Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 97
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• darkvicedarkvice Member
    edited December 2020

edit

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@codydoby said:
    @VirMach There is bug for the contol pannel of one 2019 BF server. Should not I create one titicket for this? What should I do after receiving one 15 USD invoice? (Ticket #446953)

No more time to reinstall

Cannot access the solusvm

15 USD invoice

$15 invoice is for the priority ticket you created asking us to re-install Windows. That doesn't qualify under priority.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @VirMach said:

@codydoby said:
    @VirMach There is bug for the contol pannel of one 2019 BF server. Should not I create one titicket for this? What should I do after receiving one 15 USD invoice? (Ticket #446953)

15 USD invoice

$15 invoice is for the priority ticket you created asking us to re-install Windows. That doesn't qualify under priority.

Sorry, I don't want to be like this. But I think everything is relative, and this matter has a high priority relative to me. I simply can't use the reinstall system button to automatically create what you call a more suitable ticket to contact your customer service, so I tried to open the ticket (Ticket #446953) independently. I am confused and helpless because of this bug. I can’t reset my password (it will report an error), I can’t directly click to reinstall the system (it reminds me that I have run out of times), and I can’t enter the background control panel, i.e., solusvm, prompting me that my username or password is wrong. What is more, this is the Black Friday machine last year instead of this year. Can you give me a priority?

• @codydoby said:

@VirMach said:

@codydoby said:

15 USD invoice

Sorry, I don't want to be like this. But I think everything is relative, and this matter has a high priority relative to me.

Hence, the $15 invoice for your relative priority.

I simply can't use the reinstall system button to automatically create what you call a more suitable ticket to contact your customer service, so I tried to open the ticket (Ticket #446953) independently. I am confused and helpless because of this bug. I can’t reset my password (it will report an error), I can’t directly click to reinstall the system (it reminds me that I have run out of times), and I can’t enter the background control panel, i.e., solusvm, prompting me that my username or password is wrong. What is more, this is the Black Friday machine last year instead of this year. Can you give me a priority?

This is not a priority by nearly any definition used by providers. For example, it doesn't appear to be an operational service experiencing an active outage. Reinstalls pretty much indicate that. Also, the password and username shit you mentioned is suspect and you should probably just be cancelled instead of renewed.

• @VirMach
    Is your KVM-SPECIAL-512 still available?
    If so how long will it take to be provisioned from moment of ordering?

• @TimboJones said:

@codydoby said:

@VirMach said:

@codydoby said:

15 USD invoice

Sorry, I don't want to be like this. But I think everything is relative, and this matter has a high priority relative to me.

Hence, the $15 invoice for your relative priority.

I simply can't use the reinstall system button to automatically create what you call a more suitable ticket to contact your customer service, so I tried to open the ticket (Ticket #446953) independently. I am confused and helpless because of this bug. I can’t reset my password (it will report an error), I can’t directly click to reinstall the system (it reminds me that I have run out of times), and I can’t enter the background control panel, i.e., solusvm, prompting me that my username or password is wrong. What is more, this is the Black Friday machine last year instead of this year. Can you give me a priority?

This is not a priority by nearly any definition used by providers. For example, it doesn't appear to be an operational service experiencing an active outage. Reinstalls pretty much indicate that. Also, the password and username shit you mentioned is suspect and you should probably just be cancelled instead of renewed.

Assumptions: 1. I can enter the solusvm system 2. I can reset the Windows password 3. I can install any other Linux systems 4. As an old user (machine in 2019), I can be resolved first
    I would not create one ticket or mention him here if any item of the above was met. You said I should be cancelled? Then I hope you can tell him make me a refund. I haven't thought about refunds, but it seems that you have a great say here.

• codydobycodydoby Member
    edited December 2020

@TimboJones said: Hence, the $15 invoice for your relative priority.

I thought the reinstallation of the Windows 2012 is free as can be seen on website. Okay, sorry for that I shouldn't create that type of ticket. But could you tell me what I need to do now to make this bug in their system be recognized and resolved as soon as possible? The ticket can be closed, but do I still need to pay for this bill? And if I don’t pay, what can I do, just shut up and wait?

edited December 2020

@codydoby said: I thought the reinstallation of the Windows 2012 is free as can be seen on website. Okay, sorry for that I shouldn't create that type of ticket. But could you tell me what I need to do now to make this bug in their system be recognized and resolved as soon as possible? The ticket can be closed, but do I still need to pay for this bill? And if I don’t pay, what can I do, just shut up and wait?

As I should have already mentioned on your ticket (correct me if I'm wrong) you were told that it'll be automatically resolved. Then you made another reply or two after that was stated. The re-install request has a button (not priority department by default) and your vserverid issue will be automatically resolved.

Perhaps this could have been communicated to you better in this very specific case, but understand that no matter what, it would not qualify as a free priority ticket in this situation. So it's fine in this specific case if you made a ticket, but not a priority ticket (assuming you wanted free support instead.) Please note, this is not an invitation for everyone else to start making tickets about this -- most people should have notices not to create it but in this specific case the notice was not there. We have it under control, we debugged the issue and understand now that the WHMCS SolusVM module caused a problem to occur. We already have a list, and we're already going through it fixing this issue but this issue is time-consuming.

I recommend closing your priority ticket, and making an installation request for Windows, in the proper department (leave it default.)

(Edit) As for the $15 charge, you definitely owe us that money but as long as you do not create more priority tickets, spam tickets, make tickets you shouldn't or make a ticket or reply about the fee being there, we obviously would not bill you it as long as you do not have a payment method on file. I'm not promising that your account will forever be in good standing but we basically do not go after the charge as long as the customer stops being problematic.

@trycatchthis said:
    @VirMach
    Is your KVM-SPECIAL-512 still available?
    If so how long will it take to be provisioned from moment of ordering?

I can't promise you anything on provisioning right now, but it should still be available.

Update for everyone.

• PENDING SERVICES - We still have not fixed the bug or figured out what's causing the issue with the last 1.5%~ of BF SPECIAL services that are still not provisioned. If you have a ticket, we'll continue cancelling/refunding these. If you do not have a ticket, we'll still try to fix it and we'll adjust your next due date in this case once we fix it since it's taking an extra long time.
    • IP & rDNS REQUESTS - Please close your tickets if you requested an IP change, or made an rDNS request (that's not been filled.) Then, make a new request. These requests should now for the most part be automated. This will help you out and also help us out since we've been receiving many of these requests recently. We are trying to also automate ISO mounts, but that might not happen anytime soon.
    • VSERVERID ISSUE / NOT FOUND - If your service completely doesn't show up at and all you see is vserverid at this point, leave your ticket open but please otherwise CLOSE your tickets. We have too many of these requests and the problem has already been fixed. If you have vserverid error appear on ACTIONS such as logging into the control panel, we've located this issue and fixing it now. I'll update you here when it's fully fixed.
    • ALIPAY PAID BUT UNPAID - We've located the issue here, and we've fixed most payments already, for all BF SPECIALS. If you created a ticket for this and its already fixed, PLEASE CLOSE IT. Otherwise, if you paid before the flash sale ended and its still marked unpaid, leave your ticket open and ensure you included your Alipay transaction ID in text format. If you paid afterward, please wait, we are doing a second batch of manual payment confirmations soon. All future payments should confirm correctly.
    • NOT PAID / CANCELLED - At this point if you did not get to purchase a special offer, and never actually paid, we can only assist you if you made a single reply to the "Resolving issue & completing" ticket. DO NOT create a new ticket about getting an offer you missed, and if you did please CLOSE this ticket.
    • EMAIL VERIFICATION EMAILS - These were not sending out past the initial email. This has been fixed. If you have a ticket regarding this issue, please close the ticket, although in this case since we did not provide any prior communication at all it's okay if you leave yours open, we'll just close it for you.
    • OUTAGE REPORTS - If you reported an outage, we've unfortunately had a good mount of these this month especially with Serverhub (Frankfurt) and some nodes that are having hardware problems. We are planning on migrating these, but we understand there have been long/multiple outages. Please close your ticket if you can, if you reported this and the server came back online. Please also close your ticket if you created one because you thought there was an outage but your service is now online after a re-install/reboot.
    • OTHER BILLING ISSUE/CREDITS - Please hold off on creating these tickets. We may still try to adjust everyone's due date based on creation date. Please do not create a ticket asking for the due date to be adjusted, at least yet. Please note if your service was activated within a few days, we will not honor any adjustments or credits at all but we understand for those that took longer, it's unfair if we do not provide some credits or adjustment (as for a small amount of these, perhaps 5% of the duration was lost.)
    • ERROR 1006/WEB VNC - Some of our nodes still do not have a functional web VNC. Please do not create a ticket about this. We are already aware of all the nodes that have this issue and are working to fix them, but until then, you can use any other VNC app to access your VPS. Please do not ask for credit regarding web VNC not functioning, we do not provide credits for anything outside of outages, where your VPS is not functional. Your VPS is functional, it's just the specific web VNC not functioning.
    • CONNECTION ISSUES - If you have any connection issues, first check VNC and ensure that your operating system is running properly. Then, if you create a ticket or already have one open, ensure you have [A] provided us with your service password, [B] provided MTR, both directions. Otherwise, after waiting a long time you will just receive a response from us that asks for this information.
    • SUSPENDED SERVICES - If your service is suspended for non-payment because you did not make a payment on it (for old 2019 specials or whatever else) then please be very concise -- provide your invoice ID, and confirm you want the invoice marked back to unpaid. Make it in the billing department. Do not use the suspension appeal button for these, we'll try to see if you can still keep these active but please understand most of these are 3-4 weeks overdue already and only help as a coincidence since we had other issues earlier regarding payments/suspensions.
    • REQUESTING REFUNDS - We will only honor these if you followed through with the normal described process in the knowledgebase. This means that if you have a special, you do not qualify for a refund, for any reason. Please do not make other tickets outside of this, and please do not argue our policies with us. If you were billed because you did not cancel your BF special for 362~ days then you were billed, you do not qualify for a refund, please do not create a ticket. Please do not create a ticket requesting resolution for these specials. We will start billing people for support as they continue to argue these policies.
    • SUSPENDED AND VSERVERID MISSING - If your service is suspended and vserverid is missing, then please contact us using the PRIORITY department. We need to re-couple your VPS to the control panel. We already have a list of those affected and working on resolving these as well, but we welcome tickets as it actually assists us in processing these more quickly in this case. If you want to request SLA credit for the downtime, please hold off on that for now and do not mention it in your ticket, so we can get through these quickly.

Please check the knowledgebase and close your ticket if it is easily answered there.

We're not going to severely punish anyone for opening these tickets or leaving them open when they should not have created the ticket or if the issue is already resolved, but we will be placing all of those clients in a low priority ticket group. This means moving forward you will receive a ticket response last, in all of our queues (outside of emergency situations.) So I highly recommend you ensure you do not have tickets open about the described issues if you should not have it open. You'll also be added to the low priority list if you opened more than one single ticket regarding the same issue.

To close your ticket:

1) Navigate to your ticket list: https://billing.virmach.com/supporttickets.php
    2) Click on the ticket.
    3) Click the red "Close" button on the left sidebar.

Let me know if you have any questions. Ticket numbers are finally colling down so we should be able to catch up to them very soon either way, but please help us out where you can by closing your ticket or not creating one unless necessary.

• @VirMach said: OTHER BILLING ISSUE/CREDITS - Please hold off on creating these tickets. We may still try to adjust everyone's due date based on creation date. Please do not create a ticket asking for the due date to be adjusted, at least yet. Please note if your service was activated within a few days, we will not honor any adjustments or credits at all but we understand for those that took longer, it's unfair if we do not provide some credits or adjustment (as for a small amount of these, perhaps 5% of the duration was lost.)

I have a ticket with Billing department. I paid the PayPal invoice, but WHMCS shows the Invoice cancelled. This would come under Other Billing issues, right? I would prefer to get the server instead or the refund (no credit).

• Sanjue007Sanjue007 Member
    edited December 2020

Dear @VirMach

Since a ticket pending in technical review from 5days (2nd ticket) service disabled since more than 15 days.. Please check.

• @Sanjue007 said: Since a ticket pending in technical review from 5days (2nd ticket) service disabled since more than 15 days.. Please check.

You would think after weeks of people posting here for support daily, maybe people will learn to stop asking for support on LET. But no, it just keeps going on and on.

If you got your servers at the original price, sure, make your tickets. You're entitled to it. If you got your servers as a black friday promo, your only choice is to wait. Replying to your ticket or making more tickets only resets your queue at pretty much every single host, btw.

Thanked by 2Sanjue007 user123
  • @VirMach thanks for the update! I'm still hoping that my order that was manually flipped back to pending a week or two ago and autopaid will come through, but I guess I'll just keep hoping. =)

• @VirMach said: As I should have already mentioned on your ticket (correct me if I'm wrong) you were told that it'll be automatically resolved. Then you made another reply or two after that was stated. The re-install request has a button (not priority department by default) and your vserverid issue will be automatically resolved.

Perhaps this could have been communicated to you better in this very specific case, but understand that no matter what, it would not qualify as a free priority ticket in this situation. So it's fine in this specific case if you made a ticket, but not a priority ticket (assuming you wanted free support instead.) Please note, this is not an invitation for everyone else to start making tickets about this -- most people should have notices not to create it but in this specific case the notice was not there. We have it under control, we debugged the issue and understand now that the WHMCS SolusVM module caused a problem to occur. We already have a list, and we're already going through it fixing this issue but this issue is time-consuming.

I recommend closing your priority ticket, and making an installation request for Windows, in the proper department (leave it default.)

(Edit) As for the $15 charge, you definitely owe us that money but as long as you do not create more priority tickets, spam tickets, make tickets you shouldn't or make a ticket or reply about the fee being there, we obviously would not bill you it as long as you do not have a payment method on file. I'm not promising that your account will forever be in good standing but we basically do not go after the charge as long as the customer stops being problematic.

Sorry for the trouble. Many thanks!

• @smallbibi said:

@Sanjue007 said: Since a ticket pending in technical review from 5days (2nd ticket) service disabled since more than 15 days.. Please check.

You would think after weeks of people posting here for support daily, maybe people will learn to stop asking for support on LET. But no, it just keeps going on and on.

Well, considering a support ticket costs 15 USD, it is cheaper (free) to post here. Isn't it?

• @lovelyserver said:

@smallbibi said:

@Sanjue007 said: Since a ticket pending in technical review from 5days (2nd ticket) service disabled since more than 15 days.. Please check.

Well, considering a support ticket costs 15 USD, it is cheaper (free) to post here. Isn't it?

Damn true.

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • Display after account login"Please check your email and follow the link to verify your email address.”I tried to resend the verification code to the email. Unable to receive re-verification email. Can this problem be solved?@VirMach

• @lovelyserver said:

@smallbibi said:

And be put into low priority queue from now on.

• @VirMach , node PHXKVM1 goes down on 28th and comes back to life on 30th every month, and this has been repeating since September. any solutions in the future? migration to other locations as you have updated above?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ripeapple said:
    @VirMach , node PHXKVM1 goes down on 28th and comes back to life on 30th every month, and this has been repeating since September. any solutions in the future? migration to other locations as you have updated above?

What happens in February?

Happy February 30th

@ripeapple said:
    @VirMach , node PHXKVM1 goes down on 28th and comes back to life on 30th every month, and this has been repeating since September. any solutions in the future? migration to other locations as you have updated above?

I've reported this bug to Serverhub several months ago and they have not fixed it. This is related to an issue with WHMCS from a while ago and we actually had to do our own work-around, where service gets stuck on the incorrect payment method. Serverhub also switched off our account from being immune to suspensions and their billing department doesn't really reply to tickets or rectify issues, and they still send us erroneous bills for cancelled services.

On top of this the nodes at this point all have some kind of issue and Serverhub has basically refused to perform any hardware replacements, it's really a mess. We need to migrate people off these soon.

It's just difficult fitting it in a tight schedule so we've been moving people as they create tickets. Luckily, we've locked off this node for a very long time and already migrated a good portion of people off so a very small quantity of people are affected. I'm hoping we can complete the migrations this week sometime.

On top of that KernelCare has recently pushed out bad updates, causing system crashes and then it seems like it results in weird issues depending on specific kernel versions and which of their updates broke. We've organized these and intend on handling it with our own kernel updates but until then, it randomly causes issues with outages to where they are extended for a longer period of time. Just to clarify though, when you mention going down on the 28th and coming back on the 30th, this extended outage only happened once unless your service has a more specific issue causing it not to boot up immediately. Last month, what happened was that we could not manually pay the bill since Serverhub updated their WHMCS and another bug appeared (which we were aware of and fixed on our end immediately when updating.) We had to contact them and have the higher-ups do something about it -- the bug essentially caused our account to be partially non-existent with them. It was part of the WHMCS user system update/issue, and all our services/invoices with them were "missing." This happened over the weekend so they took longer to resolve that issue and combined with the random payment issue from several months back that they still have not fixed, it caused the bad situation.

@sanwan2009 said:

Display after account login"Please check your email and follow the link to verify your email address.”I tried to resend the verification code to the email. Unable to receive re-verification email. Can this problem be solved?@VirMach

We fixed these, but if you're still having issues then maybe there's a secondary issue or your e-mail inbox may be rejecting the emails. Let us know in a ticket and we can check.

@lovelyserver said: Well, considering a support ticket costs 15 USD, it is cheaper (free) to post here. Isn't it?

It's always best people ask their questions about the special on the thread, but tickets don't cost $15 -- priority tickets do in non-emergency situations. If your service is suspended, then priority ticket would be best if it's not suspended due to abuse and instead an unforseen situation.

You'd get an answer to that specific situation unrelated to the sale faster on a priority ticket.

• @VirMach any solution to 1.5% ?

• "reported this bug to Serverhub" , are you a reseller?

• mcgreemcgree Member
    edited December 2020

12-05 => 12-31

• ripeappleripeapple Member
    edited December 2020

@VirMach said: It's just difficult fitting it in a tight schedule so we've been moving people as they create tickets. Luckily, we've locked off this node for a very long time and already migrated a good portion of people off so a very small quantity of people are affected. I'm hoping we can complete the migrations this week sometime.

@VirMach , thanks for the long reply.

• @VirMach said:

@skyindreams said: $4.51,Newyork,same with SSD,but io only 145M?Can I send a ticket with this situation?

Yes, send it with all the data and login details.

Over a week no response yet,Could I send ticket again?

• Executive Summary

Folks really don't get it.
    Low cost hosting requires a minimal overhead for the provider.
    Provider gives plenty of concise instructions on how to utilise the service, including a knowledgebase and specific sections for raising support tickets. Additionally, supplemental information covers general policies and specifics pertaining to special offers.

A flash sale frenzy is created that is swamped by 'bots and 'real' customers, where English is not the native language. No restrictions/policies are heeded. The scripting and cell 'phone brigade try to grab the best prices/deals regardless of practicality.
    Ensuing traffic onslaught causes utter chaos/meltdown with the previously coping sales website and the tied in billing system.
    Provider tries its' best to remedy the situation, even taking the time on LET, to respond to complaints and suggestions. A substantial change in the infrastructure is presented, that at least gives some of us the opportunity to benefit from some of the better deals. Heck, the provider even gives an opportunity for potential customers to test it! All within a shrunken timescale and near panic environment.

Cue the me, me, me, people that haven't been following the drama unfold, primarily here on LET. They even expect 'support' when they likely purchased a product through some other poorly translated website. The people who have followed the Flash Sale on LET and encouraged its' progress (me included) can't really be surprised by the influx, surely.

Amongst all of this @Virmach has experienced a seesaw of reactions, before, during and after the sale. Shit knows how he's maintained the staying power. From trying to explain some of the difficulties, to providing more than expected insider information and attempting some humour.

We've already been told that the ticket system was swamped weeks ago and I'll bet 70% were needlessly created due to lack of (customer) understanding. Really, take the overall picture into account.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Virmach no longer offer flash sales, due to this fiasco.

TLDR: The Flash Sales broke due to too many muppets. The innocents were also affected.

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Executive Summary

Folks really don't get it.
    Low cost hosting requires a minimal overhead for the provider.
    Provider gives plenty of concise instructions on how to utilise the service, including a knowledgebase and specific sections for raising support tickets. Additionally, supplemental information covers general policies and specifics pertaining to special offers.

A flash sale frenzy is created that is swamped by 'bots and 'real' customers, where English is not the native language. No restrictions/policies are heeded. The scripting and cell 'phone brigade try to grab the best prices/deals regardless of practicality.
    Ensuing traffic onslaught causes utter chaos/meltdown with the previously coping sales website and the tied in billing system.
    Provider tries its' best to remedy the situation, even taking the time on LET, to respond to complaints and suggestions. A substantial change in the infrastructure is presented, that at least gives some of us the opportunity to benefit from some of the better deals. Heck, the provider even gives an opportunity for potential customers to test it! All within a shrunken timescale and near panic environment.

Cue the me, me, me, people that haven't been following the drama unfold, primarily here on LET. They even expect 'support' when they likely purchased a product through some other poorly translated website. The people who have followed the Flash Sale on LET and encouraged its' progress (me included) can't really be surprised by the influx, surely.

Amongst all of this @Virmach has experienced a seesaw of reactions, before, during and after the sale. Shit knows how he's maintained the staying power. From trying to explain some of the difficulties, to providing more than expected insider information and attempting some humour.

We've already been told that the ticket system was swamped weeks ago and I'll bet 70% were needlessly created due to lack of (customer) understanding. Really, take the overall picture into account.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Virmach no longer offer flash sales, due to this fiasco.

TLDR: The Flash Sales broke due to too many muppets. The innocents were also affected.

This post was not skint.

• @VirMach said: EMAIL VERIFICATION EMAILS - These were not sending out past the initial email. This has been fixed. If you have a ticket regarding this issue, please close the ticket, although in this case since we did not provide any prior communication at all it's okay if you leave yours open, we'll just close it for you.

@VirMach, I clicked the "resend verificaiton email" but still cannot receive it. I tried twice in vain so I opened a Ticket #437335. Please help a bit. Many thanks.

@ripeapple said:

@VirMach said: EMAIL VERIFICATION EMAILS - These were not sending out past the initial email. This has been fixed. If you have a ticket regarding this issue, please close the ticket, although in this case since we did not provide any prior communication at all it's okay if you leave yours open, we'll just close it for you.

@VirMach, I clicked the "resend verificaiton email" but still cannot receive it. I tried twice in vain so I opened a Ticket #437335. Please help a bit. Many thanks.

More issues appearing with this one, we're looking into it.

Thanked by 1ripeapple