Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DuelHost | 20FOR30 - GET THE OFFER THAT CAN'T BE BEATEN.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DuelHost | 20FOR30 - GET THE OFFER THAT CAN'T BE BEATEN.

AmplificatorAmplificator Member
edited December 2020 in Shared Hosting Offers

This is the best shared hosting you will ever experience. Forget about @Francisco, forget about @MikePT - forget about all of them - MEME TIME

TECHNICAL STUFF

Servers are placed at Hetzner's Falkenstein location.

Our shared hosting setup is running on AMD EPYC cpu's with 32 cores / 64 threads and all SSD's in ZFS RAID-Z2. We use CloudLinux, Imunify360, MailChannels delivery, DirectAdmin, LiteSpeed and the very special PHP Selektor - all is top notch.
DirectAdmin have unlimited everything, so all the domains you can fit, databases, mail accounts etc.

LVE limits are set to:

200% CPU
4 GB RAM
20 MB/s IO
10240 IOPS
50 EP
100 NPROC

THE OFFERS

Disk space: 1GB SSD
Price: $6 USD recurring per year.
Signup link: https://customer.duelhost.dk/cart.php?a=add&pid=14&language=English&currency=4

Disk space: 5GB SSD
Price: $12 USD recurring per year.
Signup link: https://customer.duelhost.dk/cart.php?a=add&pid=15&language=English&currency=4

Disk space: 20GB for 30USD
Price: $30 USD recurring per year.
Signup link (Promo code pre-applied so price will be updated before payment): https://customer.duelhost.dk/cart.php?a=add&pid=16&billingcycle=annually&language=English&currency=4&promocode=20FOR30

SO WHAT HAS HAPPENED SINCE THE LAST OFFER THREAD?

Well, good question and thank you for asking :smile:.
Since our last thread we added PayPal as a payment method and composer was installed on the server with great feedback.

EDIT: Payment options for USD and EUR have been added. Links default to USD, but you can change to EUR if you prefer.

Thanked by 1randy33

Comments

• evnixevnix Member
    edited December 2020

Since their website has all prices in Danish Kr

How to convert Krona to Euro, just remove the last digit,
    so if it is Kr 149, it will be around 14.something euro

Also, what about the important features like

• SSH access (Well MikePT doesn't provide this as well)
    • Backups (is it something other than default?, The default backups that you setup on DirectAdmin are FTP only, not SFTP, so you end up maintaining another server and setting up FTP server software and users)
  • AmplificatorAmplificator Member
    edited December 2020

@evnix said:
    Since their website has all prices in Danish Kr

How to convert Krona to Euro, just remove the last digit,
    so if it is Kr 149, it will be around 14.something euro

Also, what about the important features like

• SSH access (Well MikePT doesn't provide this as well)
    • Backups (is it something other than default?, The default backups that you setup on DirectAdmin are FTP only, not SFTP, so you end up maintaining another server and setting up FTP server software and users)

Conversion rate is usually 7.5, but just go to google and type "xx dkk in eur" :)

I guess USD or EUR will be our next thing on the to-do list, but for this thread it will still be Danish. But we will fix it for next time :)

SSH is enabled, so no problem. You need that to run composer commands as well :)
    Backups are the DA default scheme, but if JetBackup can get their version 5 done soon, we are strongly considering it. But we prefer running production ready software and currently JetBackup 5 is on "Edge Tier", meaning not quite ready.

edited December 2020

I have now added both EUR and USD payment options and updated the links in my original post :)

• Oh, would you look at the time..

• edited December 2020

----- My error

• @ashmanmalhotra said:
    1gb/month will cost me ~ $4.5/month, right?

The 1GB package will cost you $6 a year.

• selektor include PHP 8?

do you take cryptocurrency?

edited December 2020

@Jio said:
    selektor include PHP 8?

do you take cryptocurrency?

CloudLinux is having issues with their PHP8 so they stopped the rollout, but once they get it fixed we will have it of course. It should only take a few days for them to get it sorted.

No crypto as of yet, sorry.

• please feel free to @ me or bump your thread when you get both :)

my larger framework (laravel/symfony) applications run so much faster (hundreds of ms difference) on php 8 vs 7.4

edited December 2020

PHP8 does indeed look like a nice upgrade.

Crypto payment is in the works; currently awaiting approval which could take up to 3 days, they say. They need documents on all team members which is a bit annoying, but hey..

• nodejs working ?

edited December 2020

It certainly should be, yes :)

• @Amplificator said: Crypto payment is in the works; currently awaiting approval... They need documents on all team members which is a bit annoying, but hey..

When you got seduced by the decentralization concept behind cryptocurrencies then you realize 99.9% of the "crypto accepting" merchants just use the same datamining payment gateways...

• @soalnu said: When you got seduced by the decentralization concept behind cryptocurrencies then you realize 99.9% of the "crypto accepting" merchants just use the same datamining payment gateways...

Yep, very sad and terrible. Should just run own wallet / btcpayserver, not use a gateway.. but can probably understand that people want to settle/sell off daily to prevent price fluctiation.. I refuse to use merchants that accept via bitpay due to their abusive nature.

Not that UPI or indian payments isn't worse..

edited December 2020

We use a gateway for administrative purposes mostly. There's a heap of special rules in Denmark regarding crypto, so having them converted to actual currency by a gateway, such as Coinify or BitPay, is a benefit for us. Saves us a lot of paper work.

• PSA: Redis is now on the server (with proper user seperation) :smile:

Thanked by 1randy33
  • Stock on the 1GB and 5GB packages are low and there is only a couple left on each, so thanks to all that have ordered and thanks to those who delivered feedback :)

The 20FOR30 coupon is still available :)

• Both PHP8 and BTC is up and have been for a while now.

• @Amplificator said: Forget about @Francisco, forget about @MikePT - forget about all of them

Maybe one day you can get a mention as well if you try hard enough :)

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • cociucociu Member
    edited January 2021

@Amplificator said: Maybe one day you can get a mention as well if you try hard enough

You can do what you want is free . but i have a Question in mind ... do you have something personall with this 2 persons ? i dont think is so profesional to do this , but like i said is my personal opinion and you ar free to do what you want.

Now about me ... I wait you man, difference between is and will be i have create this place from zero and i am not renting .. so waiting you . More dont fuck my mind because will be better, i can afford to offer the shit what you offer free for life anytime , the only problem what i have for the moment i dont like DA so we can try when you want .

Thanked by 2_MS_ RickBakkr
  • Adam1Adam1 Member
    edited January 2021

@Amplificator said: I guess USD or EUR will be our next thing on the to-do list, but for this thread it will still be Danish. But we will fix it for next time

I can appreciate you're danish, but you're 0.07% of the population of the world. Literally, no-one knows of your currency ;)

At least switch to Euro, afterall, you're in the EU. anyway, I am an existing customer.

minireview: 99.9% up time since beginning of december. Great.

p.s. stay humble, you have just started out. dont get cocky ;)

p.p.s your prices are not sustainable. warning for the future, think ahead.

Thanked by 1dosai
  • @Adam1 said:

@Amplificator said: I guess USD or EUR will be our next thing on the to-do list, but for this thread it will still be Danish. But we will fix it for next time

I can appreciate you're danish, but you're 0.07% of the population of the world. Literally, no-one knows of your currency ;)

At least switch to Euro, afterall, you're in the EU. anyway, I am an existing customer.

minireview: 99.9% up time since beginning of december. Great.

English version of the website uses other currency :)

• @Adam1 said: p.s. stay humble, you have just started out. dont get cocky

p.p.s your prices are not sustainable. warning for the future, think ahead.

will die sun no worry , if @Mikept is opened to manage the servers i put 20 servers right now 3 different locations and i will offer the service for 0.01 cents/10 years So lets play.

Waiting the @MikePT answer.

I hope you will learn a lesson here mr Amplificator , we are all here like brothers , no need to fuck another provider to survive , be inventive .

Thanked by 1dosai
  • @cociu I don't know if it is a language barrier, but my initial joke was clearly to be seen as that - only you have taken it otherwise.

What is the point of you joining here just to shit over everything? What is wrong with you?

Thanked by 2kkrajk jonatha
  • @Amplificator said: What is wrong with you?

with me ?

look of your post man

• Please stay out.

• @Amplificator said: Please stay out.

i am out yes , just my offer remain up so if @MikePT want to manage this servers in less than 1 week i will offer same speck for 0.01 eur/10 years. So is up to him.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Amplificator
    No matter how you call (disguise) it: bashing very well known, established, and respected members of our providers here will not lead you to success but to pain.

@Francisco not only is a very well respected provider, and deservedly so, but he also has something particularly valuable and rare: a properly working and stable spine and thanks to that he actually stands for freedom of speech.

If you have only half his spine and brains you'll roll back and apologize.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@cociu said:

@Amplificator said: Please stay out.

i am out yes , just my offer remain up so if @MikePT want to manage this servers in less than 1 week i will offer same speck for 0.01 eur/10 years. So is up to him.

No need mate. It's not about the offers, it's about who manages the servers. I offer superb, reliable services. 👌

Thanked by 2DP kennsann