had decent luck with JaguarPC reseller hosting, their service is stable and pricing is good.

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited September 2013

@jezzb said:
    My fear is that I will find difficulties to manage myself .. so I am looking for something which is easy to manage.

If that is the case I would highly recommend a managed service, at least to start.

A VPS will be your own server. As such there really aren't many differences on a base-line level as far as ease of management.

• @FtpIt_Radi said:

@jezzb said:

currently hosted on Inmotionhosting.com

• If you want a VPS with your own cPanel install we can do that as well. 512MB plan or higher due to cPanel requirements but we can do yearly pricing on the panel and VPS.

• Prometeus have cpanel hosting since you are in EU. BlueVM have great price shared hosting

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@Dylan said:
    currently hosted on Inmotionhosting.com

I read it Inception :D.
    12:24 AM, was in bed when posted. Sorry guys :D

• @FtpIt_Radi said:

I am with Inmotionhosting. I want to leave them cause they have been suspending my account and I have to call them to reinstate it. Each time they say my websites are using 100% CPU. I have simple WP websites on their servers ... and very low traffic. They should at least have the decency to contact me beforehand to investigate the issue... and not suspend and I have to call them - and overseas call from Europe to USA .. to get things sorted. Yesterday they suspended my account and after I contacted them they told me that I had a WP maintenance cron script which was causing load .. This script is apparently part of WP. They opened up my account again - without disabling the script - which I found it strange. So now I have decided to leave them and take my money elsewhere.

• Hi All,
    I am in same boat like jezzb. I would request you recommend an VPS hosting with Cpanel or to understand to manage using without Cpanel. I am from India. looking forward you suggestion and help from you.

• what is your budget, i'm not a host but would think it would help people to know if you're looking for a $7 vps something a bit more.

• DotVPS (@Jack) does some awesome cPanel resellers.

• @FtpIt_Radi said:
    12:24 AM, was in bed when posted. Sorry guys :D

You are still right. They rock!