Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zoho or Postale free email - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Zoho or Postale free email

2»

Comments

• +1 MXRoute. I used Zoho awhile back, but their spam filters were useless as they kept blocking mail from people in my whitelist. Their tech wasn't much help, so I moved on. Might be better now?

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited January 2021

Quite a response for not finding a free email provider. Improvmx was already mentioned. As free as it gets.

• @vyas11 said:
    Quite a response for not finding a free email provider.

Who said I did not find a free email provider. If you read my post properly, I was ASKING FOR OPINIONS here to suggest between 2 free providers - zoho and postale comparing their pros and cons.

• Zoho antispam way better than MXroute.

Thanked by 1kidrock
  • I understand this is probably not the point, but still worth mentioning in my opinion.

I think that for budget, MXRoute is the first option, if you have some money to spare, Google Workspace (Formerly G Suite), if you don't feel like setting Workspace up or just want to stay away from Google, FastMail is the alternative and is much more mail focused.

I think that with everything related to email, you don't want to go cheap, especially if it's your main address. I think MXRoute is the best option out there if you don't look to spend much money.

• @danielnaaman said:
    I understand this is probably not the point, but still worth mentioning in my opinion.

I think that for budget, MXRoute is the first option, if you have some money to spare, Google Workspace (Formerly G Suite), if you don't feel like setting Workspace up or just want to stay away from Google, FastMail is the alternative and is much more mail focused.

I think that with everything related to email, you don't want to go cheap, especially if it's your main address. I think MXRoute is the best option out there if you don't look to spend much money.

@danielnaaman said:
    I understand this is probably not the point, but still worth mentioning in my opinion.

MXRoute would be the best choice if antispam would work decently. Had it for 2 years and even if you mark a message as spam is keep on poping in inbox in a day or two, other than that great service.

• @hellb0y said:

@danielnaaman said:

@danielnaaman said:

MXRoute would be the best choice if antispam would work decently. Had it for 2 years and even if you mark a message as spam is keep on poping in inbox in a day or two, other than that great service.

I guess that makes sense, they are not a mail giant, it's just a friendly solution for those who need a cheap solution that works well, you get what you pay for.

1. did you tried postale? Seriously, postale fits your requirement and i dont see any cons regarding this. I dont see any cons using yandex too. I dont think you should consider any other than these as you NEED IMAP. Also, since you consider free service at the beginning, i am pretty sure that you DO NOT need paid service feature. You will have a lot more easier days prioritize your needs and wants.
    2. I reply because you stated your condition. Are you on medication? I see first hand how medication CAN help. I do not know where you from, but medicine prescribe by psychiatrist are more or less the same and had proven result. If you are on medicine, I believe a panic triggered is qualified as emergency visit with your psychiatrist.
  • May I ask why you want to leave cPanel webhosting?
    Some shared hosting provide decent mail services.

• @hellb0y said:
    Zoho antispam way better than MXroute.

What about Yandex or Postale if you have used them?

• @forces said:
    1. did you tried postale? Seriously, postale fits your requirement and i dont see any cons regarding this. I dont see any cons using yandex too. I dont think you should consider any other than these as you NEED IMAP. Also, since you consider free service at the beginning, i am pretty sure that you DO NOT need paid service feature. You will have a lot more easier days prioritize your needs and wants.
    2. I reply because you stated your condition. Are you on medication? I see first hand how medication CAN help. I do not know where you from, but medicine prescribe by psychiatrist are more or less the same and had proven result. If you are on medicine, I believe a panic triggered is qualified as emergency visit with your psychiatrist.

I don't have much email communications that's why free service is enough for now. Haven't tried Postale yet. Read few comments about Yandex deleting emails and problem with deliverability.

I took medicines for few months but that did not help. So now trying my best to be positive on my own. Though emotions trigger a breakdown mentally when someone ridicules or says something that affect me mentally. I try to stay calm .

• @elliotc said:
    May I ask why you want to leave cPanel webhosting?
    Some shared hosting provide decent mail services.

My host too provides webmail. Even they recommend to use third-party email services.

• verovero Member, Host Rep

One more vote for Zoho (use both free and paid).

The most important requirement for hosted email provider, IMO, is that your emails would not end in Gmail's SPAM. This system is so unpredictable, that I stopped wasting my time configuring MTAs, network settings or looking for whitelisted IPs, and started using hosted email services when needed. Gmail can ruin (intentionally or not) all your business easily, because so much people (recipients) are using it. I was considering MXroute, but I have doubts about that same Gmail SPAM problem - it is so easy to knock out every smaller provider for them.

Zoho doesn't seem to let me down in a few years. Also they have a desktop app for Windows and Mac. This app doesn't allow to check emails from multiple accounts simultaneously, but they are working on that. As others mentioned, they have quite decent SPAM filtering.

Thanked by 2lovelyserver kidrock
  • Paying $4 or $5 per year is 'almost' like free. Get a GoDaddy mail from Rs.29 per month for 10GB.
    Resellerclub business email gives only 5GB for above price.. I think nobody can beat GD for this price.

• dedioutletdedioutlet Member, Patron Provider

I've had experience with quite a few paid and free mail handlers, and I'd probably say that Zoho is the best I've used for either. They have a solid delivery rate, and their management is pretty useful.

Thanked by 1kidrock
  • Postale is not free anymore for new signups, it is $1 per month.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited January 2021

@Intelpentium0 said:
    Paying $4 or $5 per year is 'almost' like free. Get a GoDaddy mail from Rs.29 per month for 10GB.
    Resellerclub business email gives only 5GB for above price.. I think nobody can beat GD for this price.

Too expensive

Cheapest I pay is 110 INR per year for email domain, upto 4 accounts @ 10 GB each. At 5 + accounts there is price parity with the GD plan.

• @vyas11 said:

@Intelpentium0 said:
    Paying $4 or $5 per year is 'almost' like free. Get a GoDaddy mail from Rs.29 per month for 10GB.

Too expensive

Cheapest I pay is 110 INR per year for email domain, upto 4 accounts @ 10 GB each. At 5 + accounts there is price parity with the GD plan.

Nice. Link please..

• Not free, but good. Check mailcheap.co

• Zoho's free one does not support IMAP.

MXroute's issue is that it's alias will leak your real account - https://community.mxroute.com/t/disable-x-authuser-header/212

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • why not purelymail.com?

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

Wouldn't recommend ZOHO, emails from my domain have been marked as spam for a while now.

There are loads of spammers on their network and you will regret it. Pay the couple bucks a year, it's worth it.

• Since you have your own domain, there are a few registrars that also offer mail boxes, correct? I can't think offhand which ones they are but if you're paying for the domain anyway you could transfer and then get this benefit.

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

Free Mail Hosting is full of spammers. I've looked around and seen IONOS has $1/M email hosting and a free domain included.

For $12/yr that's a steal.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited February 2021

I am (re) testing 3.99 euros per year inbox 100 gb mailbox, plus 10 gb file storage. 5 aliases.
    Domain is extra though

@aqua said:
    Free Mail Hosting is full of spammers. I've looked around and seen IONOS has $1/M email hosting and a free domain included.

For $12/yr that's a steal.

• @vyas11 said:
    I am (re) testing 3.99 euros per year inbox 100 gb mailbox, plus 10 gb file storage. 5 aliases.

who offer this? thanks.

• @kidrock hit me up and I will hook you up with a free account at Kingmailer

Thanked by 1kidrock