Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Regarding providers of performance VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Regarding providers of performance VPS

ThinVpsThinVps Member
edited January 2021 in Requests

Hello low enders :smile:

I have cheapest hetzner vps (3e/month), and know about rs netcup.
Are there any similar performance vps like netcup, with 2.5 gbit line? Are there any vps with 10gbit dedicated line (i could not find any)?

And just some additional questions, whats the monthly cap on RS at the moment? 120? 150TB? If i recall it used to be 80TB. Also is it both (in and out) or just (out)?

And when it comes to their speed limit, is it true if you max out 2.5 Gbit (312.5MB/s) for an hour, they will put a cap? What if i put a speed limit at 275 MB/s, would i be safe? At a moment running hetzner auction dedi 39e/month (2x 3TB + 960GB data server ssd), thinking of just getting performance vps (320-800 GB), and dropping both- dedi and hetzner cloud/vps.

Thanks a lot :)

Comments

• 10gbps on a vps is a shared line. Which means there maybe times that you may not be able to use the full speed or even 2.5 gbps like you want. It would depend on how many other users are using the port to the max at the same time. You might be better finding a dedicated server with a 10gbps port.

Thanked by 1ThinVps
  • ThinVpsThinVps Member
    edited January 2021

I am done with shared services, and if there are none dedicated vps 10gbit providers, then im fine with netcup 2.5Gbit. I actually had 2.5Gbit from canvyy... i can even barely look at dedicated 1gbit services anymore after experiencing 2.5 Gbit vps :) Just wondering if there are similar vps providers to netcups dedicated 2.5 Gbit? and just the questions i asked regarding netcup speed limit, and monthly cap. If it could be answered, would be great (at their main RS website says nothing about monthly limit and speed cap) :) Thanks a lot :)

• @hotlineservers said:
    10gbps on a vps is a shared line. Which means there maybe times that you may not be able to use the full speed or even 2.5 gbps like you want. It would depend on how many other users are using the port to the max at the same time. You might be better finding a dedicated server with a 10gbps port.

I have multible servers from netcup. If the routing to your source is alright, there is no problem at all maxing the 2.5gbps on most of their nodes.

The cap is 80TB on Netcup. And yes, they will throttle you if you are to hard on the pedal.

Thanked by 1ThinVps
  • ThinVpsThinVps Member
    edited January 2021

@Barnesanger said:

I have multible servers from netcup. If the routing to your source is alright, there is no problem at all maxing the 2.5gbps on most of their nodes.

The cap is 80TB on Netcup. And yes, they will throttle you if you are to hard on the pedal.

Didnt they upgraded to like 120TB? Is it in+out or just out?
    and whats hard to the pedal.... i heard if you max out full bandwith for an hour. Which is 312.5 theoretically. I was able to achieve 292/290ish with Canvyy. Constantly did 200-250MB/s. Do speeds like that would attract attention? Or would i be safe? Whats the true rule from Netcup regarding their hourly speed limit? I also read that its 80% of the bandwith for an hour. So literally read like 10 different things, so wondering what is the exact rule.
    I been told this is a place to ask, so before pulling trigger just trying to find out actual rules and experiences of heavy users.

• @ThinVps said:

@Barnesanger said:

Didnt they upgraded to like 120TB? Is it in+out or just out?
    and whats hard to the pedal.... i heard if you max out full bandwith for an hour. Which is 312.5 theoretically. I was able to achieve 292/290ish with Canvyy. Constantly did 200-250MB/s. Do speeds like that would attract attention? Or would i be safe? Whats the true rule from Netcup regarding their hourly speed limit? I also read that its 80% of the bandwith for an hour. So literally read like 10 different things, so wondering what is the exact rule.
    I been told this is a place to ask, so before pulling trigger just trying to find out actual rules and experiences of heavy users.

You are right about the 120TB, my mistake.
    It only counts traffic out.

Also, read their TOS if you want to know how, and when they throttle. They do enforce their TOS.

Thanked by 1ThinVps
  • ThinVpsThinVps Member
    edited January 2021

There is nothing about hourly or any other speed limit in TOS, nor on the actual description on RS on their website. Though i heard about the speed limit... as i said, heard that if you max out for an hour, also heard if you max 80% for an hour. Anyone here actually knows the reality... since netcup is popular here and highly used?

• ThinVpsThinVps Member
    edited January 2021

Nevermind, finally found it. The limit is 1GBIT CONTINIOUSLY per hour.

• Does anyone know for how long netcup caps you at 200Mbps if 1gbit rule is violated?

• @ThinVps said: now for how long netcup caps you at 200Mbps if 1gbit rule is violated?

My experience is about 7-8 hours

Thanked by 1ThinVps
  • I'd say it's pretty safe to max out 1gbit/s for hours on their root server. My regular price rs never draw any abuse report.
    But one of my bf special server got abuse report repeatedly about attacking and they disabled the network connection. I said I used for private torrenting and they just enabled connection.

Thanked by 1ThinVps
  • ThinVpsThinVps Member
    edited January 2021

@lushdog said:
    I'd say it's pretty safe to max out 1gbit/s for hours on their root server. My regular price rs never draw any abuse report.
    But one of my bf special server got abuse report repeatedly about attacking and they disabled the network connection. I said I used for private torrenting and they just enabled connection.

I been told by their customer support and i quote "You will only get throttled when you have used up your 120TB per month AND have been using 1Gbit for 60min. This limit will be in effect for the whole month." Since they said AND, and not OR, i re-asked to make sure... does 1gbit limit wont apply, if still under 120TB limit, and got answer "Yes, that's correct."
    Therefore it means Root server is 120 TB in and out (been told this also by customer service), and can use speed as much as you want, as long as under 120TB monthly limit. Question is, is 2.5Gbit sustainable. I had Canvyy 2.5Gbit and it was sustainable while torrenting. Both canvyy and netcup uses Anexia/Alexia or whatever its called, so i assume netcup RS should rock as well.