Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would you do differently?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What would you do differently?

Providers who have been around the block a time or two - if you could go back and start over, while retaining all the knowledge and experience you've attained, what would you do differently?

Thanked by 1dominame

Comments

• Would've promoted more colocrossing than anybody else.

• I smell summerhost..

Thanked by 1ninja1337
  • Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

Go back to 2014 when I started my host buy
    100,000 BTC. Then I would open a host in 2020 with my newly cashed out BTC and become the next OVH.
    Seems like a decent plan to me

• @Ian_Dot_Tech said:
    100,000 BTC. Then I would open a host in 2020 with my newly cashed out BTC and become the next OVH.

Ha, true. I actually mined 2 BTC way back when that was still possible. When BTC initially hit $16k I frantically searched but never found the keyfile I encrypted it with.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

SAME.

• @DataIdeas-Josh said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

SAME.

"I, too, choose this man's wife"

• I get depressed every time someone mentions BTC these days.
    RIP all the coins I spent on DNM's buying bath salts...

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

@lokuzard said:
    I get depressed every time someone mentions BTC these days.
    RIP all the coins I spent on DNM's buying bath salts...

Welcome to the club

Thanked by 1lokuzard
  • @mattpvps said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

Ha, true. I actually mined 2 BTC way back when that was still possible. When BTC initially hit $16k I frantically searched but never found the keyfile I encrypted it with.

Today it would be $82K but then again, if you had them you might had already sold them by now for a lot less and be mad at yourself you didn't wait.

I bought BTC back in the day when they were $50 - $200.

Then again, I wish I bought Apple or Google stock 10 years ago, same thing. If you knew everything life would be very easy.

• John_MJohn_M Member, Patron Provider

BTC is a great hedge product against inflation as long as people can keep it encrypted. If there's one day someone decrypted the algorithm. All the money you see right now will be $0.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@John_M said: BTC is a great hedge product against inflation

What is your economic theory on that?

It's a currency. I've never heard of anyone saying a currency is an inflation hedge. Gold, commodities, real estate, various inflation-adjusted instruments like TIPS, and some hard asset classes (e.g., fine art) are usually inflation hedges.

Thanked by 2dominame TimboJones
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@chocolateshirt said:
    I smell summerhost..

You want a summer host?
    https://yoursunny.com/p/summer-host/

@John_M said:
    BTC is a great hedge product against inflation as long as people can keep it encrypted. If there's one day someone decrypted the algorithm. All the money you see right now will be $0.

In a few years I'll start offering quantum computers in our IPv9 networks. You can decrypt any Bitcoin you want.

• @raindog308 said: What is your economic theory on that?

People ask why we shouldn't return to the gold standard. How can we retain a fiat currency in the real world?

Simples. We pay taxes in real world fiat currency. We can't pay taxes in virtual bitcoin or gold by weight. The world will be a different, utterly hostile and anarchistic place if we are ever able to. In fact, civilisation is likely to dissolve first. Because death will cease before taxes do.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I’ll not beat around the bush and get straight to it.

I assume you’ll be promoting your business here in the near future? If so, in which location(s)? Will there be AMD+NVMe goodies? 😁

• @marvel said:

@mattpvps said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

Today it would be $82K but then again, if you had them you might had already sold them by now for a lot less and be mad at yourself you didn't wait.

I bought BTC back in the day when they were $50 - $200.

Then again, I wish I bought Apple or Google stock 10 years ago, same thing. If you knew everything life would be very easy.

Same shit, and this thing hurt. I have an email because was not serious on btc, when it cost round 180-200 USD. I had there 1btc+. After that email provider died with mailbox. But these mother fuckers keep the domain. I have login, pass, and email confirmation goes to this not exist mailbox. I have recovery key that stored with last pasd that not permitted to login because new ip and location. Both and email and lastpass forbidden accounts created in 2008-2009. I feel so much pain in covid time, that i have a lot of money that change literally a lot of things to me and family, but these money tease me. If btc will go someday above 200k usd for 1 btc, for me better to not know that, otherwise I will commit suicide.

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2021

Quit my job sooner and try to work on a bigger vision from the start on :)