Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
IntoVPS raises Prices <s>ends promo</s> in Cluj. No longer honoring 'recurring' pricing.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

IntoVPS raises Prices <s>ends promo</s> in Cluj. No longer honoring 'recurring' pricing.

alentoalento Member
edited January 11 in General

Hello all - received this email from IntoVPS in Romania today but it does not state whether they are discontinuing the promo, or actually raising prices for existing customers ...

Hi,

We’re ending the promotional price period for VPS’es from Cluj region.

For the last one year and a half our Cluj offering has been discounted with 40% from the standard pricing.

The Cluj region setup has modern gear and was only discounted to attract new users in the region. Cluj offers centralized redundant block storage option powered by Ceph. You can create SSD and HDD volumes, attach them to an instance and extend them. The volume block storage pricing is not changing. The centralized storage also enables us to provide Kubernetes clusters on our OpenStack infrastructure. Kubernetes in Cluj region will be announced in the following period.

On February 1st we’re ending the 40% discount period on Cluj VPS’es. For example, a 2GB RAM VPS with local storage was priced at $3 / month in Cluj and will have the standard price of $5 / month (taxes not included).

This price change applies to flavors with local storage (flavors with names like M2-new, M4-new etc.) and to flavors with centralized storage (flavors named v1.m2, v1.m4 etc.). E.g. v1.m2 flavor price will change from $2.40 to $4.00. The centralized storage price from Cluj remains the same.

If you have any questions our client service team is available 24/7.

IntoVPS Team

Recommended providers: BuyVM - MXroute - LunaNode - Forpsi - IntoVPS

Comments

• NyrNyr Member

I read it like they are increasing prices for existing servers too.

@intovps

• I just found the initial offer post from here on LowEndTalk and the offer is indeed recurring. I am amazed that they kept this promo going so long as they have been sold out of the offered VPS for at least a year now... anyways, glad to see that the pricing I received will continue. :)

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/159105/new-location-nvme-40g-fiber-massive-discount-free-directadmin/p1

• They also end the promotion for DirectAdmin

Hello,

We’re ending the promotional price period for DirectAdmin.

DirectAdmin has been included for free with any VPS in the last 18 months. We’re ending this promotional offer on February 1st.

After this date DirectAdmin will cost $2.50 / month (plus applicable taxes for European customers).

If you have any questions our client service team is available 24/7.

• I have just received a response to my ticket. They are raising prices for existing clients who have the 'recurring' promo as well ...

https://imgur.com/a/blQJxQX

Hello,

We are sorry for the ambiguity of the given message.
    The changes will apply to all services, new and current active services.

Regards,
    Lucian Suciu - IntoVPS

• so they are going the Hostmantis way...

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

@JasonM said:
    so they are going the Hostmantis way...

What does the contract say ?

Clouvider Limited - Leading Hosting & Connectivity Partner || Dedicated Server Sale from £39/m - Our Latest LET Offer

Cloud Web Hosting | SSD & SAS HA OnApp VPS | US, UK, NL & DE Dedicated Servers | Network Services | Colocation | Managed Services

• Just throw them in a dumpster and continue with others. There is more than enough good providers.

#!/Bashblog.net | Free Wordpress Hosting | If you can't idle, what's the point?

• @alento said:
    Regards,
    Lucian Suciu - IntoVPS

Is he cociu's brother? The name is pretty similar..

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, HostSailor, HostSolutions, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• Hm I might have some credit lying around with them still. Maybe I should use it up

• cazrzcazrz Member

I'm still fine with their regular pricing. But if they are increasing the price beyond the competition like raising 2GB to $12 without justification then that's really a different story.
    2GB for $5/month is still good price IMHO. Support is very good too. First response time is 30 minutes. Without no complications of answering dozens of questions before hitting the submit ticket unlike others.

2GB = $5/mo
    30 min initial response time
    good network uptime
    good performance

• alentoalento Member
    edited January 13

@cazrz said: I'm still fine with their regular pricing.

I agree completely. Their pricing is fine. I just have an issue with advertising a promotion as 'recurring' and then down the road not honoring that. We entered into a agreement for one price, honor that price.

This is really no different than what Hostmantis did several months ago.

Anyways, I have already cancelled my idling VPS and DirectAdmin license. So now their monthly revenue from me will go down.

Other than this issue though, they are an excellent provider.

Thanked by 1cazrz

• cazrzcazrz Member

@alento said:

@cazrz said: I'm still fine with their regular pricing.

I agree completely. Their pricing is fine. I just have an issue with advertising a promotion as 'recurring' and then down the road not honoring that. We entered into a agreement for one price, honor that price.

This is really no different than what Hostmantis did several months ago.

Anyways, I have already cancelled my idling VPS and DirectAdmin license. So now their monthly revenue from me will go down.

Other than this issue though, they are an excellent provider.

I also agree with keeping the promotion price.

However, I still understand them and at least they have stood on it for at least a year.

Maybe they should have put it on their terms, that promotional price are...

• Lifetime promos should be only for the lifetime of the hardware.
    • Recurring promos are subject to change with/without prior notice on a reasonable price change or competitive price and of should be at least one(1) year of effectiveness.

... something like that.

• WilliamWilliam Member, Provider

@alento said: The Cluj region setup has modern gear and was only discounted to attract new users in the region

Pff, i have seen that datacenter, modern is something else entirely. Probably still is singlehomed also.

@cazrz said: I also agree with keeping the promotion price.

EU law also agrees.