Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blesta 5 is Here !
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Blesta 5 is Here !

XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

Blesta 5 has been Released !

FIVE-ZERO has been released!

This major release includes upgrades to Bootstrap, jQuery, Font Awesome, and many other libraries. Deprecated code and superfluous libraries have been removed. The system requirements have increased significantly. Also included is a new, highly requested navigation editor. Add or delete primary and secondary navigation links and sort them for the staff, client, or public areas.

Upload and preview your logo for the staff and client areas. VAT VIES integration improves EU tax support. Emoji's are now supported system-wide, including support tickets, packages, order forms, emails, and just about everywhere.

A responsive staff area and expanded color options for client themes bring improvements to the UI. For those who have multiple order forms, you can now sort their display order on the order form listing page. Table rows that can be expanded now include and expand icon to improve UX. The noVNC console is now supported by the SolusVM module.

https://campaign.phillipsdata.com/t/r-l-jukrihut-uhuthtdhit-t/

Comments

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Unless you use Stripe for processing credit cards, it seems like they still haven't solved the issue of credit cards passing through the Blesta API, which requires long-form PCI compliance. Pretty disappointing that this is still unresolved so many years later.

• pphillipspphillips Member, Host Rep

@qps said:
    Unless you use Stripe for processing credit cards, it seems like they still haven't solved the issue of credit cards passing through the Blesta API, which requires long-form PCI compliance. Pretty disappointing that this is still unresolved so many years later.

We released a new "Stripe Payments" gateway a few versions back, so now there are 2 options. Stripe (which goes through Blesta, not PCI compliant) and Stripe Payments which is PCI compliant. If you are using the legacy Stripe gateway with tokenization, you can migrate to the new Stripe Payments where there is no passthrough.

Thanked by 2Ticaga lukesUbuntu
  • Until blesta score proper domain management system it is subpar product to WHMCS or hostbill. Why they don't invest...

Thanked by 1lonea
  • If a company writes their release notes for major release with first point telling...xyz packages updated.... then they got their priorities wrong.

and with npm and all..... unless you are moving from bs3 to bs4....that is not a big task at all.

• They need to update the design Blesta is ugly as hell.

@LTniger said:
    Until blesta score proper domain management system it is subpar product to WHMCS or hostbill. Why they don't invest...

@seenu said:
    If a company writes their release notes for major release with first point telling...xyz packages updated.... then they got their priorities wrong.

and with npm and all..... unless you are moving from bs3 to bs4....that is not a big task at all.

We did upgrade from Bootstrap 3 to 4, it was a big job.

Thanked by 3Ticaga hackerman kkrajk

@pphillips said: We released a new "Stripe Payments" gateway a few versions back, so now there are 2 options. Stripe (which goes through Blesta, not PCI compliant) and Stripe Payments which is PCI compliant. If you are using the legacy Stripe gateway with tokenization, you can migrate to the new Stripe Payments where there is no passthrough.

The new Stripe Payments only solves Stripe. What about the other payment gateways?

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • @SirFoxy said:
    They need to update the design Blesta is ugly as hell.

+1, design looks straighup from 2009

Thanked by 1v3ng
  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Time to update themes to v5 : |

@qps said:

@pphillips said: We released a new "Stripe Payments" gateway a few versions back, so now there are 2 options. Stripe (which goes through Blesta, not PCI compliant) and Stripe Payments which is PCI compliant. If you are using the legacy Stripe gateway with tokenization, you can migrate to the new Stripe Payments where there is no passthrough.

The new Stripe Payments only solves Stripe. What about the other payment gateways?

Which in particular? All gateways are different, most of them do not have APIs that support no pass through like Stripe. If you use one that does, we would be willing to look into it.

@armandorg said:
    Time to update themes to v5 : |

You can do it! :smiley:

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • @qps said:

May I ask what gateways are you on about? Merchant or non merchant. Square doesn't do anything on blesta it's all via them.

If you want to be PCI compliant then you're main priority is the server because that alone will fail you, and since Blesta only encodes 3 files you can edit the gateways if you find something which causes it to fail.

You can also let the team know at Blesta and they'll help you fix it and update Blesta. I don't see why there's a lot of hate to a system which encodes 3 files and is focused on stable, secure as system.

If Blesta did updates very fast and very buggy people would be here moaning... But there's a great name for the buggiest system trophy already.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • @XiNiX said: Deprecated code and superfluous libraries have been removed. The system requirements have increased significantly.

Ahh, the Adobe/Magento school of programming. Grrr.

@AlwaysSkint said:

@XiNiX said: Deprecated code and superfluous libraries have been removed. The system requirements have increased significantly.

Ahh, the Adobe/Magento school of programming. Grrr.

You think we should keep supporting PHP 5.4?

Thanked by 1Ticaga
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

@pphillips

With regards to the GoCardless plugin can we now invoice the same client different amounts monthly if there are varied bills without generating new payment setup etc....

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited January 2021

@pphillips said: You think we should keep supporting PHP 5.4?

It was a 2-part response, to diametrically opposing statements. ;)

Short answer, yes. I still run 5.3.29 (hardened) for perfectly functional e-commerce stores, though do recognise they require upgrading.

No, I think that ALL developers should get away from the Windoze mentality.
    In adressing code deprecation and surplus code, streamlining and efficiency should be a pre-requisite. It's a sign of the times that developers don't give a crap about resource bloat. Break the mould/mould!

BTW, only encoding a few core files IS extremely commendable and more should follow suit. :)
    (CWP wake up!)

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@pphillips said: You think we should keep supporting PHP 5.4?

It was a 2-part response, to diametrically opposing statements. ;)

Short answer, yes. I still run 5.3.29 (hardened) for perfectly functional e-commerce stores, though do recognise they require upgrading.

No, I think that ALL developers should get away from the Windoze mentality.
    In adressing code deprecation and surplus code, streamlining and efficiency should be a pre-requisite. It's a sign of the times that developers don't give a crap about resource bloat. Break the mould/mould!

BTW, only encoding a few core files IS extremely commendable and more should follow suit. :)
    (CWP wake up!)

I think the community (a few who voted) disagree lol :joy:

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Got my license. It's about time to start working on a new UX with Blesta before WHMCS starts milking cPanel style.

edited January 2021

@pphillips said: Which in particular? All gateways are different, most of them do not have APIs that support no pass through like Stripe. If you use one that does, we would be willing to look into it.

Quantum Gateway is one example, but from what your techs told me in the past, I think all of the others (except this new Stripe Payments) use the old method.

@Blestastore said: If you want to be PCI compliant

Except for the new Stripe Payments gateway, credit card numbers pass through the Blesta API even if the card is stored with the merchant provider. This requires long form PCI compliance, compliance audits, higher levels of business insurance, and is not something that most small companies are prepared to deal with appropriately. It's been this way for many years despite being told repeatedly that it was a priority and would be fixed. Unless this very critical flaw is fixed, it remains non viable to use with these other merchant gateways.

Thanked by 1lonea
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Once Gocardless varied payments is fixed and there is some sight of a xero integration I will be all over it.

• I believe you could edit the code to deactivate such function. Do you remember the specific line where it happened? I'm pretty sure some of us could take a look, since is all open source.

@pphillips can elaborate on that.

@qps said:
    I guess you don't understand that there is a fundamental flaw in Blesta right now. Except for the new Stripe Payments gateway, credit card numbers pass through the Blesta API even if the card is stored with the merchant provider. This requires long form PCI compliance, compliance audits, higher levels of business insurance, and is not something that most small companies are prepared to deal with appropriately. It's been this way for many years despite being told repeatedly that it was a priority and would be fixed. We bought a Blesta license many years ago hoping that Blesta would eventually evolve into an alternative to WHMCS, but unless this very critical flaw is fixed, it remains non viable.

@qps said:

@pphillips said: Which in particular? All gateways are different, most of them do not have APIs that support no pass through like Stripe. If you use one that does, we would be willing to look into it.

Quantum Gateway is one example, but from what your techs told me in the past, I think all of the others (except this new Stripe Payments) use the old method.

@Blestastore said: If you want to be PCI compliant

I guess you don't understand that there is a fundamental flaw in Blesta right now. Except for the new Stripe Payments gateway, credit card numbers pass through the Blesta API even if the card is stored with the merchant provider. This requires long form PCI compliance, compliance audits, higher levels of business insurance, and is not something that most small companies are prepared to deal with appropriately. It's been this way for many years despite being told repeatedly that it was a priority and would be fixed. We bought a Blesta license many years ago hoping that Blesta would eventually evolve into an alternative to WHMCS, but unless this very critical flaw is fixed, it remains non viable.

Quantum Gateway is one that could use an update, sure, but this is VERY much gateway dependent. There is no fundamental flaw in Blesta, that's a total and complete misrepresentation and indicates that you either don't know what you're talking about or you're trolling. There is no core feature change that can magically make all payment gateways non-pass through. Some gateways support this kind of integration, most do not.

So, if you want to complain about Quantum gateway, fine, but missing functionality from a specific payment processor extension does not equate to a critical flaw in Blesta.. that's totally absurd.

Thanked by 1Ticaga
  • Has the demo been updated?

• Hello, I am kind of new to this one. Is it instant activation if the client buys hosting/VPS? And is it possible to added Qris payment gateway?

@pphillips We're just going off of what Blesta told us in the past - that the card info passing through the Blesta API was how Blesta worked and it would require a major change to the way you handle cards to fix. Maybe this has changed and the other modules just need to be updated, or maybe whoever we talked to at Blesta in the past was misinformed.

Quantum Gateway is not the only one that had this problem - the old Stripe module and Authorize.net both suffer from the same problem, from my understanding (and it appears that your site still indicates that it is a problem as well).

I keep bringing it up after 7+ years (or whatever it's been) because I care that there are good, viable alternatives in the market to WHMCS, not that I'm trolling.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • I'm using blesta for more than 3 years
    The team is very active and supportive
    I remember one day I needed something and they fix it by any desk at 4am
    I'm proud of blesta and phillips is a very very nice guy that you should trust

Thanked by 3pphillips Ticaga Ympker

@webcraft said:
    Has the demo been updated?

Not yet, hopefully tomorrow.

@malikshi said:
    Hello, I am kind of new to this one. Is it instant activation if the client buys hosting/VPS? And is it possible to added Qris payment gateway?

You can make a feature request for that gateway. Activation is handled by the cron, so it's not technically instant but if the invoice is paid it's pretty quick.

@qps said:
    @pphillips We're just going off of what Blesta told us in the past - that the card info passing through the Blesta API was how Blesta worked and it would require a major change to the way you handle cards to fix. Maybe this has changed and the other modules just need to be updated, or maybe whoever we talked to at Blesta in the past was misinformed.

Quantum Gateway is not the only one that had this problem - the old Stripe module and Authorize.net both suffer from the same problem, from my understanding (and it appears that your site still indicates that it is a problem as well).

I keep bringing it up after 7+ years (or whatever it's been) because I care that there are good, viable alternatives in the market to WHMCS, not that I'm trolling.

We updated the core to allow support for these kinds of gateways and released the Stripe Payments gateway to take advantage of the core changes that were required. API requirements vary from gateway to gateway, but the changes to the core that allowed Stripe Payments to work could be taken advantage of by other gateways now. We have not updated every gateway that could take advantage of it yet because of either low demand or other higher priority items.

The old Stripe integration will not be updated, but those using that gateway can migrate to the new Stripe Payments gateway with the click of a button.

Thanked by 1hackerman
  • Still waiting for Blesta to implement their "multi-currency done right" statement.

Currently if an existing customer has a service on their account, and they purchase a new product in a different currency. ALL services on their account default to only using a single currency type.

More info:

@dev.blesta.com said:
    https://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-3740
    Right now all services for a client are billed in the client's "Preferred Currency" regardless of the currency/price selected for the service.

• @Actavus said:
    Still waiting for Blesta to implement their "multi-currency done right" statement.

Currently if an existing customer has a service on their account, and they purchase a new product in a different currency. ALL services on their account default to only using a single currency type.

More info:

@dev.blesta.com said:
    https://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-3740
    Right now all services for a client are billed in the client's "Preferred Currency" regardless of the currency/price selected for the service.

Why there is two products in deferent currencies?
    you need to create your own plugin for that

edited January 2021

@pphillips said: We updated the core to allow support for these kinds of gateways and released the Stripe Payments gateway to take advantage of the core changes that were required.

Ok, that was a piece of information that was not clear. Thanks for confirming that this was updated. I updated my prior statement that the gateway modules are the issue.

• @Jorbox said:
    Why there is two products in deferent currencies?
    you need to create your own plugin for that

Did you not read the https://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-3740 ?
    Even if you made a new plugin that wouldn't fix the issue.
    Blesta will default to a single currency invoice regardless of what you code.