Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pacificrack.com, pay me the default fine - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

pacificrack.com, pay me the default fine

Comments

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Are sure that your real name is "pacificrack lv" ?

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited January 2021

@iPIRpa

I won't pretend to really care about this as it is likely a mix of language barrier and low end support for a cheap service.

That said, I will try to clarify the one thing that stands out to me here.

They want to understand WHY you are using all of the bandwidth allocated to you. While most providers don't care your use case of the bandwidth, as you continue to exceed the bandwidth limit they have placed on their services, they want to understand what makes you the outlier (as likely most other people using the same level of service do not exceed their limit). It would also be quite obvious to me, based on you running out of bandwidth, that you likely are not only just running a website on that VPS, you are likely also hosting a VPN or something else which is contributing to your bandwidth usage which you are not disclosing. Without a satisfactory reply clarifying why you are needing to use the full amount of bandwidth of the server on multiple occasions, when most websites will not need such an amount, they will likely not restore your account and continue to consider it abusive, even if you don't think it is.

TL;DR:
    Either be honest with them and tell them what you are using the bandwidth for directly or move on and find another service where the bandwidth usage / use case you have is a better fit. Right now, without clarification, they are telling you (with actions) that they don't believe you are a good fit for their service, so if you are not ready to be honest with them about your use, move on and find a new service. They don't owe you anything as far as I can see.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 2iPIRpa TimboJones
  • @smallbibi said:

@iPIRpa said:

@smallbibi said:
    How are you using 2 TB bandwidth for a blog? There's only 2 possibilities.

1. Your server is compromised
    2. You're using your server for something else.

In the case of 2, many use cases which use TBs of bandwidth are against most providers' terms of service. You need to tell them how you are using the bandwidth.

i read pacificrack.com's TOS more than 5 times, i'm sure that i am not against the TOS.

If you tell support you are using the server for a blog and they see your 2 TB bandwidth, they will assume your server is compromised. If you are so sure you are not against TOS, tell them how you are using the bandwidth or they assume you either got hacked or you are abusing network.

yes, pacificrack.com is assuming that i'm abusing network. pacificrack.com did not provide any clear and countable definitions about network abuse attacks, and make me promise it. i can not accept a trumped-up network abuse attacks.

• @iPIRpa said:

@smallbibi said:

@iPIRpa said:

@smallbibi said:

In the case of 2, many use cases which use TBs of bandwidth are against most providers' terms of service. You need to tell them how you are using the bandwidth.

i read pacificrack.com's TOS more than 5 times, i'm sure that i am not against the TOS.

If you tell support you are using the server for a blog and they see your 2 TB bandwidth, they will assume your server is compromised. If you are so sure you are not against TOS, tell them how you are using the bandwidth or they assume you either got hacked or you are abusing network.

yes, pacificrack.com is assuming that i'm abusing network. pacificrack.com did not provide any clear and countable definitions about network abuse attacks, and make me promise it. i can not accept a trumped-up network abuse attacks.

So, why did you tell support you are using VPS for a blog? Why not tell them what you are really using the bandwidth on? You said you read tos 5 times and you are sure you are not against tos.

• @smallbibi said:

@iPIRpa said:

@smallbibi said:

@iPIRpa said:

@smallbibi said:

So, why did you tell support you are using VPS for a blog? Why not tell them what you are really using the bandwidth on? You said you read tos 5 times and you are sure you are not against tos.

i think i have the rights to use 2TB bandwidth within TOS, i paid. it's not my duty to tell pacificrack.com what i am using on.

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

@iPIRpa said:

@smallbibi said:

@iPIRpa said:

@smallbibi said:

@iPIRpa said:

@smallbibi said:

i think i have the rights to use 2TB bandwidth within TOS, i paid. it's not my duty to tell pacificrack.com what i am using on.

It is not your duty unless asked. The provider has the right to refuse service.

Actually. ANY PLACE HAS THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE 🤣

Thanked by 1lentro
  • @thedp said:
    This place is starting to turn into Craigslist's rants & raves.

:D

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@thedp said:
    This place is starting to turn into Craigslist's rants & raves.

Too many PMSing gender confused men/boys.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

@iPIRpa said:
    [pr-1c1024m13g1024m2048g-bandwidth]. pacificrack.com broke the contract, please pay me the default fine, it's $7.425 .

Is this 7 dollar or 7000 usd? Regardless, where does any of their contracts specify a "default fine"?

What i am seeing is in their tos:

1. Service Abuse Violation => may terminate the account without notice
    1. Cancellation => a. PacificRack reserves the right to terminate service at any time. If an account is terminated for a policy violation there will be no refund.

So the maximum you may hope for is a refund. as far as i can tell.

my VPS was suspended due to bandwidth over usage at Dec. 15 2021. i did not check it and asked pacificrack.com when the bandwidth will be reset. the trouble comes.

so basically you went over the limit :)
    I guess its up to good will on their part.

firstly, pacificrack.com wanted to re-install my VPS, i refused, what i need is only reset the bandwidth and activate my VPS.

Its human to have communication errors. Maybe you could provide some insight into the corresponding ticket?

Jan.3 2021, pacificrack.com asked me to promise that there will be no more network abuse attacks before they unseal. it makes me confused, i can not make a promise so hasty.

that is unfortunate, however if its a good will/faith solution on their part, i would expect the same from the customer.

i can not pay $30.00/30min for the support from pacificrack.com, i tried call 1-877-420-7225 but it guides me to open tickets for support, i'm sorry for using LET as a desk.

When choosing a provider i would suggest inquiring what kind of support is covered as part of the contract, and what the other billables/extras might be.

:)

• On a somewhat related note, how hard is it to find a tech support guy who can speak both English and Chinese ?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@SGraf

Nice analysis but frankly, I'm a bit disappointed that nobody has written a dissertation on this (not really) case yet.

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

@ninja1337 said:
    On a somewhat related note, how hard is it to find a tech support guy who can speak both English and Chinese ?

I assume equally hard like any other language, if you care for quality.

@jsg said:
    @SGraf

Nice analysis but frankly, I'm a bit disappointed that nobody has written a dissertation on this (not really) case yet.

If you want i can dm you my hourly rate for that...

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    @iPIRpa

I won't pretend to really care about this as it is likely a mix of language barrier and low end support for a cheap service.

That said, I will try to clarify the one thing that stands out to me here.

They want to understand WHY you are using all of the bandwidth allocated to you. While most providers don't care your use case of the bandwidth, as you continue to exceed the bandwidth limit they have placed on their services, they want to understand what makes you the outlier (as likely most other people using the same level of service do not exceed their limit). It would also be quite obvious to me, based on you running out of bandwidth, that you likely are not only just running a website on that VPS, you are likely also hosting a VPN or something else which is contributing to your bandwidth usage which you are not disclosing. Without a satisfactory reply clarifying why you are needing to use the full amount of bandwidth of the server on multiple occasions, when most websites will not need such an amount, they will likely not restore your account and continue to consider it abusive, even if you don't think it is.

TL;DR:
    Either be honest with them and tell them what you are using the bandwidth for directly or move on and find another service where the bandwidth usage / use case you have is a better fit. Right now, without clarification, they are telling you (with actions) that they don't believe you are a good fit for their service, so if you are not ready to be honest with them about your use, move on and find a new service. They don't owe you anything as far as I can see.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

yes, you get it. you understand pacificrack.com quite well. but i can not agree with you, you did not clarify the rights and duties. pacificrack.com owes me the default fine.
    i paid an VPS for 1 year, i have the rights to use all of the bandwidth within TOS.
    pacificrack.com can suspend it if the bandwidth exceeded. pacificrack.com can suspend it with a clear and countable bandwidth abuse rule too, it is pacificrack.com's rights.
    but pacificrack.com deleted my bandwidth overaged VPS with an undefined network abuse attacks reason, this is facts.
    suspending my VPS with an undefined network abuse attacks reason over 3 days, it breaches the contract.
    deleting my VPS with an undefined network abuse attacks reason before the date of expiration, it breaches the contract.

thank you for reading my post carefully.
    if someday you were reported as network abuse attacks with undefined rules, you can understand me.

PS: a real VPN traffic, it's symmetrical. https://i.loli.net/2021/01/06/CFP4zWgrUykbah7.png

• @Saiku said:

@iPIRpa said:

@smallbibi said:

@iPIRpa said:

@smallbibi said:

@iPIRpa said:

@smallbibi said:

It is not your duty unless asked. The provider has the right to refuse service.

Actually. ANY PLACE HAS THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE 🤣

of course, so the default fine comes

• @iPIRpa said: PS: a real VPN traffic

So why did support ask you about your blog and plugins? I am guessing because in the other abuse ticket, you told support you use server ONLY for blog.

Was it that hard to tell support you were using your server for a blog and for vpn? You created the problem yourself by lying...

• iPIRpaiPIRpa Member
    edited January 2021

@smallbibi said:

@iPIRpa said: PS: a real VPN traffic

So why did support ask you about your blog and plugins? I am guessing because in the other abuse ticket, you told support you use server ONLY for blog.

Was it that hard to tell support you were using your server for a blog and for vpn? You created the problem yourself by lying...

in the abuse ticket, i told pacificrack.com that i'm syncing data to another new VPS, since the related VPS will expire in a month.
    i have no idea about why did pacificrack.com ask me about my blog and plugins, it's not hard to tell pacificrack.com what i am using on. i do not think it is necessary to pacificrack.com to reset the bandwidth.

when bandwidth exceeded, suspend the VPS. at begin of month, reset the bandwidth, so simple. i can not understand why pacificrack.com makes it so complicated.

• @iPIRpa said: i do not need the help to identify abuse in my server, what i need is only reset the bandwidth and activate it, so i refused it.

Yes you do. Why are you expecting them to cooperate with you when you're not being helpful either?

• @miroc said:

@iPIRpa said: i do not need the help to identify abuse in my server, what i need is only reset the bandwidth and activate it, so i refused it.

Yes you do. Why are you expecting them to cooperate with you when you're not being helpful either?

i'm not expecting them to cooperate with me, it's 1st this month, it's time to reset the bandwidth, this is pacificrack.com's job. you can see it from the title of ticket 219473.

• mirocmiroc Member
    edited January 2021

@iPIRpa said: i'm not expecting them to cooperate with me, it's 1st this month, it's time to reset the bandwidth, this is pacificrack.com's job. you can see it from the title of ticket 219473.

And it is your job to cooperate with them when they VERY CLEARLY asked you about your VPS that could possibly be due to network abuse! Period.

You don't cooperate with them to find out the cause of the issue, they won't spend the time with you abusing their network in whatever way you are doing.

You are wrong and you are clearly keeping quiet about something, otherwise you would have answered their question.

• @iPIRpa said:

@miroc said:

@iPIRpa said: i do not need the help to identify abuse in my server, what i need is only reset the bandwidth and activate it, so i refused it.

i'm not expecting them to cooperate with me, it's 1st this month, it's time to reset the bandwidth, this is pacificrack.com's job. you can see it from the title of ticket 219473.

https://i.loli.net/2021/01/07/bhH437L9fQxlMCZ.png

• @iPIRpa said:

@iPIRpa said:

@miroc said:

It doesn't matter, as you have possibly abused their network, therefor they have the complete right to terminate your service.

They also have the right to be suspicious of you:
    They asked you if you knew why and what could have caused the bandwidth overage with your blog -> you refused to answer them and instead asked for more bandwidth

Idk, seems kinda sus to me. 🤡

They also did suggest you reinstall your VPS as if the network overage was not caused by you, your server might be compromised.

They tried to help you, but you refused to cooperate with them. You eat what you cook, honestly. 🤡🤡

OP shat poo and claimed it was just a really wet log.

Thanked by 2Erisa ninja1337
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited January 2021

@iPIRpa

What I see is largely a provider who, while being ticket-bombarded by you being stubborn and ignorant, responded to your ticket flood.

I don't know Pacific Racks and can't judge their products and service but I can certainly say that their support is far more patient than I would be.

And sorry but I have bad new for you: neither will providers change their operations and dance to your tune nor will the world obey to your every whim.

My advice: go home, forget about it and hope that we'll do too ...

• @miroc said:

@iPIRpa said:

@iPIRpa said:

@miroc said:

It doesn't matter, as you have possibly abused their network, therefor they have the complete right to terminate your service.

They also have the right to be suspicious of you:
    They asked you if you knew why and what could have caused the bandwidth overage with your blog -> you refused to answer them and instead asked for more bandwidth

Idk, seems kinda sus to me. 🤡

They also did suggest you reinstall your VPS as if the network overage was not caused by you, your server might be compromised.

They tried to help you, but you refused to cooperate with them. You eat what you cook, honestly. 🤡🤡

you should know that bandwidth overage is not bandwidth abuse. i did not abused pacificrack.com's network on this VPS.
    it's not my duty to cooperate with them, reset the bandwidth is pacificrack.com's job. and i did not ask for more bandwidth, just reset the bandwidth for the new month.
    if my VPS was reported as bandwidth abuse like ticket 279689, it is time for me to cooperate with pacificrack.com about bandwidth abuse. but my VPS use 0 bytes this month, no abuse tickets.
    i'm not eating what i cook, i'm eating what pacificrack.com made.

• sue

• @iPIRpa said: it's not my duty to cooperate with them

Yes it is.

Thanked by 2TimboJones Daniel15
  • @iPIRpa said: you should know that bandwidth overage is not bandwidth abuse.

True. However, a personal blog that uses that kind of bandwidth every month will be suspected of being compromised or doing evil shit. Since you insist on lying to them it would likely be assumed to be the latter, that you are complicit, and thus be abuse.

Thanked by 1miroc

@donko said:
    sue

That's my boy.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • @jsg said:
    @iPIRpa

What I see is largely a provider who, while being ticket-bombarded by you being stubborn and ignorant, responded to your ticket flood.

I don't know Pacific Racks and can't judge their products and service but I can certainly say that their support is far more patient than I would be.

And sorry but I have bad new for you: neither will providers change their operations and dance to your tune nor will the world obey to your every whim.

My advice: go home, forget about and hope that we'll do too ...

i can not agree with you, i bought 20+ VPS from different providers, including bandwagonhost, hostus, buyvm, vultr, virmach and digitalocean. no one is worse than pacificrack.com .