Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

help me 😔
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

help me 😔

ruhulamin7ruhulamin7 Member
edited January 2021 in Help

Solved...

Comments

• @ruhulamin7 said:
    Solved...

Read...

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Now please help us by re-posting the original content.

Thanked by 1kalimov622
  • XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep

what was your problem and how did you solve it. it may help other members in same situation !!

• EddingEdding Member
    edited January 2021

???

• OP was drunk. He stopped drinking. Problem solved.

Thanked by 2yoursunny ViridWeb
  • ruhulamin7ruhulamin7 Member
    edited January 2021

@Xsltel said:
    what was your problem and how did you solve it. it may help other members in same situation !!

vps ssl port are down,
    Thought if I could fix it, so i posted.

• @ben47955 said:
    OP was drunk. He stopped drinking. Problem solved.

actually i never drunk+Cigarettes etc

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ruhulamin7 said:
    Solved...

You're welcome

• @ruhulamin7 said:

20 a day + 4 pack maybe a good starting point then.

Thanked by 1its420somewhere
  • @brueggus said:

@ruhulamin7 said:
    Solved...

You're welcome

Thank youuuu

• @OsirisBlack said:

@ruhulamin7 said:

20 a day + 4 pack maybe a good starting point then.

:v

• @ruhulamin7 said:

@ben47955 said:

Actually People who drink and smoke lives longer than who didn't..

• @IamMad said:

@ruhulamin7 said:

@ben47955 said:

Actually People who drink and smoke lives longer than who didn't..

yup

• IamMadIamMad Member
    edited January 2021

@ruhulamin7 said:

@Xsltel said:

vps ssl port are down,
    Thought if I could fix it, so i posted.

So how you solve this issue?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@IamMad said: Actually People who drink and smoke lives longer than who didn't..

If that was true, life insurance rates would be lower for smokers. However, they're actually much, much higher.

• This should be a bannable offense.

• Probably depends what you smoke and drink:

Newports and Colt 45 😬

vs

Sativa and Merlot 😁

Thanked by 1skorous
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2021

Insurance policies are scam.. :smiley:

@ViridWeb said: Insurance policies are scam..

Oh really? How so?

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said:

Oh really? How so?

That's a joke.. :wink:

Btw, I just send you a PM. If you have time please check that.. not urgent.. :blush:

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited January 2021

It's legalized scam, at least in Canada.

For an example, house insurance.

You have to have it due to the laws and have to pay monthly for the shit. But they won't do anything when something happens to you. It won't cover fire or natural disaster (like roof being blown away by wind).

It will, however, cover roof damage caused by hail. It's weird shit.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Xsltel said:

Looks like his problem was a need for attention.
    Btw. someone not providing a hint in the title is unlikely to get help anyway, certainly not from me.

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint NanoG6

@raindog308 said:

Oh really? How so?

Anything mandated by law and requiring a large number of people to pay up is almost bound to invite scam and fraud.

Example: Oh how the politicians preached day in and out how sacrosanct pension funds were/are ... and then went to misuse them for diverse "urgent" projects, the majority of which was not even really benefiting the citizens.

And I've yet to see an insurance CEO quarreling with the board of directors over avoiding waste of money for the benefit of the insured (for their own they do save wherever they can).

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

OP made this thread 20mins after ticket open.

cPanel update on his vps solved the problem it seems

Can be closed.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

So, basically another PMSing case.

Gettin' lots of'em lately.

edited January 2021

@jsg said:

@raindog308 said:

Oh really? How so?

Anything mandated by law and requiring a large number of people to pay up is almost bound to invite scam and fraud.

Life insurance, as an example, is not mandated.

I was discussing life insurance which is just about thr purest risk you can name. It’s not a scam.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

/thread

@raindog308 said:

I was discussing life insurance which is just about thr purest risk you can name. It’s not a scam.

I'll rest my case with a hint: We have a relatively large insurance broker in our family and I have some insight into that field.

But you are at least in part right. Sometimes, although not often (far below 50%) the insurance company loses (relative to a single case)

• @deank said:
    It's legalized scam, at least in Canada.

For an example, house insurance.

You have to have it due to the laws and have to pay monthly for the shit. But they won't do anything when something happens to you. It won't cover fire or natural disaster (like roof being blown away by wind).

It will, however, cover roof damage caused by hail. It's weird shit.

This is like the third or forth thing you've said that really makes me doubt you're really Canadian. I can't think of anyone in my life that got denied home insurance claim that was valid (basement flooding comes to mind as being at least half dozen times in my life). ICBC auto/injury claims yes, house, no. Are you sketchy as fuck for you to have issues with banks and insurance companies?

Sister just had her condo covered by insurance from a charger plugged into a power bar on carpet that caught fire. New carpet, furniture, paint, etc. She came out way ahead.

Same sister had insurance coverage from the Fort McMurray fires a few years back, as did all my family members living there did. One brother was paid to do some repairs himself and "made"/"saved" thousands.

Another sister got coverage from a flood caused by trash compactor thingamajig in the sink. Caused like $12k damage to condo below her plus her damage. Covered.

I know that Ontario gets car damage from hail way too often. But I imagine it's a policy thing where you pay a higher premium for more coverage and completely up to the customer. I imagine hail factors far less in BC towards the premium than Ontario. And I imagine forest fires factor higher in BC/AB than Ontario.

• @raindog308 said:

@jsg said:

@raindog308 said:

Oh really? How so?

I think people don't like Life Insurance salesmen because they try and sell insurance they don't need. Life insurance makes sense to replace the breadwinner to provide for dependents.

When money is tight, it makes little sense to buy life insurance for the mom if she doesn't work and never makes sense for kids. But there is some benefit to insure the mother since a replacement care taker would take money (in effect the one salary was "paying" for the homemaker mom at some fantastic rate you can't get from a non-mom). But less sense if there's lots of family members, etc.

Tl;dr I have no dependents. I don't need life insurance. If you have dependents, you probably should.