Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blesta 5 is Here ! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Blesta 5 is Here !

Comments

• @Actavus said:

@Jorbox said:
    Why there is two products in deferent currencies?
    you need to create your own plugin for that

Did you not read the https://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-3740 ?
    Even if you made a new plugin that wouldn't fix the issue.
    Blesta will default to a single currency invoice regardless of what you code.

For me multi language support is more important

Thanked by 1Actavus
  • pphillipspphillips Member, Host Rep

@Actavus said:
    Still waiting for Blesta to implement their "multi-currency done right" statement.

Currently if an existing customer has a service on their account, and they purchase a new product in a different currency. ALL services on their account default to only using a single currency type.

More info:

@dev.blesta.com said:
    https://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-3740
    Right now all services for a client are billed in the client's "Preferred Currency" regardless of the currency/price selected for the service.

Services in different currencies wouldn't be able to be billed on the same invoice, but it's likely we will implement this task. As you can imagine, the number of people asking for a client to be billed in multiple different currencies at the same time is not very high so it hasn't yet moved to the top of our priority list.

@qps said:

@pphillips said: We updated the core to allow support for these kinds of gateways and released the Stripe Payments gateway to take advantage of the core changes that were required.

Ok, that was a piece of information that was not clear. Thanks for confirming that this was updated. I updated my prior statement that the gateway modules are the issue.

Thanks, I appreciate that. :smile:

Thanked by 3Actavus hackerman XiNiX
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

@pphillips any update on gocardless payment system sending the payment requested on the invoice whatever the amount and whenever you invoice the client, the same way it works in xero and WHMCS?

Last time I tested blesta it could only work with a fixed amount monthly?

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited January 2021

@pphillips said: We did upgrade from Bootstrap 3 to 4, it was a big job.

Should've moved straight onto Bootstrap 5

Thanked by 1webcraft

@JamesF said:
    @pphillips any update on gocardless payment system sending the payment requested on the invoice whatever the amount and whenever you invoice the client, the same way it works in xero and WHMCS?

Last time I tested blesta it could only work with a fixed amount monthly?

I don't have an update on that, I'll discuss with the team. Yes, currently it's a fixed amount and doesn't automatically adjust.

@kkrajk said:

@pphillips said: We did upgrade from Bootstrap 3 to 4, it was a big job.

Should've moved straight onto Bootstrap 5

We can't upgrade to a beta release, if it was an official release we would have.

• do i still need to subscribe blesta bronze pack, just for editing invoice date in manually?

this basic feature was requested in 2014 and it took 6 years to implement it in blesta and you made it as subscription..

• @Babah said:
    do i still need to subscribe blesta bronze pack, just for editing invoice date in manually?

this basic feature was requested in 2014 and it took 6 years to implement it in blesta and you made it as subscription..

huh?

@Babah said:
    do i still need to subscribe blesta bronze pack, just for editing invoice date in manually?

I'm not following. What is "blesta bronze pack"? We do not have a subscription service for additional features.

• @pphillips said:

@webcraft said:
    Has the demo been updated?

Not yet, hopefully tomorrow.

Ok, will give this a try before I setup a test install myself.

• @pphillips said:
    I'm not following. What is "blesta bronze pack"? We do not have a subscription service for additional features.

Think its something to do with https://blesta-addons.com

Thanked by 1Ticaga
  • wow.. good news

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2021

I tried it few times but had to give it pass and stayed with WHMCS , issue like proper support for multi-currency and very basic domain management were main deterrents.

Those who have not used other billing systems may adjust with adjust features if one has exposure to multiple billing system including WHMCS, then Blesta seems little less polished.

• why not Bootstrap 5 ...

I had plan to use blesta for a new venture which is using BS 5 and blesta is on 4 , theme customization will be little daunting to match main site.

However, @pphillips , like DA, you should open a feedback thread here and work on polishing the system ,that way you will have variety of people helping here.

@Saahib said: However, @pphillips , like DA, you should open a feedback thread here and work on polishing the system ,that way you will have variety of people helping here.

Good idea, thanks!

Thanked by 1JamesF
  • Still demo no updated?

• @desfire said:
    Still demo no updated?

blest is a fully working product from years

• blesta is promising they release domain management system from so many years but still not release.

Thanked by 1lonea
  • @mhosting_in said:
    blesta is promising they release domain management system from so many years but still not release.

Coming soon 5.1
    https://dev.blesta.com/projects/CORE/versions/11703

• @pphillips said:

@Babah said:

im talking about this

@Babah said:

@pphillips said:

@Babah said:

im talking about this

Right, "Admin Tools" is a 3rd party plugin that adds some additional functionality. We've received enough requests for being able to change the service's creation date that I created this task a few months ago https://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-3934 While it's not a high priority, I've just bumped it up in our backlog. The date is purely cosmetic and isn't used for billing purposes, but it seems like a fair number of people create or import services manually and it would helpful to be able to maintain that history, so we will add it. I appreciate the feedback. :smile:

• @fbmy said:

@mhosting_in said:
    blesta is promising they release domain management system from so many years but still not release.

Coming soon 5.1
    https://dev.blesta.com/projects/CORE/versions/11703

you can check the thread in their forum when they promise and how many years past away.
    it's in development it takes so many years to complete.

• @mhosting_in said:
    you can check the thread in their forum when they promise and how many years past away.

I understand that.
    Slowly but surely Blesta realizes a lot of good features and support.

now's not time to blame dude, but take advantage of Blesta 5 to grow your business

Thanked by 2pphillips Ticaga
  • @fbmy said:

@mhosting_in said:

I understand that.
    Slowly but surely Blesta realizes a lot of good features and support.

now's not time to blame dude, but take advantage of Blesta 5 to grow your business

I have not found any useful features in a new version.

• @mhosting_in said:
    I have not found any useful features in a new version.

okay, we'll see.
    I noted that.

• I'm very happy with the updates released in each of Blesta's recent versions. I look forward to updating to v5!

Thanked by 2pphillips Ticaga
  • @pphillips any chance to provide official docker images?

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

@SmallWeb said:
    I'm very happy with the updates released in each of Blesta's recent versions. I look forward to updating to v5!

order Approve option disappeared last night after updating to 5.0.1, they did release a hotfix for it.

theres a few bugs, recommend wait until they're fixed :)

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited January 2021

@WebHorizon said:

@SmallWeb said:
    I'm very happy with the updates released in each of Blesta's recent versions. I look forward to updating to v5!

order Approve option disappeared last night after updating to 5.0.1, they did release a hotfix for it.

theres a few bugs, recommend wait until they're fixed :)

Pretty sure my upgrades and support has ran out so I'll likely pay some server bills first then do a few patches all in one when I renew. Cheers :)

• HostMayoHostMayo Member, Host Rep

@SirFoxy said: They need to update the design Blesta is ugly as hell.

so nothing on this? Why does blesta looks like from windows 98 era.

@akhfa said:
    @pphillips any chance to provide official docker images?

Any chance? Yeah, there's a chance. We'll consider it, but don't have any immediate plans. There are a few third party ones, this one might be the most recent https://hub.docker.com/r/mikenowak/blesta but it hasn't been updated in about a year and I haven't tested it.

Thanked by 1akhfa
  • The url in OP looks like a spam url. Why not use the actual blesta link?