Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a free cpanel alternative - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a free cpanel alternative

Comments

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2020

I still can't access cyberpanel demo cuz i get ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR

@fitkoh said: The demo worked fine for me. It does have an expired ssl cert.

Was finally able to use the demo and i will most defenedly use CyberPanel

Thank y'all for help with this, i could never find those panel by myself, will most defenedly upade after i will configure everything.

• @skorupion said:
    I still can't access cyberpanel demo cuz i get ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR

@fitkoh said: The demo worked fine for me. It does have an expired ssl cert.

Was finally able to use the demo and i will most defenedly use CyberPanel

Thank y'all for help with this, i could never find those panel by myself, will most defenedly upade after i will configure everything.

I got SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

caprover

• jonathajonatha Member
    edited December 2020
    Thanked by 1HWAYS

@fitkoh said: I got SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE

Change https:// to http://

Thanked by 1fitkoh
  • There are various like aapanel , Centos webpanel etc

• @ericls said:
    caprover

Thanks! That's an unknown software but amazing! :D

• Which is currently the cheapest renewal told ?want to a domain for 10 years tld doesn't matter

• niceboyniceboy Veteran
    edited January 2021

@codelock said:
    Which is currently the cheapest renewal told ?want to a domain for 10 years tld doesn't matter

if you are looking for a cheapest tld, I believe your options are .win and .cyou which cost you ~$2/y.

• Some providers offer free Direct Admin license with VPS purchase. Why not use that offer if you already not have a server?

@TheKiller said: Some providers offer free Direct Admin license with VPS purchase. Why not use that offer if you already not have a server?

The thing is that i do, and im very happy with it, and unlikely to change

• kalipuskalipus Member
    edited January 2021

@TheKiller said:
    Some providers offer free Direct Admin license with VPS purchase. Why not use that offer if you already not have a server?

which exactly?

• @kalipus said:

@TheKiller said:
    Some providers offer free Direct Admin license with VPS purchase. Why not use that offer if you already not have a server?

which exactly?

Nexusbytes @seriesn

• @Salomon123 said:

@kalipus said:

@TheKiller said:

which exactly?

Nexusbytes @seriesn

I have been summoned.

• CyberPanel from litespeed is prem!

• @skorupion said:
    Looking for something like cPanel, no need for resell its all gonna be 1 account. Needs to be free and have an app store (eg. one click WordPress installation or one click nextcloud installation). MUST run on ubuntu server 18.10

ISPConfig

• @skorupion said:
    Thanks for all of the recommendations.
    I have checked them out and here is what i think:

@nyamenk said: aapanel

Currently i use aapanel and have been using it for the 3 past months, but i don't like it, tho it's better than nothing.

@seriesn said: Join the family and enjoy Free Directadmin or Apiscp

The demo of ApisCP looks very nice and it seems to have all of the features that i want, but it is only Free for 30 days.

@nyamenk said: hestiacp
    @niceboy said: Hestiacp - has everything you need and free.

HestiaCP looks decent but it doesn't have one click installation of Nextcloud, which i really want to have.

@nyamenk said: cyberpanel
    @dustinc said: You could look into CyberPanel

CyberPanel has a broken demo, so i wasn't able to test it.

@lokuzard said: KeyHelp.
    @niceboy said: Keyhelp/webuzo - free but don't have app installer in free version.

Keyhelp has the installers that i need, and i will probably switch to it, and Keyhelp doesn't have even a paid version.

@niceboy said: Keyhelp/webuzo - free but don't have app installer in free version.

Webuzo i wasn't even able to find the option to change the language from Deutch.

@seriesn said: Join the family and enjoy Free Directadmin or Apiscp

DirectAdmin is only free for 2 months, afterwards it costs at least 2$/month.

@aRNoLD said: my suggestion is EasyEngine, and perhaps Webinoly.

EasyEngine is just engine for wordpress and not a Control Panel.

@aRNoLD said: my suggestion is EasyEngine, and perhaps Webinoly.

Webinoly is once again just an engine and not a control panel.

@HWAYS said: i also suggest SlickStack.

SlickStack once again wordpress engine, not Contol Panlel.

@SnowStylez said: froxlor use a big German Hoster(Nitrado)

froxlor doesn't have one click installation.

@elliotc said: Yunohost?

Yunohost has all the features that i need, but i have tried it in the past and don't like it.

Create your own panel bro.

• MyVestaCP (fork VestaCP)

• if it is one account for just Wordpress and/or nextcloud, then no need to install a free hosting panel. Try one of cloud hosted solutions with GUI

• Strictly speaking, there is no free CPanel alternative

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • lyb9blyb9b Member
    edited January 2021

Before choose any open source control panel check security audit:

https://www.rack911labs.com/research/security-analysis-of-alternative-control-panels/

Thanked by 2fitkoh ferri
  • PrepaidHostPrepaidHost Member, Patron Provider

Check out Keyhelp :)
    I think Keyhelp is a good alternative to CPanel and Plesk. It has many functions and is very clear.
    Link: https://www.keyhelp.de/

Thanked by 1Tony40
  • Hi,

Free Alternative

CWP (Centos Web Panel)

• You might want to read this security analysis. It's a little old, but it is hard to ignore their closing thoughts about CentOS Web Panel (Control Web Panel) and VestaCP.

We would strongly recommend users avoid CentOS Web Panel and VestaCP. The developers are terrible at communicating and it’s our opinion that their programming experience has no security mindset in place which would likely lead to further security vulnerabilities in the future.

https://rack911labs.ca/research/security-analysis-of-alternative-control-panels/

At the end of this article

As for CyberPanel, while they did have the highest amount of security vulnerabilities found, they also patched everything in a timely manner and their communication was decent. The developers do seem keen on improving their product and while we’re not ready to recommend them just yet, we also don’t think they deserve to be avoided. It’s safe to assume we will revisit CyberPanel in the future for another audit to see where things stand.

That just shows that it is outdated

• to be honest cantos web panel is the closest panel to cpanel by design even the port are the same.. but I hear that the panel security is not perfect

• I get on fine, using just the basics (forget nginx/varnish) of CWP but the developers leave a lot to be desired - said politely.
    With just a little bit of familiarity, I find it the easiest of all the panels and it doesn't adopt the Plesk-like silly home directory structure, of others. Yes, there are rough edges but generally they can be worked around.
    I do get the horrible feeling that it may break on any (near) daily update though; QA/testing is alien to CWP.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @AlwaysSkint said:
    I get on fine, using just the basics (forget nginx/varnish) of CWP but the developers leave a lot to be desired - said politely.
    With just a little bit of familiarity, I find it the easiest of all the panels and it doesn't adopt the Plesk-like silly home directory structure, of others. Yes, there are rough edges but generally they can be worked around.
    I do get the horrible feeling that it may break on any (near) daily update though; QA/testing is alien to CWP.

I have already working VPS on CWP PRO,

Is it open-source ?

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

For OP, there is no other cPanel..
    Thats said, if you are used to cPanel then you can't find other Hosting Panel for you, so leave it aside and start afresh .
    There is virtualmin also .