Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching cheap server for 2-3 weeks. >50 cores
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Searching cheap server for 2-3 weeks. >50 cores

Hello!
Searching cheap compute server for 2-3 weeks.
Need max cores and threads.
Not for minings, etc...

Comments

• damn may i ask what do you need 50+ cores for?

• For hash calculate

• marvelmarvel Member
    edited January 2021

What's the budget, let me guess $4? :expressionless:

I think your best bet is Amazon EC2. You can get one for $2.50 - $3 / hour.

m6g.metal 64 N/A 256 GiB EBS Only $2.944 per Hour

Thanked by 1Doragon
  • 50 core !
    And cheap too
    Omg

• @marvel said:

Currently only $0.6385/hr in us-east-2b on spot!

For those that don't know m6g instances use arm processors.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@miroc said:
    damn may i ask what do you need 50+ cores for?

OP has 50+ push-up videos to encode?

Anyway, buy an 8-core VPS, and do some twerks so that @brueggus & @tridinebandim will upgrade extra CPU for you.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3177240/#Comment_3177240

Otherwise, only dedicated machines have 50+ cores.

Thanked by 1tridinebandim
  • @Alef said:

@marvel said:

Currently only $0.6385/hr in us-east-2b on spot!

For those that don't know m6g instances use arm processors.

That's very cheap indeed. These are bare metals right? I assume so because it says metal.

• Thanked by 1lentro
  • Go for this server:
    https://www.scaleway.com/en/bare-metal-servers-up/

€8.6388 inc. tax/hour for:
    From 128 to 224 cores / 256 to 448 threads

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Webnx has 64 cores ThreadRipper & 128 cores EPYC, which might be the cheapest options for you.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Anvme said:
    For hash calculate

(a) Wrong approach. I know hashing algos well from implementing them. Unless your software is crappy you do not need one server with 50 cores; you can use just as well 6 (or more) servers with 8 cores and preferably with high single core performance and, even more important, large L1 and L2 caches. But you need of course a smart work scheduler (partitioning your work load over the servers and cores).

(b) Going for more hardware (e.g. more cores) more often than not is the wrong approach. Optimizing the software or at least the build can provide far more speed up and, depending on the approach and know-how, at considerably lower cost too.

@marvel said:
    I think your best bet is Amazon EC2. ...

You mean the Amazon that all but killed a fast growing competitor of one of its major customers twitter (who is on a killing spree too)? NO!
    We should not support extremely evil corporations like Amazon who play God and who step on and break our liberties and rights!
    (No, this is not about "left" vs "right" or pro or anti Trump. This is about vital principles).

• @jsg said:

@marvel said:
    I think your best bet is Amazon EC2. ...

You mean the Amazon that all but killed a fast growing competitor of one of its major customers twitter (who is on a killing spree too)? NO!
    We should not support extremely evil corporations like Amazon who play God and who step on and break our liberties and rights!
    (No, this is not about "left" vs "right" or pro or anti Trump. This is about vital principles).

I'm all for that but that's easier said then done. When you need to run a company and you depend on a service they can offer for a price within your budget sometimes you have no choice.

Sure you can use local companies which would be a lot better for the local economy but you suddenly pay double, triple the price, maybe more.

At the end of the day my bills have to be payed as well and if I can make that happen by using Amazon, and if I can't by not using them I will use them for sure.

That being said, I think $0.60/hr is too much for this guy anyway, since he stopped responding. He was probably looking for $2 for 2 weeks or so :smiley:

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@marvel

I suggest to have that discussion with people who love to buy at Amazon to save a bit ... and who later found out, that their brother lost his job in a book shop and later his neighbor lost her job in another shop ...

... and some of them still haven't understood that their "saving a bit" when buying at Amazon carries a horrible price tag in the long run.

Besides, growing to a size where massive global hosting services are needed also means having the size to make things happen, things like whole rooms in multiple DCs all around the planet. One does not need Amazon. Ever. There is always alternatives, often even better ones.