Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: Hostdoc back as "port443.uk" Possible scam alert!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: Hostdoc back as "port443.uk" Possible scam alert!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
USE STANDARD WARNING SIGNAL

PSA: SCAM OPERATION ALERT

Hostdoc is back. Scammed many people and some providers without giving refounds before he deadpooled.

He has spammed promos etc to email accounts registered previously with hostdoc.

Likely a hit and run scam operation. Proceed with extreme caution. Deadpool imminent.

End of advisory.

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Well, it could be him or it could also be anyone else due to the data leak they suffered from the tawk.to module.

• The domain port443.uk was registered on 24-Nov-2020

• No contact info on the contact page... always a good sign....

• Port443 is another AlphaRacks or HostDoc ... Pfff...

• @its420somewhere said:
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    USE STANDARD WARNING SIGNAL

PSA: SCAM OPERATION ALERT

Hostdoc is back. Scammed many people and some providers without giving refounds before he deadpooled.

He has spammed promos etc to email accounts registered previously with hostdoc.

Likely a hit and run scam operation. Proceed with extreme caution. Deadpool imminent.

End of advisory.

This nickname reminds me of something something hartigan from down under :-)
    I'm right, aren't I?

• @thedp said:
    Well, it could be him or it could also be anyone else due to the data leak they suffered from the tawk.to module.

To be fair the tawk.to module leak is just cached pages, if port443 is emailing all ex hostdoc customers then it is 99% chance its hostdoc making a comeback or someone he sold the mail contacts to.

@Ahfaiahkid said:

@thedp said:

To be fair the tawk.to module leak is just cached pages, if port443 is emailing all ex hostdoc customers then it is 99% chance its hostdoc making a comeback or someone he sold the mail contacts to.

Yeah, but we don’t know for sure if “all ex hostdoc customers” did receive that mail because I certainly didn’t, or maybe not yet at least 😂

• @thedp said:

Yeah, but we don’t know for sure if “all ex hostdoc customers” did receive that mail because I certainly didn’t, or maybe not yet at least 😂

Spam box checked? :#

@swat4 said:

@thedp said:

Spam box checked? :#

Yes 😀 I checked when this was first raised on the OGF a few days ago.

• I got email from them. Was wondering how they got my mail id..

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • @thedp said:

Yes 😀 I checked when this was first raised on the OGF a few days ago.

Honestly I am relatively new so all the above names look Greek to me. But based on what you guys said, they seemed to be a group of scammers?

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • Nope it’s him. Some detective works were done afaik to tie him back. Feel free to put on your LEHolmes hat.

@seriesn said:
    Nope it’s him. Some detective works were done afaik to tie him back. Feel free to put on your LEHolmes hat.

If that’s the case, then he’s got a welcoming party right here 😂

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Thanked by 2Daniel15 Falzo
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@thedp said:

Do you believe that? I don't, at all. Haha!

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Ahfaiahkid said:

@thedp said:

But it's just loading a script... Non cached script...

• Was wondering why I was getting those BS emails

• hostdoc owed me xxUSD and they ran away.

• @MikePT said:

@Ahfaiahkid said:

@thedp said:

But it's just loading a script... Non cached script...

I guess its just an excuse for him to deadpool. :D

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Yup, its them, the IP address they using still have hostdoc registered as organization.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Port 443 is already in use.

Thanked by 3JasonM cociu lazyt

Looks like some other forum/communities are already sharing their offers.

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • Thanked by 1Stryp
  • the (Host) Doctor wants to 'cum' back!

• He's just registered here too @P443John

• @its420somewhere said:
    He's just registered here too @P443John

Seems that it is him. Looking glass ip comes back to Hostdoc.

• Hi. Happy new year. I am John. The founder of a new hosting organisation known as Port443 Cloud Hosting. A member of this forum known as raindog has informed me about this thread. There is confusion about Port443 which has led to speculation I hope I can clear up.
    I was informed of the existence of Hostdoc from my live chat. Somebody that named them self FAT for the conversation.
    He insisted I was somebody I had not heard of and part of a group I had not heard of.
    It seems the confusion is because of the name he was referring to.

Some Background

I work as part of a small team of devOps.
    One of these members is someone we refer to as Junior. A fabulous team member who late 2019 began offering team members managed cloud services.
    The majority of us utilize AWS services for our personal test environment making his offer not bad because it is highly available and replicated onto 2 extra servers.
    He built the infrastructure through OVH and introduced many of our team members to OVH services.
    Around July, my girl and I broke up and I found this tough coupled with Corona and all the shit that came with it.

Our team still has daily meetings on zoom and Junior continues managing many of our test environments. This intrigued me so I asked him about the in and outs of what he did because I had found myself with a lot of free time, some what depressed with not much to do.
    He offered to help me start how he had started with a little hosting organisation to polish out a few skills.
    He helped with the purchase of my servers and domain and offered some tips and advise on how to run and operate.

Going back to my conversation with FAT. I had never paid attention to the company name Junior referred to during conversations so it don’t ring bells when it was mentioned.
    I was very confused. This conversation had names I don't recognise. They implied I was this person or represented a different organisation.
    The next day, I called Junior and let him know about this bizarre conversation. I say bro, I am getting strange live chat requests from people calling them self FAT.
    He recognised the name and gave me a little background into his hosting company and the reasons he shut down which I won’t go into detail about.

I have seen the word “scam” thrown around. From his explanation, I don't see how a scam has taken place. If one has, I don’t see how I am involved in it because I have services I use from him.
    If you feel you have issues with Junior, I have contact with him and can pass a message onto him (can’t guarantee a response but I will try), but he has let me know that many other users also have direct contact details for him and can/could contact him if they want.

Where I am now and some answers

This is my organisation so I will now talk about me and my hosting organisation.
    I am John Osengi. A 26 year old devOp from London.
    I have set up a hosting company with some help and have followed advise offered.
    This is a hobby for now because I have extra time and to keep my mind from going crazy.
    Before launch, Junior offered if I grew the organisation but lost motivation to run it, he may be interested in taking it off my hands. It could be a bigger monster than I think he advised. I had no idea what he was on about but now I think I see.
    He set up my organisation with OVH, helped me grow my mailing list and set up promotional campaigns.
    Junior attached my organisation to the IP blocks allocated to my servers but something went wrong and some still point back to him.

I cannot directly offer a solution to anyone for grievances you have, but, I can be a sympathetic ear and pass requests to him to see if he can provide a solution.

As part of advise offered from Junior, forums are a great place to grow my organisation but they are also a breeding ground for toxic behaviour and foul competition.
    I don’t want to step on toes or have reasons to call out people I don’t know or have any interest in.
    I ain't a active member here. I don't intend to be. I will answer questions if anybody has some and happy to offer trial runs of my service if requested.
    The service itself is not that exciting and quite basic. I offer dedicated resource plans which I understand this community does not consume for more than certain price. I can’t offer some of the deals many here can. I can’t compete with them on this platform. Any offers I have will be offers from marketing mail, my organisations social media and other accepted forms of promotion I think is good to promote the organisation and service I offer.
    I sell dedicated resources and prompt customer service. I charge appropriately for what I sell. I deliver what I sell promptly and efficiently. It ain’t low end and I get that.

Port443 Cloud Hosting is in no way related to Hostdoc the same way a OVH reseller provider on this site ain’t in any way related to OVH other than being a customer that use the service.

If you have received unwanted emails from me, please unsubscribe, you will not receive further marketing emails from my organisation.

• @P443John said:
    Hi. Happy new year. I am John. The founder of a new hosting organisation known as Port443 Cloud Hosting. A member of this forum known as raindog has informed me about this thread. There is confusion about Port443 which has led to speculation I hope I can clear up.
    I was informed of the existence of Hostdoc from my live chat. Somebody that named them self FAT for the conversation.
    He insisted I was somebody I had not heard of and part of a group I had not heard of.
    It seems the confusion is because of the name he was referring to.

Some Background

I work as part of a small team of devOps.
    One of these members is someone we refer to as Junior. A fabulous team member who late 2019 began offering team members managed cloud services.
    The majority of us utilize AWS services for our personal test environment making his offer not bad because it is highly available and replicated onto 2 extra servers.
    He built the infrastructure through OVH and introduced many of our team members to OVH services.
    Around July, my girl and I broke up and I found this tough coupled with Corona and all the shit that came with it.

Our team still has daily meetings on zoom and Junior continues managing many of our test environments. This intrigued me so I asked him about the in and outs of what he did because I had found myself with a lot of free time, some what depressed with not much to do.
    He offered to help me start how he had started with a little hosting organisation to polish out a few skills.
    He helped with the purchase of my servers and domain and offered some tips and advise on how to run and operate.

Going back to my conversation with FAT. I had never paid attention to the company name Junior referred to during conversations so it don’t ring bells when it was mentioned.
    I was very confused. This conversation had names I don't recognise. They implied I was this person or represented a different organisation.
    The next day, I called Junior and let him know about this bizarre conversation. I say bro, I am getting strange live chat requests from people calling them self FAT.
    He recognised the name and gave me a little background into his hosting company and the reasons he shut down which I won’t go into detail about.

I have seen the word “scam” thrown around. From his explanation, I don't see how a scam has taken place. If one has, I don’t see how I am involved in it because I have services I use from him.
    If you feel you have issues with Junior, I have contact with him and can pass a message onto him (can’t guarantee a response but I will try), but he has let me know that many other users also have direct contact details for him and can/could contact him if they want.

Where I am now and some answers

This is my organisation so I will now talk about me and my hosting organisation.
    I am John Osengi. A 26 year old devOp from London.
    I have set up a hosting company with some help and have followed advise offered.
    This is a hobby for now because I have extra time and to keep my mind from going crazy.
    Before launch, Junior offered if I grew the organisation but lost motivation to run it, he may be interested in taking it off my hands. It could be a bigger monster than I think he advised. I had no idea what he was on about but now I think I see.
    He set up my organisation with OVH, helped me grow my mailing list and set up promotional campaigns.
    Junior attached my organisation to the IP blocks allocated to my servers but something went wrong and some still point back to him.

I cannot directly offer a solution to anyone for grievances you have, but, I can be a sympathetic ear and pass requests to him to see if he can provide a solution.

As part of advise offered from Junior, forums are a great place to grow my organisation but they are also a breeding ground for toxic behaviour and foul competition.
    I don’t want to step on toes or have reasons to call out people I don’t know or have any interest in.
    I ain't a active member here. I don't intend to be. I will answer questions if anybody has some and happy to offer trial runs of my service if requested.
    The service itself is not that exciting and quite basic. I offer dedicated resource plans which I understand this community does not consume for more than certain price. I can’t offer some of the deals many here can. I can’t compete with them on this platform. Any offers I have will be offers from marketing mail, my organisations social media and other accepted forms of promotion I think is good to promote the organisation and service I offer.
    I sell dedicated resources and prompt customer service. I charge appropriately for what I sell. I deliver what I sell promptly and efficiently. It ain’t low end and I get that.

Port443 Cloud Hosting is in no way related to Hostdoc the same way a OVH reseller provider on this site ain’t in any way related to OVH other than being a customer that use the service.

If you have received unwanted emails from me, please unsubscribe, you will not receive further marketing emails from my organisation.

Lmao this screams shady especially the fact you're legit using emails from his list, his tawk module, and his ip block. Seriously?

Thanked by 1Ticaga
  • Thanked by 1WSWD
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited January 2021