Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is LET fetching resources from this domain? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why is LET fetching resources from this domain?

Comments

• @dynamo said:

@FAT32 said: Simply because despite I am one of the admins in LET, I don't have any access to the LET server. Only admin can inject code using Vanilla's feature but that's all I can do.

I know that. The purpose of this thread is to nudge people higher up with hope that they consider giving you the right tools/access to contribute in proper ways.

FAT32 said: Honestly I don't consider LowEndTalk as a professionally run website

I guess that is the core of our difference in perception about this board. I might be wrong but I am still of the opinion that its a professionally run website with set privacy policies etc. which is why I have taken this seemingly naive patchwork more seriously.

FAT32 said: can cause privacy leak such as embedding images from their own server

I am sure you know better that a remote script/stylesheet called from every page on LET has no comparison with a user embedding a remote image in a specific post.

FAT32 said: My domain is also pointing to Cloudflare so my server don't get all the requests

I am damn sure you know better that Cloudflare protects the servers and not client information. It relays everything as-is.

FAT32 said: but your comment is full of negative words

Yes they are strong words but not really negative. That is just my way of putting across a point using strong words. You don't have to take it personally as they weren't targeted at you anyways. Its the responsibility of LET owner/s to decide whether this laxity is acceptable. You missed the good words though. I also said no mod/admin in past has contributed as much as you in the few years you been here.

FAT32 said: People can really complain about anything.

Unfortunate that you see it this way. Feedback can also be taken in the right spirit.

FAT32 said: Since you prefer LET to be more professional, I had removed the stylesheet for GIFs and will also remove other injected codes when I am back to my computer.

You do not have to act on my preferences. Its the larger audience that matters. I just felt that I should bring this up for the forum managers to ponder over.

literally no one but you cares about this

Thanked by 1skorupion
  • FAT32 said:

I prefer deal over drama though...

New deal every week! Now bundled with spicy drama.

Thanked by 1skorupion
  • The stupid thing about the google requests is they are for recaptcha, how is recaptcha used here?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2020

"Admins shouldn't be able to modify the website because of privacy and security"

Next you'll tell me web developers shouldn't be modifying websites either. If the admin can't be trusted, site can't be trusted. If the admin can be trusted, admin's domain can be trusted. There's really no scenario where the admin can be trusted but only so long as they don't call a resource from another domain.

• @FAT32 next time choose a domain name that will look like cc corporation.

hudsonvalleyhost.cf looks much better 🤗

Thanked by 2FAT32 vimalware
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2020

You see this thread, then you see @jar post and then you see his footer with

Should I trust this domain?!?!?!?!oenoeneo!N1oneone

--

However if you just want to motivate CC Corporation to give (or not) FAT32 access to FTP then all you need is just to remind them that (in theory) FAT32 can get (in the ballpark) visitor stats via his CF/script and next time they start with lies there will be another moderator to call on them :D

• it's nice to see dynamo doing his part in contributing

drama

• dynamo motor ? right..

• Can we just ban OP and move on ?

Thanked by 1skorupion
  • I agree. Ban OP.

Also ban @jar.

/joke

Thanked by 1skorupion
  • @imok said:
    I agree. Ban OP.

Also ban @jar.

/joke

imnotok

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2020

I don't know where's the dark theme, but I miss the chicken animation.

I'm OK with embedding resources from @FAT32 domain, but it should be a paid domain with proper DNSSEC setup, not a Freenom domain.
    If you look carefully, Freenom domains are owned by the Freenom corporation and not the user, and they can take it back at any time.

coloncrossing####.net is still available.
    It'll be useful for this purpose.

@ben47955 said:
    Can we just ban OP and move on ?

No, OP should not be banned for pointing out a problem in forum operation.

Thanked by 2seenu FAT32
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@webclouddev said:

@imok said:
    I agree. Ban OP.

Also ban @jar.

/joke

imnotok

hatok

• Waiting for a DRAMA60OFF coupon code, please tag providers. Thank you.

Thanked by 1skorupion
  • @yoursunny said: No, OP should not be banned for pointing out a problem in forum operation.

Sorry that I didn't make the joke obvious enough.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@yoursunny said: with proper DNSSEC setup

You mean like lowendtalk.com?

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

Can you bring snow back?
    I miss it

• IDK why @dynamo got hate for this. It's a valid concern for those who are privacy minded.

At least the site works with no JS enabled.

• duckeeyuckduckeeyuck Member
    edited December 2020

You're just trying to find something to whine about OP.
    Edit: Besides CSS gets cached, it's not like it's spying every site you go to lol....

• For some unknown reason, @fat32 continues to care about this forum. Need the holiday spirit- let it snow. No easter eggs, fixed. Need some good deals - @Fat32 is there. havent seen or heard of anything negative that hehas done. Hence no good deed goes unpunished and @dynamo has to be that guy - Dickus maximus.

@dynamo- I have the perfect solution, so special I should charge you - but I won't as Im all about helping. Log out, leave let and never return. No one will track you, no one will care. Maybe leave your ISP too- cause goddamn they know everything about you! Yeah yeah, you use a vpn. Well your no log provider knows everything. yeah yeah, you have your own vps and vpn. So your provider knows everything. Yea yeah its your own server, your DC knows everything. Yeah Yeah you own your DC - well the internet provider keeps traffic logs.

Basically, just go away and let @fat32 do what he does in peace. If everyone did what he does- these lowend sites would improve even more

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

All I have to say to @FAT32 is this

Thank you, thanks a lot!

• @rambler if privacy minded dont use a PUBLIC forum for posting - notice private/public repeat 50 times

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Maybe it is just the way OP delivered his feedback in strong words which caused a little bit of drama. However, OP did gave some valid feedbacks and I am still working with Jon for the access to do it properly.

Thanks for all the kinds comments, especially the one from Jarland meant a lot to me. Will let you guys know once it is properly fixed, in the meanwhile don't bash OP for that. Cheers.

Thanked by 2benj0x ferri

@jsg said:

Thank you, thanks a lot!

We all love @FAT32.
    I recorded 32 push-ups on Christmas for @FAT32.

push-ups

Video encoding server sponsored by Hosterlabs (SolusIO trial). Full speed Ryzen is 7x faster than Oracle Cloud and EUserv.
    CC @brueggus please send extra RAM.

Thanked by 3FAT32 benj0x maverickp
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited December 2020

@yoursunny said:

@jsg said:

Thank you, thanks a lot!

We all love @FAT32.

Tsts but I love him MOAR than you * nasty look

• @FAT32 said:
    Maybe it is just the way OP delivered his feedback in strong words which caused a little bit of drama. However, OP did gave some valid feedbacks and I am still working with Jon for the access to do it properly.

Thanks for all the kinds comments, especially the one from Jarland meant a lot to me. Will let you guys know once it is properly fixed, in the meanwhile don't bash OP for that. Cheers.

So wise :+1:

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2020

@yoursunny said: CC @brueggus please send extra RAM.

Stop it already, I'm still getting private messages about this "promo". :lol:

• pity OP

his concerns might be (or might not be ) valid but the way ppl attacking him..... its just not appropriate.

and people started giving lectures about privacy to him, as he don't know abt ISP and all.

just targeting a person and attacking... is this is a school or mature forum?

so from now onward, no one here should make any complaint (usage of words is big issue in OP's post) and just leave this place instead, that is what many people suggest?

• @seenu said:
    pity OP

his concerns might be (or might not be ) valid but the way ppl attacking him..... its just not appropriate.

and people started giving lectures about privacy to him, as he don't know abt ISP and all.

just targeting a person and attacking... is this is a school or mature forum?

so from now onward, no one here should make any complaint (usage of words is big issue in OP's post) and just leave this place instead, that is what many people suggest?

I felt the same and didn't bother to make a comment since no one cares.

Thanked by 1seenu

@brueggus said:

@yoursunny said: CC @brueggus please send extra RAM.

Stop it already, I'm still getting private messages about this "promo". :lol:

Please forward me those videos. I need content.