Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Contabo website
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Contabo website

Guys...
Today is an important and amazing day.
Contabo changed, and redesigned their website.
https://contabo.com/en/
Thought?

Thanked by 2lentro _MS_

Comments

• How is this important tho?

Thanked by 1boernd
  • @serv_ee said:
    How is this important tho?

Most of the people, said that because of their "low prices" Contabo isn't innovating.
    A new website, is a real brand identity.

Also, on their website, we can see that PoP/new locations are planned, like:
    -India
    -SE Asia

That's 2 important news.

Thanked by 3dosai _MS_ Ympker
  • @Tejy said:
    Today is an important and amazing day.

No I don't think so

• @Tejy said:

@serv_ee said:

Most of the people, said that because of their "low prices" Contabo isn't innovating.

-India
    -SE Asia

That's 2 important news.

Yeah it's great and all but their my.contabo.com still looks like it came from 1999.

Thanked by 1angelius
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited January 2021

Contabo? They neither have a provider tag nor appear on LEBRE allowlist, so they must be bad.

• Prices dropped? Nope. Nothing to see, carry on.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited January 2021

@yoursunny said:
    Contabo? They neither have a provider tag nor appear on LEBRE allowlist, so they must be bad.

That's odd, I thought you would like them. The impression I got was that people get contabos 4x epyc cores and abuse them 100% 24/7 for just 5 euros

• I see their price doesn't include VAT anymore, did this change with the new website or it's been for a while?

• @LTniger said:
    Prices dropped? Nope. Nothing to see, carry on.

Meanwhile the prices have actually increased, as they have now started to charge VAT on-top of the old prices (before, it was included).

Thanked by 2Levi webcraft
  • LeviLevi Member
    edited January 2021

@kalimov622 said:
    I see their price doesn't include VAT anymore, did this change with the new website or it's been for a while?

They website now adapts vat to your wish. Select it at the top of website.

• JioJio Member
    edited January 2021

What a strange way to list the OS. version, the default is 18

• Contabo is reliable. I've tried their VPS.
    Support is bit late. But quite friendly.

• @serv_ee said:

@Tejy said:

@serv_ee said:

-India
    -SE Asia

That's 2 important news.

Yeah it's great and all but their my.contabo.com still looks like it came from 1999.

LOL

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@yoursunny said:

microLXC does not appear on that list, FRAUD.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Neoon said:

@yoursunny said:

To get onto the LEBRE allowlist, you must send protein bars to @poisson in support of his 1000 push-ups in a day attempt.
    On the other hand, microLXC and Oracle Cloud and EUserv are free products so there's no financial risk for users.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@yoursunny said:

@Neoon said:

@yoursunny said:

To get onto the LEBRE allowlist, you must send protein bars to @poisson in support of his 1000 push-ups in a day attempt.
    On the other hand, microLXC and Oracle Cloud and EUserv are free products so there's no financial risk for users.

• Wow, India and Singapore (probably) together. That's new. Usually, Singapore is the only choice for many providers in Asia.

• Interesting indeed. I like the new look minus the spam of review sites like HostAdvice etc.

Must be Oakley's influencs, clearly.

• "© Contabo 2003-2020"

Seems like they hardworked on the site, and pretty much forogt that

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @valk said:
    "© Contabo 2003-2020"

Seems like they hardworked on the site, and pretty much forogt that

This part is interesting. Copyright date actually updated when significant part of text on the website is updated. Probably they just re-skinned their website without much of text changes. In that case copyright dates are intact.

• active8active8 Member
    edited January 2021

@kalimov622 said: I see their price doesn't include VAT anymore, did this change with the new website or it's been for a while?

Yep noticed the same, so they have raised the prices with 21% ?

from my invoice:
    Subscription Monthly price Period Amount

VPS S SSD
    server1 4.99 €

VPS S SSD
    server 4.99 €

VPS S SSD
    server3 4.99 €
    Subtotal
    (recurring fees) 14.97 €
    Cumulative net 12.37 €
    +21.0% VAT 2.60 €

Cumulative gross 14.97 €

But now i have to pay 14.97 + 21 % = 18,05 Euro !

• LucLuc Member

they raised the prices, before the vat was included now its on top. So for germany its a price raise of 19%.

Also they removed the HDD with SSD Cach VPS which was 3.99€ (incl. vat).

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited January 2021

https://contabo.com/blog/contabo-website-relaunch-improved-experience-same-german-quality/

Better VAT-Handling in the EU
    We have added a country selector and changed the price logic to better comply with European Union regulations on VAT and non-discriminatory treatment. Now, there is the same net price across the globe with the applicable tax on top of that. This is only applicable for new orders.

At least already existing services are safe.

--

From positive changes: they introduced credit cards as payment option (Welcome to 2021 Contabo!) and some kind of API for purchases.

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited January 2021

@Luc said:
    they raised the prices, before the vat was included now its on top. So for germany its a price raise of 19%.

It's still there https://contabo.com/en/storage-vps/
    Large HDD Storage
    Quick Provisioning
    SSD Cache

• LucLuc Member

@kalimov622 said:

@Luc said:

It's still there https://contabo.com/en/storage-vps/
    Large HDD Storage
    Quick Provisioning
    SSD Cache

Ah, they did split the VPS from the others - did not see them :)

• I have not tried them. Their vps packages are monsters. I'm in awe with vCPU number and storage Wow. Anyone tried them right? How long?

• LucLuc Member

@team_traitor said:
    I have not tried them. Their vps packages are monsters. I'm in awe with vCPU number and storage Wow. Anyone tried them right? How long?

They are on the market for years now - pretty solid.

Thanked by 1team_traitor
  • @team_traitor said:
    I have not tried them. Their vps packages are monsters. I'm in awe with vCPU number and storage Wow. Anyone tried them right? How long?

They're alright. Disk performance isn't the most wonderful and those cpus are old and I think oversold. RAM capacity and disk capacity are great though, if thats something your application needs.
    For personal use I'd recommend them, check out the spec/price ratio and assess whether it fits your expected workload.
    For any serious business/project I dont think they're a good fit. A common complaint from others is lack of proper ddos protection, the one they have doesnt work very well and they tend to nullroute quite fast.
    I was with them for a year and a half, the reasons I moved on are complex and not worth getting into here but it wasnt on bad terms.

• HakimHakim Member
    edited January 2021

@team_traitor said:

Using one of their 4.99euro SSD one. It's been around 6 months. Never had an issue. The VPS is on an epyc node. With 4core, I always got around 1800-2700 GB5 score as far I can remember. Never seen any issue with Disk & network performance.

Used the same plan with Windows & Linux before. Probably windows for around 4-6 months, Linux 3-4 months. Everything was fine at that time too. Always got tech related support mail reply withing an hour. As they deliver the server manually, I had to wait around 2 days when I ordered on a non-business day.

BTW, I didn't run any serious applications direct there. Currently running plex and a few other personal applications. Previously run an API server. And windows server as RDP.

Thanked by 1team_traitor
  • They are solid. Tried the 4.99 server to host busy website without problem. The only problem is (for me) their location quite far far away from my audience. Hopefully SEA location (SG?) will come up with same spec and price with the other.