Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zoho or Postale free email
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Zoho or Postale free email

I have been using my webhosting cpanel webmail. However, I am looking to move to other free email alternatives for now. Found only Zoho and Postale provide free email for domains. Zoho seems to be popular but their free tier does not provide IMAP, email forwarding services. Postale provides these services for free but did not find much reviews on Google since they seem to be a new company.

Please suggest which one is better.

Comments

• orion504orion504 Member
    edited January 2021

For serious email, MXRoute for a coffee/year is the best bet, if you asked LET :D For hobby one, Postale is not too bad. Another option should be Gmail with custom domain by using email forwarding from your domain provider (something like https://themeisle.com/blog/use-gmail-with-your-own-domain-name/)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Mxroute excellente mail hosting for the price of a coffee per year.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • second with mxroute.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • alentoalento Member, Host Rep

MXRoute is excellent but it is not free. Some resellers do offer smaller plans though if you'd prefer.

If you want free there is Yandex Connect https://pdd.yandex.com

Thanked by 1kalipus
  • MXroute has pretty weak spam filter and it acts strangely. Once I got abuse report from my VPS provider for sending SPAM to my own inbox with MXroute :D . Those messages was simple CRON reports. And they drop potential spam, not quarantine (this behavior is changeable I think).

Go with zoho for free. Their anti-spam filters are wayyy better than standard SpamAssassin in posteo :)

Thanked by 2kidrock kalipus
  • DianTamaDianTama Member
    edited January 2021

I've been using Zoho mail free tier & paid tier since 5 years ago, and from my perspective, Zoho mail has everything I need, from the easy to use UI on their webmail, deliverability and etc.

As far as I remember, My Zoho free tier has POP, IMAP, & email forwarding. Does it disabled recently?

• Any specific reason to go free only?

Thanked by 1navinp
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@DianTama said:
    As far as I remember, My Zoho free tier has POP, IMAP, & email forwarding. Does it disabled recently?

You have a grandfathered account, they haven't offered IMAP in the free product for a few years already.

Thanked by 2DianTama kidrock
  • YandexMail for domains is much better than zoho.

Thanked by 1kalipus
  • I used zoho for couple of years but moved to mxroute. All good so far.

• @DianTama said:
    I've been using Zoho mail free tier & paid tier since 5 years ago, and from my perspective, Zoho mail has everything I need, from the easy to use UI on their webmail, deliverability and etc.

Yes, they have disabled these addons on free tier.

Thanked by 2DianTama vimalware
  • @vyas11 said:
    Any specific reason to go free only?

Just a blog site with not much email correspondence.

• @TheKiller said:
    YandexMail for domains is much better than zoho.

Read few bad complaints regarding Yandexmail like email deliverability issues and deleted emails as well.

• @Nyr said:

@DianTama said:

You have a grandfathered account, they haven't offered IMAP in the free product for a few years already.

Is it possible to get the grandfathered account?

• @kidrock said:

@TheKiller said:
    YandexMail for domains is much better than zoho.

Read few bad complaints regarding Yandexmail like email deliverability issues and deleted emails as well.

Using it since 2016 for a few of my domains and there is no deliverability issue. Emails are being delivered to hotmail and gmail without any issues.

• I use Free Zoho Mail by few years and was OK all this time.

Yandex can be good, but I had problems (deactivated settings) when I tried to connect to other online services. Some (test) emails were never delivered. So, I don't trust Yandex so much.

But Zoho was OK for me. And free :)

Thanked by 1kidrock
  • agomezagomez Member, Host Rep

+1 Mxroute.

Free option zoho.

Thanked by 1kidrock
  • I feel the urge to advise "Go postal."

• +1 Mxroute, less than a coffee/year.

I have use the $5 plan for years.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited January 2021

OP wants free service but has some issue or another with every recommendation so far. They should probably use improvmx or similar and call it a day. Since outgoing was not mentioned in the first post, (imap/rmail forwarding was) now don’t add the smtp requirement also and waste others time.
    Thank you

Thanked by 1tokoyuki
  • kidrockkidrock Member
    edited January 2021

@vyas11 said:
    now don’t add the smtp requirement also.
    Thank you

I see mentions of SMTP. What is this used for?
    My basic requirement is that I just want to receive emails if someone sends email via Contact Us page on my site and I can reply them. Normally, I don't receive much emails. Currently using cpanel webmail for this purpose but I just want to try/learn other free options.

• TicagaTicaga Member
    edited January 2021

I love Mailinabox (mailinabox.email) for emails.

• I am happy with free Yandex mail. I have one academy domain hosted with them. I open a support ticket once, and got helpful response a couple minutes later. Support team even tell me that they can raise mailboxes number if its necessary.

• @Blestastore mailinabox is for self hosted emails. OP is looking for providers who provide free email service using his own domain.

Thanked by 1Ticaga
  • kidrockkidrock Member
    edited January 2021

Just saw this about mxroute $30 lifetime plan mentioned here
    https://wpjohnny.com/mxroute-email-hosting-review/
    Could not find this plan. Is it still available @jar ?

• Learnt today from this discussion that free actually could mean US $30. Brilliant

• @kidrock said:

Just saw this about mxroute $30 lifetime plan mentioned here
    https://wpjohnny.com/mxroute-email-hosting-review/
    Could not find this plan. Is it still available @jar ?

https://mxroute.com/#:~:text=Lifetime Promo!&text=These include 10GB storage, unlimited,may not be any more!

10GB, cost $99

We have a very limited number of lifetime packages to sell. These include 10GB storage, unlimited email accounts, unlimited domains, and 300 outbound emails per hour limit. All regular features included like Crossbox, Roundcube, Rainloop, and our DirectAdmin-based control panel. Get it now for $99, when it’s sold out there may not be any more! Read more about how we are able to offer this.

Thanked by 1jar
  • kidrockkidrock Member
    edited January 2021

@vyas11 said:
    Learnt today from this discussion that free actually could mean US $30. Brilliant

Look bhaiya, if you can't help, don't be a dik wit your sarcasm. Already I am going through a very bad time since last year and mentally fighting a suicidal state. I am trying to fight this state by trying to learn and keep my mind/brain away from that state since I am a keen enthusiast. I am a very very emotional person and I don't need more sarcasm from you that will trigger my emotions to make me do some wrong decision that will affect my family.

Is asking opinion about free things a sin? I may not be able to afford much with my financial position and present situation. There may be many members in the group who may be new and don't have budget. This will help those in choosing and starting with a free option in the start too. If you cannot help with suggestions but keep on commenting few times with sarcasm only,
    you may not know what other person's condition is right now and don't think everyone is as rich as you. Learn Vedas, Gita and be a kind nature helping others.

Ps: Sorry if I offence any others.

Update: This may seem like a personal thing and a small issue to others but I have been fighting my mental state and keeping calm from wrong decision since few months. But today, suddenly, after reading his comments, I don't know why I felt too emotional and that triggered a mental breakdown on me. I just locked out my mom from my flat unknowingly (mind and brain suddenly lost) and she waited few mins knocking and worried when i did not answer. I did not even knew she was left out and did not hear knock too. Thanks to you I had to go through this state once again today after keeping calm for few months and fighting mentally. You will never be forgiven by me and gods. On my birthday, now today, i have to fight my mental state and find something else to cheer me up whole day today.