Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

20% Lifetime Discount on Backup Storage | NetDynamics24 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

20% Lifetime Discount on Backup Storage | NetDynamics24

2»

Comments

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2021

@smallbibi said:

The pricing rule where vps need to be $7 or less. But what exactly are you offering anyway? You mention ftp, ssh and rsync, and your site even has options for multiaccounts.

What exactly are you selling? Credentials to access these services? A shared hosting account with only ftp? To me this is a very confusing offer.

Exactly! This is NOT a VPS product (as I said from the beginning) and thus I didn't break any pricing rule as I was accused for. To answer your question: What I am offering here, is a remote FTP/SFTP storage for sending your backups. Everybody having a VPS or a dedicated server should also have a remote place for sending his/her backups in order to keep them safe.
    Hope that makes sense now.

• My question was still not answered. Is this shared hosting but only FTP/SSH ports are open? No HTTP/S port. This is not a container? This is not a KVM? Basically the isolation is just using jail shell? How is the isolation done?

• @cazrz said:
    My question was still not answered. Is this shared hosting but only FTP/SSH ports are open? No HTTP/S port. This is not a container? This is not a KVM? Basically the isolation is just using jail shell? How is the isolation done?

From the looks of things, I think their server is running virtualmin and you get some virtualmin login credentials. Maybe virtualmin has ssh features? I don't know.

edited January 2021

@cazrz said:
    My question was still not answered. Is this shared hosting but only FTP/SSH ports are open? No HTTP/S port. This is not a container? This is not a KVM? Basically the isolation is just using jail shell? How is the isolation done?

It is not a KVM or anything similar. Virtualmin and webmin are getting the job done. The package offers FTP, SFTP, FTPS, rsync, SSH. That's all you need to take backups.

• @NetDynamics24 said:

@cazrz said:

It is not a KVM or anything similar. Virtualmin and webmin are getting the job done. The package offers FTP, SFTP, FTPS, rsync, SSH. That's all you need to take backups.

Ah ok thanks for the answer. Its shared hosting then without HTTP/S port.

@bolle said:
    When do you think you'll introduce USA backup servers?

In 2-3 days! It is in Phoenix, Arizona.

@bolle said:
    When do you think you'll introduce USA backup servers?

Here you are:
    https://netdynamics24.com/client/order.php?step=0&productGroup=12