Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for 2 vps server kvm in germany . details inside
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for 2 vps server kvm in germany . details inside

murad0522murad0522 Member
edited January 2021 in Requests

Hi

im looking for two vps kvm
the first one should be 16= gb ram and good cpu configuration as I'm gonna run java script on it .. budget on this up to 20 $
second one is 4gb ram at least two core ,, for light work

server must be dosattack protected

onemore request I need debian 8.2

payment through Paypal

plz include IP address for ping

Comments

• Hetzner, PHP-Friends, Avoro

Thanked by 1Avoro
  • You know Debian 8 is end of life.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Check with @seriesn

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • I'd have a look at Hetzner Cloud but even then you're going to need to increase your budget.

• cxscxs Member

contabo 8.99 EUR / month six cores 16GB RAM

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@murad0522 said:
    Hi

im looking for two vps kvm
    the first one should be 16= gb ram and good cpu configuration as I'm gonna run java script on it .. budget on this up to 20 $
    second one is 4gb ram at least two core ,, for light work

server must be dosattack protected

onemore request I need debian 8.2

payment through Paypal

plz include IP address for ping

https://readydedis.com/cloud-servers you didnt give budget for 4GB?

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@cxs said: contabo 8.99 EUR / month six cores 16GB RAM

Can recommend

• verovero Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2021

@rajat said:
    Check with @seriesn

Aren't their German servers at Hetzer?

@skorupion said:

@cxs said: contabo 8.99 EUR / month six cores 16GB RAM

Can recommend

Can't find Debian 8 on their offerings.

@chocolateshirt said:
    Hetzner, PHP-Friends, Avoro

Hetzner cloud also does not seem to offer Debian 8 by default. Perhaps it is still available under some options.

netcup might be worth checking out, still I doubt you find Debian 8 there also.

• Any responsible provider will have removed Debian 8, since, as Razza mentioned, it's been EOL since June last year.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited January 2021

@daffy said:
    Any responsible provider will have removed Debian 8, since, as Razza mentioned, it's been EOL since June last year.

Having outdated image on the order form should be considered a red flag. CentOS 6 and Ubuntu 14 are both @EOL. cc @dustinc

I think it's OK to offer EOL system in two cases:

• existing users can reinstall
    • new users can install, but only after they open a ticket to acknowledge the risks

Otherwise, user should not be able to install EOL'ed system on the order form or in the control panel. The worst is selecting an EOL'ed system by default, which is the case in the screenshot. Suppose the user orders a box without changing this setting, then idles the box for a few days, there's a significant risk of the box getting hacked and being abused.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@yoursunny said:

@daffy said:
    Any responsible provider will have removed Debian 8, since, as Razza mentioned, it's been EOL since June last year.

Having outdated image on the order form should be considered a red flag. CentOS 6 and Ubuntu 14 are both @EOL. cc @dustinc

Thanks for pointing this out - we've removed Ubuntu 14.04 and CentOS 6 from the order form - though some customers, especially developers, request older versions. Those that desire an older OS, can reinstall after ordering through SolusVM. We also are open to downloading/mounting Linux ISO's of choice, free of charge.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited January 2021

@yoursunny said:

@daffy said:

Having outdated image on the order form should be considered a red flag.

Probably yes.

I think it's OK to offer EOL system in two cases:

• existing users can reinstall
    • new users can install, but only after they open a ticket to acknowledge the risks

Otherwise, user should not be able to install EOL'ed system on the order form or in the control panel.

Why so harshly paternalizing? Why not let clients freely choose whatever distro and version they want (from the client panel - not when ordering). And what's that "a ticket to acknowledge the risks" all about? (other than trying to keep them away from doing it).

Hell, do you have an idea how many bazillions of stone age 2.6 kernel based boxes are out there.

As for safety/security: a poorly configured Unix/linux box, no matter the kernel version, is far more of a problem then a properly configured recent - or not - kernel box.
    "BUT, but, but they don't get fixes and updates anymore??!!" - so what? Them stone age boxen don't get updates, yes, but they also didn't get the thousands of bugs in newer versions.

So, "don't make it easy, let alone the default to install old versions" - OK, I agree.
    But "let them open a ticket to acknowledge the risk, take a blood test, and show their ID and birth certificate too!!!" - No, absolutely not. Providers are not the linux police, they are there to give us what we want.

@time4vps most likely are offering Debian 8 https://www.time4vps.com/knowledgebase/what-os-do-you-offer/ , though their data center is in Lithuania (not that far away from DE).

• Hetzner, Contabo, Php Friends